Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kain30

Cipher
i want to play it on day one, but i´m afraid it´s going to be a bugfest. it´s a little development team, i think that only 10 persons are working on this game

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Postponing physical rewards until after release is def the right thing to do. I know they're not ever going to patch the game that comes with the USB drive. OTOH

Due to our desire to give everyone time to make travel arrangements as well as to ensure our launch party doesn’t conflict with anyone’s holiday plans, we’re postponing the full launch party until the first week of February.
:lol:

If Dead State is received as well as I think/hope it will be, this will be one hilarious launch party.

SniperHF

Arcane
Random thought. Steam sale is going on now and ends Dec 2. Dead State will supposedly release on Dec 4. The sale being over is good, but the post-sale hangover will still hurt. Everyone in the $2.50-$5 mindset and even waiting for the Year end sale.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/239840/announcements/detail/257032658538540655

Secret Bonus Hotfix Patch! (5.5)
27 NOVEMBER - CORGIPEDE
Surprise! We know we said #5 was the absolute last patch before release, but we wanted to push a few hotfixes out for those of you who plan to keep playing Early Access right up ‘til launch day. We tossed in some miscellaneous other fixes and updates while we were at it. Enjoy!

5.5 Changelog:
  • Fixed inter-floor combat issues on levels like the Ballinger Hospital and the Lucky Rabbit Motel.
  • Fixed collision on Ballinger Hospital.
  • Fixed a soft lock that occurred during movement to noise.
  • Fixed a crash caused by moving the medical satchel to another container.
  • Added the City levels. So… that’s kind of a big deal ;)
  • Fixed lots of dialogue, event, script, and level bugs.
  • Improved some weapon & armor textures.
  • Completed additional loot and art polish passes.
  • Made it possible to recruit an ally who was bugged before.
  • Fixed bow trading bug.
  • Tweaked item, weapon, and armor balance.
  • Made death loss conversations happen upon shelter return rather than next morning.
  • Added death loss conversations and death scenes.
  • Added missing player spawns to some levels.
  • Added new loot detection icon.
  • Updated ally portraits.
  • Added a couple missing job board icons.
  • Added proper player car model.
  • Fixed item duplication through group trade interface.
  • Fixed an issue with certain head armor hiding the whole body.
  • Fixed cases of empty special weapons on enemies and in containers.
  • Fixed inability to trade lore items among allies.
  • Fixed cases of non-player allies being unable to trigger certain events and dialogues.
  • Fixed an issue with certain goals triggering repeatedly.
  • And as usual, more stuff that didn't get listed individually :)

For those of you celebrating tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving from the DoubleBear Team!

Multi-headed Cow

So Dead State is released before AoD?

The wonders of funding.
Did DS end up with more money than AoD's preorders? That's... uh... Kind of a shame, given the shape of the two games in early access. DS isn't a complete mess and I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow (Or tonight if there's a midnight release (AND WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE)) but it's certainly no AoD.

Probably gonna fuck with streaming DS too so people can watch me get enraged at single-file hallways and engorged at everyone asking for deodorant. Yase. Yaaaaase.

Ninjerk

Arcane
So Dead State is released before AoD?

The wonders of funding.
Did DS end up with more money than AoD's preorders? That's... uh... Kind of a shame, given the shape of the two games in early access. DS isn't a complete mess and I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow (Or tonight if there's a midnight release (AND WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE)) but it's certainly no AoD.

Probably gonna fuck with streaming DS too so people can watch me get enraged at single-file hallways and engorged at everyone asking for deodorant. Yase. Yaaaaase.
link that shite

kain30

Cipher

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wonder if they sent out any review copies to the press, or if those jerks are going to have to start along with everyone else. Pros and cons for both approaches, considering their lack of marketing muscle.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think they would need to wait with everyone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom