Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SO... I have 3 boxes of .38 ammo. And a .38 pistol, but is says NO AMMO, and I can't reload the gun?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
When a bit part of the game is spent in the slow ass clunky combat, it should be the first and only priority, bar game breaking bugs and crashes, to make it better.

To be honest tho, I very much doubt this engine can manage to produce good zombie encounters and combat.

We'll see. I'm going to wait until the first expansion pack before I pass judgement on the combat system.

Multi-headed Cow

SO... I have 3 boxes of .38 ammo. And a .38 pistol, but is says NO AMMO, and I can't reload the gun?
The ammo has to be in... Uh... A slot. I forget if there's a specific ammo slot (Don't think so) or if it just has to go into the quick items (I think so) but you can't reload a gun from ammo just in your inventory.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So... Elaine is going to start pissing me off. I wish there was an option to pick her up and throw her over the fence as Zombie food....

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
So... Elaine is going to start pissing me off. I wish there was an option to pick her up and throw her over the fence as Zombie food....
just be an ass to her, and the problem will solve itself...

cw8

Cipher

I was good to her and she stabilized somewhat. Became the camp counselor.
You can always bring the party member outfield, have him/her arggo 10 zombies while the rest of the party waits at the exit zone and then go back home once the zombies are having a snack out of him/her.

cw8

Cipher
Game has a good tendency to make you feel bad sometimes. Last surviving woman tells me that they're just trying to make the mall their home and I ruined it all. What do you expect me to do when I open the mall's doors and someone shoots me with a shotgun instead of talking.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Game has a good tendency to make you feel bad sometimes. Last surviving woman tells me that they're just trying to make the mall their home and I ruined it all. What do you expect me to do when I open the mall's doors and someone shoots me with a shotgun instead of talking.
they actually tell you to back the fuck off and go away via a flavor pop-up when you come near the doors.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK figured out the Elaine thing (and the 2 options to deal with her) r00fles!

Made it to Day 8, but NOW I kind of understand what to do. What I was expecting, is that we hear about a new location, and then that is our mission for the day™. What I wasn't doing is exploring. ooops. Also I repaired the generator, but did not turn it off and almost all my gas is gone. heh.

So..... if there is a mission of the day™, do that THEN EXPLORE (but be back by 3PM). Which is kind of a bitch to calculate via that map. But I'm sure I can figure it out. AND TURN OFF THE FUCKING GENERATOR. heh

cw8

Cipher
they actually tell you to back the fuck off and go away via a flavor pop-up when you come near the doors.

No popup for me, it actually does appear in the chatlog, guess I missed it. So the moment I pick the lock, they arggo. There's 2 data in that place, doubt I'll actually go off without getting the data even if I wanted to roleplay the "good" person.

So..... if there is a mission of the day™, do that THEN EXPLORE (but be back by 3PM). Which is kind of a bitch to calculate via that map. But I'm sure I can figure it out. AND TURN OFF THE FUCKING GENERATOR. heh

I normally come back at night, like 8-9pm. I guess things should be fine if you don't go over the 11pm mark. Also get horses asap.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
4am is automatic end of being outside (even if you have a friggin radio to tell those numbnuts that you haven't abandoned them, which is kinda stupid) and it comes with 50 morale penalty on top of the tired status you get from staying out till i forgot when, so just try to get home before that (or before you get tired, if you're out of energy drinks).
There's 2 data in that place, doubt I'll actually go off without getting the data even if I wanted to roleplay the "good" person.
you don't need all data items, as they aren't unique, and there are quite a few more items than entries.

Multi-headed Cow

Generally speaking you don't wanna turn the generator off. You get a morale penalty at the end of the day (-30 or -50, something around there. Fairly hefty IIRC) if you didn't have electricity. Plus it's not like you have much else use for gas. IIRC you can use it to craft molotov cocktails, and you can burn it in the car but the car is... Not very good compared to horses.

Though yeah, you absolutely have to explore. Occasionally an NPC will mark a location but 99% of the time you just have to find shit yourself. Plus that's also how you'll end up finding new friendly NPCs anyway.

34scell

Augur
Mechanics and science perks can reduce your fuel expenditure to 1. And then there's an NPC perk which gives you +2 fuel (though I'm not sure they have that working yet).

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Generally speaking you don't wanna turn the generator off. You get a morale penalty at the end of the day (-30 or -50, something around there. Fairly hefty IIRC) if you didn't have electricity. Plus it's not like you have much else use for gas. IIRC you can use it to craft molotov cocktails, and you can burn it in the car but the car is... Not very good compared to horses.

Gas, food, parts & special luxury items. You pretty much HAVE TO ration all that shit during the first half of the game or at least plan their usage a bit. What to use, how much, who to give what to,... And that's great! But as it's been said dozens of times already, all of that eventually becomes a non-issue and kills the game dead.=( You'll see, you'll all see!

Still think it IS a good game overall.:S If I had to give it a numerical rating, I could definitely go as high as 7/10. I'm happy with what I got for the measly 15$ I backed the game for. But still can't help but feel a bit disappointed as well.:/ It's just a SHAME, a damn shame the game falls a part in the second half, once you've got everything up and running. Could've been great, sadly isn't.=(

Oh, about the car and horses, was it a bug that the car's trunk was still usable during travel despite the fact that I always left it at the shelter? That made using it for transportation pretty much pointless. What with the horses not using gas and being able to reach any destination on the map and getting you back home with plenty of time to spare.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, about the car and horses, was it a bug that the car's trunk was still usable during travel despite the fact that I always left it at the shelter? That made using it for transportation pretty much pointless. What with the horses not using gas and being able to reach any destination on the map and getting you back home with plenty of time to spare.
Sounds like a bug to me. I guess the 'trunk' could also represent saddlebags on the horses, but I doubt it.

Multi-headed Cow

Yep, pretty sure it's a bug. I noticed it too, I specifically checked for the trunk (Wasn't active) when I just had horses and before I got the car working. Remains after you have the car and go back to horsing 'cause fuck using all that gas.

And I dunno about rationing. I had the generator running at 4 gallons a day non-stop since the start of the game and never ran out of fuel. Also never ran out of food, and (Arguably) never ran out of parts since I always had enough to start my next project. Special luxuries though yeah. Everyone wants that damn deodorant.

SniperHF

Arcane
Never had to ration a thing either MHC. I think a lot of people run into was Jaesun did, not exploring a lot between day 6-10 because the game at first seems to train you on being fed locations. So that might make you run low on supplies early.

Sounds like a bug to me. I guess the 'trunk' could also represent saddlebags on the horses, but I doubt it.

This is most definitely a bug or oversight. I can't see the code but I suppose it's possible they didn't even anticipate blocking trunk access when the car isn't on the same map. It's not just when you use horses, but on foot as well.

An interesting problem I ran into earlier today was that on a new day Davis came to me saying the car was busted. So it had to be repaired and that would take 8 hours. However you still can't access the trunk if the car is broken. Problem: All my tactical vests were in the trunk :lol:.
So it seems like the game only understands car=broken or car=/=broken. Because it treats the car repair event later in the game the same as when the game starts before the garage.

Multi-headed Cow

However you still can't access the trunk if the car is broken. Problem: All my tactical vests were in the trunk :lol:.
That shit drove me nuts. Went on a looting run with the car thinking "YEAH, CAR! CAR WILL CARRY MY BURDENS" and then got back to the school and found that the trunk doesn't automatically dump to the school inventory and you can't use the trunk at the school. 'least I couldn't see how, IIRC the trunk button doesn't exist in the school UI and mousing over the car desperately looking for trunk didn't work.

SniperHF

Arcane
That shit drove me nuts. Went on a looting run with the car thinking "YEAH, CAR! CAR WILL CARRY MY BURDENS" and then got back to the school and found that the trunk doesn't automatically dump to the school inventory and you can't use the trunk at the school. 'least I couldn't see how, IIRC the trunk button doesn't exist in the school UI and mousing over the car desperately looking for trunk didn't work.

I always use the hotkey, T. Works at the school.

The game seems to treat the trunk as a container and not like character inventory or even like the storage. It needs to be upgraded by DB to include the select all buttons and have the automatic dumping you mentioned. I ran into the same issue where I found after a few days that I had left 4 data items in the trunk and they didn't get stocked.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I wanted to add that you at least had the 'fear' of being forced to ration, if not having to actually ration anything, but I forgot.:D Think I rationed the food a couple times and also shut off the generator for a day or two here and there. And I'm pretty sure it was just me being overly careful, doubt I would've actually run out of anything. Still, I did have a fear that shit might run out and that was cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom