Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Weasel
Ganezzar is coming out end November or mid-December, then they said they would be in the final stage (couple more months)

Ganezzar - no earlier than the end of Nov, possibly mid December. It's different from Teron and Maadoran and requires a lot more work. It's more focused (since the city is under siege when you arrive, so you aren't watching the events to unfold slowly, but dealing with a crisis that already happened), but has a LOT of options and outcomes (which means a LOT of work). Quite often it's confusing even for us to trace all the different paths and script them properly.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What Zorba said. Ganezzar's taking a lot longer than anticipated, so now we're aiming to release it by the end of the year and then take 2-3 months to wrap it up. The towns take a lot of work due to the insane amount of scripting (and Ganezzar has a lot more due to all the accumulated choices - are you Antidas' praetor or Gaelius' ? As Antidas' praetor, did you ruin House Aurelian or not? If you ruined it, then there is no siege and Meru's free to do whatever he wants. Did you destroy Maadoran, by any chance? Etc.), so once it's done and released, we'll be almost there.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release date, eh?

:fuuyeah:
Shadowrun Returns campaigns, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin and The Banner Saga (plus sequels) have all been good. Now this is coming. I don't regret any of my crowd funding pledges.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What Zorba said. Ganezzar's taking a lot longer than anticipated, so now we're aiming to release it by the end of the year and then take 2-3 months to wrap it up. The towns take a lot of work due to the insane amount of scripting (and Ganezzar has a lot more due to all the accumulated choices - are you Antidas' praetor or Gaelius' ? As Antidas' praetor, did you ruin House Aurelian or not? If you ruined it, then there is no siege and Meru's free to do whatever he wants. Did you destroy Maadoran, by any chance? Etc.), so once it's done and released, we'll be almost there.

So first quarter 2015?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Hi everyone, Patch #4 is now live as promised! In case you missed our last announcement, I’ll go ahead and repeat it: we have a final release date for Dead State, and it’s 12/4/14. We hope you’re as excited for the launch as we are :)

For our spooOOooky Halloween patch, we have a lovely mix of tricks and treats, including: an exciting new intro showing the player’s unpleasant welcome to Texas; night combat penalties and fatigue status; a recycling upgrade; adjusted healing mechanics; and lots more. Check out the changelog below for the full list, then get in there and start bashing in undead heads.

Patch #4 Changelog

Added a new intro sequence

What exactly happened to you before you woke up in the Shelter? Time to find out!

Changed night-time behavior:

You no longer lose the game for staying out past midnight. Instead, nighttime combat penalties are applied after 8 p.m.; staying out past midnight causes the fatigue status; and staying out past 3 a.m. now incurs a -50 morale hit, 50% health loss to all members of the party, and kicks you back to the Shelter. If you’re using horses, they become exhausted and unusable for a couple of days, and if you’re using the car, it breaks and you need to repair it again. (In other words, get your butt back to the Shelter before 3 a.m.!)

Added a Recycler Upgrade:

By popular request, you can now build the Recycler Upgrade to break weapons and armor down into parts. This will most likely need balancing work, so make sure to share your feedback with us on the boards and forums.

Adjusted Healing:

Based on feedback from the community, the Infirmary is no longer the only way to recover lost maximum HP. Lost max HP now slowly heals naturally with rest in the Shelter at the rate of 1 per hour. Treatment in the Infirmary still offers a much quicker way to get back on your feet, but it is no longer the only way.

Performed major combat balance pass:

Including armor, weapons, shields, enemies, and enemy chance to crit.

Updated level visuals:

We improved visuals in over 70 levels.

Updated level loot, combat, and events:

A number of levels received combat and loot passes, and we even added some more random events.

Implemented and fixed perk effects:

New perk effects for Animal Magnetism, Pharmacist, and Gardener were added, and some existing bugged perks were fixed.

Updated and added icons, portraits, and models
Added new rare melee weapons and minibosses on multiple maps
Added data items to various enemies:
Note: there’s a known bug with the data system right now that will be resolved in the next patch.
Added ability to obtain cats for the Shelter
Added new Crisis Events
Added ally deaths from antibiotic shortages:
Known issue: camera data isn’t in yet, so consider these WIP for now.
Added mood bonuses and penalties
Changed fence job behavior and text:
Thanks to feedback from the community, we adjusted it so that you can’t build the wood fence until after the chain fence has been repaired. We also changed the text on the stone-reinforced fence job to more correctly reflect the nature of the upgrade.
Fixed, added, and updated dialogues
Added Credits button to options menu
Added wounded status icon
Added better handling of location detection on area map
Added additional infirmary polish: Characters teleport to the infirmary when they’re injured and even lie down in the beds.Adjusted prone AP penalty
Added requirement of rotten fruit to antibiotics manufacturing
Added buff status effects “Aimed” and “Pumped”
Added new faction combat barks
Added new ‘select all’ buttons in the shelter
Adjusted travel speed of horses

There are lots of other smaller tweaks, additions, and improvements that you’ll stumble across as you go, but that should cover most of it :) Watch out for our next patch, which should be equally impressive and satisfy even more popular community requests. From all of us here at DoubleBear, Happy Halloween!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remember when I said 29 months? 29 months.

So is the combat in this thing better or worse than Wasteland 2's beta? Would be pretty funny if it ended up better.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Added a new intro sequence

What exactly happened to you before you woke up in the Shelter? Time to find out!
telling the player that something is coming from the southeast is pretty fucking stupid when the player has no clue or any way of knowing what direction on the map that corresponds to and said map can additionally be freely rotated.... sure it's just a linear corridor, but still...

eremita

Savant
So is this game, like, any good, or like, what?
Like nobody knows yet. It certainly looks promising, but I fear it might end up being a broken mess due to lack of polishing. I'd love to be wrong though, Mitsoda deserves some success after all those years since Bloodlines.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The very early beta I played was a lot of fun. I quit not to ruin the game for myself but am more than confident this game will turn out good. Depends if they actually got the whole faction and npc thing working and have added a shitload of polish by the time it gets out.

It seems that they've added some dialog lines and outcomes. Unfortunately, writing haven't magically gotten any better. New intro sequence isn't tied properly to start of the game, one minute you bash zombie on a head, another - you're in shelter and you don't believe in zombies. Oh well. Changes have introduced new bugs too, especially save-load ones. Game still glitches very often when you overwrite your saves or even load the game without exiting from it first.

Morkar Left

I only played the start / first day to not spoil it for me. It has strong points (base building, group management, survival), but I'm sceptical about the zombies. I was missing a stealth mechanic to avoid a larger zombie group. I have the impression that you will not see a lot of zombies, only some small groups which pop up here and there depending on your noise level.
Another thing that bothered me was that you can't talk with looters. It's instant fight of life and death. This bothers me the most bacause they said they want to focus on the human relationships.

Still, I'm really looking forward to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom