Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Dead State Postmortem by Brian Mitsoda

Severian Silk

I don't watch a lot of zombie stuff, so I am still excited about this game! But I don't generally buy games for over $20 and have a lengthy backlog already. In time I will definitely get this!

Perkel

Arcane
The problem with this is it just doesn't give me confidence for their next game. Besides being too small, did they listen to the community?

literally "what ?"

I dropped game halfway because am waiting for ironamn and hardcore mode and like everybody else don't like save anywhere + infinite food system but i played like 20-30 hours and game is absolutely big. After that time i didn't even explore half of map.

EG

Nullified
The problem with this is it just doesn't give me confidence for their next game. Besides being too small, did they listen to the community?

literally "what ?"

I dropped game halfway because am waiting for ironamn and hardcore mode and like everybody else don't like save anywhere + infinite food system but i played like 20-30 hours and game is absolutely big. After that time i didn't even explore half of map.
Small team size impacting production of the game, perhaps?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What kind of toolbag can't play ironman/hardcore on his own? Do we require toggle-able options for that now?

It's quite simple: If you die, start a new game. Only save when you quit the game. Wow, that's so tough!

Ninjerk

Arcane
What kind of toolbag can't play ironman/hardcore on his own? Do we require toggle-able options for that now?

It's quite simple: If you die, start a new game. Only save when you quit the game. Wow, that's so tough!
:butthurt:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Call it whatever you like. If you need or even want a toggle-able ironman option, you might as well be a console gamer.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
For a new company, Dead State was quite a challenge and has definitely shaped the way we structure, advertise, and consider future projects. The budget was the bare minimum needed and the game has thus far sold on the lower end of our projections; it’s difficult to justify making a sequel or another RPG in the near future considering the amount of time and team size needed to produce one that satisfies the expectations of hardcore fans and press.

So many words, when "I fucked up" would have been just perfect.
Also terribly sorry that the internet "just" gave him 330,000$ and almost endless goodwill to complete this project based on shitty technology and incompetent people. What was the fucking point, do these people really still need to learn how to program a game? I thought they were experienced game developers, now he's making it sound like he's some 21 year old full of bright ideas who just made mistakes.

When the doublebear website appeared 5 years ago or so, one couldn't help noticing how lame and unprofessional it was. Not surprising that the game ended up exactly like that.

Somewhat indirect way of announcing their next game won't be an RPG. Hmmm.

Goodbye and Good Riddance

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Guys, I won't lie...

...I like this wayyyyy more than WastedpotentialLand 2.

I was having a lot of fun as well, things started going south for me 20+ hours in when the challenge from base management and encounters started disappearing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom