Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead State Rebalance Plan

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The infection shouldn't be obvious right from the start or otherwise you will ALWAYS reload if you aren't force yourself to an pure ironman mode.
Thank you. Seems like everywhere I go I get a ton of flak for suggesting that save mechanics influence gameplay, and that gameplay can be constructed with save mechanics in mind. Nice to hear from someone who gets it.

Morkar Left

The question is how it's done and how important it is. Infection is a very serious occurrence in this game. Altering %-chances or the %-chance system for skills in Wasteland 2 because of savescumming I would disagree.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The question is how it's done and how important it is. Infection is a very serious occurrence in this game. Altering %-chances or the %-chance system for skills in Wasteland 2 because of savescumming I would disagree.
Yeah, context is key. I think Wasteland 2 screwed up its save system as well, but that's a discussion for another time and place and that ship has sailed anyway.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's also the reason for the proposed two-day remission: so that the player can't immediately save-scum when the little icon pops up. Also, this leads to the dramatic scene of "I think when that zombie came from behind the dumpster and scraped me, something got into my bloodstream!"

I agree here. The infection shouldn't be obvious right from the start or otherwise you will ALWAYS reload if you aren't force yourself to an pure ironman mode.
This is a great suggestion along with the swarming bonus! Are you listening Elhoim?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
All good and seemingly easy to balance suggestions here. A suggestion I'd make is to add mobile zombies to the maps and encounters. Have some of the undead shuffle around. Should make exploring a bit more exciting when the chance of having an undead stumple upon you all that greater. And why not give already explored maps a chance of having new encounters when you visit them again? Suddenly a few looters or a horde of shamblers should brighten re-visiting those almost empty supermarkets all the more fun.

Oh, and I'd love to see them increase the amount of zombies attracted by noise. Especially in the more dangerous areas. Zombie 'lore' is all about being overwhelmed by hordes of the fuckers. Anyway, any news on you guys further balancing this little gem, Elhoim?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
We started working on these things in the new patch we released. Iron Man is in, and in the next update we'll add PC Infection and Harcore Mode (which will add many of the suggestions here like increased damage, food and morale consumption). Swarming bonus is also in, along with crawlers and a few AI improvements. Also, zombies start spawning faster now (25 noise instead of 50), plus the chances increase as the days go by.

Norfleet

I dunno, I think some armor really should be effectively 100% effective, unless you really think you can attack a guy in full plate armor by biting him.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I dunno, I think some armor really should be effectively 100% effective, unless you really think you can attack a guy in full plate armor by biting him.
I should think enough of them could just pull him to pieces.

Norfleet

I should think enough of them could just pull him to pieces.
Pin and immobilize, certainly, but pull to pieces might be a bit hard. Zombies aren't very good at fine manipulation and materials are strongest in tension, so it would be tricky for them to PULL it apart, especially since zombies are not generally capable of strategies more advanced than "dogpile and bite".

Modron

Arcane
Full plate armor isn't power armor anyways plenty of bits are exposed, if you were being swarmed by enough they would just drag you to the ground and one would eventually chew on your tender parts. I mean I guess you could go all troy hurtubise on it... but how many people are prepared for that eventuality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom