Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

ColCol

Arcane
At the final battle for the plane ending. More thoughts will come. Yet, just have to say, the final plane battle is one those encounter designs that is so bad that it overshadows the entire game. Not sure how different the other final battles are.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
At the final battle for the plane ending. More thoughts will come. Yet, just have to say, the final plane battle is one those encounter designs that is so bad that it overshadows the entire game. Not sure how different the other final battles are.

The bridge is better, IMO.

Atchodas

Augur
Downloading this right now , this better be good :D , gonna start with Hardmode and Infection lol no iron man tho :/

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might not excite most but this small update means the splendid box will be in my hands soon... :thumbsup:

Backer Physical Rewards Update!
Posted by DoubleBear Productions
Hi everyone! We've received a few requests for an update on the status of Kickstarter rewards, so we decided to post something here to keep everyone appraised of our progress.

We've been working with a third party to produce and fulfill our rewards, and they're on track right now for a late July or early August shipment date. Some things are already in production, such as the Splendid box, while others are entering production very soon.

We will be finalizing addresses sometime in the coming month, so please make sure you update your address as soon as possible. There will be an automatic 48-hour advance warning message from Kickstarter when we're about to disallow address changes, so keep an eye out for that too. To change your address on the original survey, go to the Dead State campaign page, find your reward tier, and click on "Your response."

If you are one of the 74 backers with unpaid international shipping fees, we'll be getting in touch very soon by email to tell you how you can pay for these fees.

We're excited to get these awesome rewards to you as soon as we can, so thanks for your patience - the wait will soon be over!

Best wishes,

The DoubleBear Team

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait till you get to the first Coyotes and I'll tell ya about looters and their AI :martini:

Not to mention the next "tier" enemies who can actually one shot you if you're not careful and toss grenades miles away. %&$%&$%&
Didn't meet the next tier enemies you mentioned yet (2 and a half weeks in) but the Coyotes.
What about them? They have the annoying habit to shoot at me on sight, but their AI isn't much better or worse than that of zombies. They are quite tough to beat thanks to their armor, especially in groups. But I manage.

So far the game is really great, my party often barely survives harder encounters (zombies are still no challenge, sometimes someone gets bitten - esp if the RNG trolls me - but so far no infection) and supply is short enough to force me to send my party out there every day instead of just bunkering down and building upgrades. I guess at some point the shelter upgrades will make it a lot easier (still didn't build the recycling one and all the gardens and other food sources except for the well)
The thing I like most is the way the game unlocks new game mechanics one by one and presents me with new allies with new wishes for shelter upgrades. It got a bit boring in the first week but now with 20 allies I'm always busy, always pondering whom to please next and how to diffuse this or that situation between all those drama queens.
:greatjob:

things I like the most:
1. The shelter management as a whole, it's just fun and so far it still feels like I make progress every day but barely make it at the same time, even though with the next couple of upgrades and with horses/cars and the trailblazer perk it might get a lot easier ... but maybe the ever-growing shelter community (I can't say no) will compensate for that.
And keeping up morale is teh hard. :incline:
2. Fights against humans, esp. if the fight attracts zombies and they finish off the k.o.-ed enemies creating a huge army of the dead that I have to kite and chop down one by one. Glorious!

things I wish were better:
1. The dialogue choices in the shelter: There's nearly always one ideal non-douchebag answer, and I don't have the impression that I ever get punished for being such a nice fellow. But then again I don't even try the other options, maybe they work too.
2. A greater variety of zombies (I mean there is variety, but not regarding behavior) would be nice, and so far they are still too easy to dispose of even on hardcore. Bigger groups of zombies and walking patterns instead of them just standing around until aggroed would help a lot too.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

2. A greater variety of zombies (I mean there is variety, but not regarding behavior) would be nice, and so far they are still too easy to dispose of even on hardcore. Bigger groups of zombies and walking patterns instead of them just standing around until aggroed would help a lot too.

I would be happy if there would be a an option/slider in the menu for more zombies to appear to make mobs a bigger threat.

Saduj

Arcane
things I wish were better:
1. The dialogue choices in the shelter: There's nearly always one ideal non-douchebag answer, and I don't have the impression that I ever get punished for being such a nice fellow. But then again I don't even try the other options, maybe they work too.

For the most part, that seems to be the case. But there are definitely certain people with whom being too nice is a bad idea. From what I understand, certain dialogue choices push certain npcs in one direction or another as far as future behavior is concerned. The game assigns a value to your dialogue choices and keeps a running tab. When a certain total is reached, it triggers an event.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yes, there are people who really take it the wrong way when you're being nice to them. It's quite noticeable from their reactions if you bother to read them, but brainlessly clicking on the inoffensive "everybody's mate" options will land you in hot water eventually.

Gozma

Arcane
If you ask Fiona to specialize in helping the scavenging party, she's an amazing combat follower. She has very high survival, ranged, and good AP and perception. However, she'll eventually go apeshit and start murdering people if you're too sweet to her. I twigged to the "correct" dialog to keep her from going nutty without being spoiled despite trying to be an enlightened nice guy most of the time, though.

I think that's the only time you might lose out on significant NPCs by being too pleasant.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stupid question: Is there a way to fill up the car when NOT in the shelter? Like with the gas you looted from some place?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stupid question: Is there a way to fill up the car when NOT in the shelter? Like with the gas you looted from some place?
Totally, that's what it's for. Go to any exit grid and access inventory and you should find a button somewhere to open the trunk and pack stuff in.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Totally, that's what it's for. Go to any exit grid and access inventory and you should find a button somewhere to open the trunk and pack stuff in.
Sorry my english didn't help. I mean put gas in it. Like I went somewhere and have 3 galons left in the car but found 2 more galons. Can I put them in the tank right away or is that only possible in the Shelter?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry my english didn't help. I mean put gas in it. Like I went somewhere and have 3 galons left in the car but found 2 more galons. Can I put them in the tank right away or is that only possible in the Shelter?
Haha, I'm dumb. I think you can only refuel the car at the shelter :(

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now I finally get what noise attracts the undead really means. My party got overwhelmed after carelessly shooting zombies in the Lampasas shelter. First about half a dozen of them rotten bastards spawned a few feet from my party, when I got rid of them the noise level was already at 200 and more and more came rushing forward. After a couple of turns I was out of ammo and then one of them biteys pulled down Vic. That was when I decided to abort the game and replay the whole map (1 hour wasted).
Damn, I think I better pack all the ammo I got before trying that again.
Zombies might be pushovers, but not when they walk in hordes.

Btw, do the reinforcements stop eventually or do they go on forever?

Zombra

Patron
Now I finally get what noise attracts the undead really means. My party got overwhelmed after carelessly shooting zombies in the Lampasas shelter. First about half a dozen of them rotten bastards spawned a few feet from my party, when I got rid of them the noise level was already at 200 and more and more came rushing forward. After a couple of turns I was out of ammo and then one of them biteys pulled down Vic.
Fun read :)

Btw, do the reinforcements stop eventually or do they go on forever?
There is a limit to how many can be on the map at one time, but every time you kill one, another "space" opens up in the queue. If you keep making noise, zeds will continue to spawn forever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
pG6Ve3a.jpg

Z9eqz78.jpg

Bravo, DoubleBear, bravo.

Look at the "lighter than a wooden bat part" then the actual weight values.

I've completed 9 in-game days and 25 locations. Bored now. If this game had a theme song it'd be

I'm going to shelve this and start Wasteland 2. I might not ever come back to it. However, I can honestly say it met my expectations.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Aluminum bat is better than the regular bat in every way (except for a meaninglessly tiny noise difference), but actually has lower stat requirements. DB are just amateurs.

I'm going to shelve this and start Wasteland 2. I might not ever come back to it. However, I can honestly say it met my expectations.

10 hours into WL2 you're gonna wish you were playing day 37 of Dead State instead.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The Aluminum bat is better than the regular bat in every way (except for a meaninglessly tiny noise difference), but actually has lower stat requirements. DB are just amateurs.

Taking the Undead damage modifier into account, the aluminum bat does 2 fewer points of max damage. However it does 3 more minimum and furthermore who gives a damn about a measly two?

Edit: Wait I forgot that the lower strength requirement means it gets an additional +5% compared to the other bat. Welp

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Wasteland: 2 sucked. You'll be disappointed. I was disappointed with Dead State, but Wasteland: 2 was even worse.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Taking the Undead damage modifier into account, the aluminum bat does 2 fewer points of max damage. However it does 3 more minimum and furthermore who gives a damn about a measly two?

Edit: Wait I forgot that the lower strength requirement means it gets an additional +5% compared to the other bat. Welp
Yea, who cares about a measly 7 - 15% increase. That's boring item design, amirite?

Gozma

Arcane
I thought Roguey was complaining about the item description saying the aluminum bat weighs less but then statistically they both weigh two pounds.

I was far more annoyed that they didn't actually use a ping for the aluminum bat because it's a really great sound.

Edit -

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, Excidium Bubbles's (lol I dunno) issue is that the aluminum bat is better in every way and it has a lower strength requirement. Very pseudo-simmy e.g. here are some actual baseball bat weights http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/bats/batw8.html

All they had to do was make the the aluminum bat 1.5 lbs and keep the strength requirement the same because .5 difference is hardly anything.

Yea, who cares about a measly 7 - 15% increase. That's boring item design, amirite?

2 points is a meaningless difference when all zombies have 70 hp. It wouldn't be meaningless in an early D&D-game. Context is important.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
So is the "problem" that aluminum is an upgrade? Or is it that it's not an upgrade? Or is this an elaborate troll to show that the game is actually damn good because this total non-issue is the worst thing you can complain about?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom