Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yup. And silent weapons are the reliable way of avoiding the 1 minute turns..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I disagree with the conclusion, it'd take a lot more than a patch to fix a fundamentally flawed premise.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Given all the controversy, I purchased Dead State: Reanimated and have played it up until Day 32. So far my feelings on it are generally positive.
Because that is when the game starts to fall apart.
You will probably be at your height in a few days, and just remain there for the remaining 40+, not having anything interesting to do as well as running out of new interesting NPC interaction.

Honestly, I can only recommend playing until around day 40, because the game is really fun until then.
After that, quit and lookup the endings on the net.
I did not find the end worth slogging through the latter half of the game.

cruelio

Savant
I disagree with the conclusion, it'd take a lot more than a patch to fix a fundamentally flawed premise.

It's funny to me when it came out and was garbage people were defending it saying "it just needs a patch" and now months and patches later reviews are still coming out pussy footing saying "it just needs a patch."

Onkjae.jpg

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is this game even moddable? I wish they really paid attention to the NPC interactions more. It would've made the end-game less unbearable. The people that live in the Shelter are like statues.

I replayed the game a while ago. It was rather painful going through the Reanimated Patch. I was trying to stay awake waiting for the last days to end. I barely got through it. This game doesn't need a patch. It's just not a very good game.

I finally did get through the Austin Hotel on the hardest difficulty. It was a rather difficult fight. I actually had to use fire and other shit to keep those fuckers away and/or make choke-points. Props to Reanimated Patch for fixing it. When I first went through, I steam-rolled all those mercenaries. Probably the only positive thing. I saw someone mention Fiona. Yup, she was the only character I remember from the entire game. I guess Vic too, but only because he's always on my scavenging team.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
weird how people gather to discuss jsw shit in a game thread instead of the the game but whatever. i was wondering why the science lab's description said i would get to build high tech armor and when i look at the machinist job none of my armors require a science lab. am i missing something?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
since i refunded it the last time i played it because it was shit i saw it in a humble bundle with grim fandango for 3$ so i bought it(mostly for grim fandango and INK)

it's just as shit as it is since the last time i played it, i even left a negative steam review which i never do to let other people know how shit it is, apparently alot of people agree with me aswell

i think it might be more shit then metalheart and that game was really shit

Lhynn

Arcane
Its not a bad game, lack of content compared to the length of the game is its biggest problem.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I haven't finished it, but the end-game events being triggered solely by the calendar day is just dumb. There should be a script checking the events that have occurred so that the player isn't just sleeping for 20 days to trigger the end-game content.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i haven't finished it either, getting to day 12 for the 2nd time might of given me brain cancer

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
shitposter.png
and Joined:Jan 6, 2015

Join forces.

dude you're a 31 year old spic from a third world country with some anime picture in his avatar

go back to drinking dirty water lol, if i need directions to the nearest banana plantation or weeds picked out of my garden for 25 cents an hour i'll let you know

Lhynn

Arcane
What do i even answer to that? you are a hated shitposter with horribad judgement, an ignorant twat that couldnt make a valid argument to save his life.
As for getting bullied in the BGII thread, by whom? when? never had any problem arguing about games i know, especially not IE games.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
What do i even answer to that? you are a hated shitposter with horribad judgement, an ignorant twat that couldnt make a valid argument to save his life.
As for getting bullied in the BGII thread, by whom? when? never had any problem arguing about games i know, especially not IE games.
easy there pablo, you almost hurt my feelings there

if i gave a shit about arguing with monkeys like you i'd bother "making valid arguments" lol

i think the toxoplasma from all the cat shit in your food and water tables are affecting your brain, you seem awful slow even by monkey standards

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't finished it, but the end-game events being triggered solely by the calendar day is just dumb. There should be a script checking the events that have occurred so that the player isn't just sleeping for 20 days to trigger the end-game content.
A simple patch would fix that, if you reach this or that requirement you go to the endgame, if you dont it automatically kicks in on day X

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom