Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #54: The Big Day is Here - Dead State Officially Released!

Morkar Left

Besides having my saves broken and now restored with the fix I can't say I had any bugs so far. Only some glitches which I can really live with.

So far the game is fun and I'm enjoying it. Shit can hit the fan pretty fast in a combat situation which I like and the shelter management seems to be entertaining. Not sure about the relationships, too early to tell anything.

Zafehouse diaries made some things better but because it wasn't an rpg a lot of other things weren't even there to begin with. Of course I would like to have more complex mechanics in the game* (there's always room for improvement) but so far the game is very enjoyable as it is!

I have the steam version but will get the gog version when on sale as an additional bonus for the devs.

*stealth, dealing with random looters, more special items, zombies attacking the school fence / entering the fence, look into windows, general overwatch / delay turn function, more special items like in Zafehouse diaries, people in the shelter walking around being idle/busy. Most importantly looters in the area having better perception seeing and hearing me. It's odd when I can kill two of their guys 5 metres away (shooting) and they don't recognize it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I wonder how much of the missing complexity is due to the engine limitations, we know they are using the AoD engine, and that was tooled for something very different, and much more static at that, than a zombie rpg.

Morkar Left

Do killed people (looters) raise again as zombies? I had such a thing but didn't recognize it before.

kain30

Cipher
yes that happends, the probability is very low however in places with a pharmacy is much higher

Morkar Left

It was in a pharmacy... any reason why it is higher there? 3 out of 3 looters turned. People went for antibiotics because they are already bitten?

That's actually something I'm missing and which was great in Wasteland 2: text descriptions of locations. Would be really useful for providing more information and setting the mood ("this looter had bitemarks on his arm" / "The doorknob of the grocery store is broken" etc.).

EG

Nullified
Do killed people (looters) raise again as zombies? I had such a thing but didn't recognize it before.
Fighting at the campsite, I had all the looters raise while trying to loot the place (not all at once).

Another time, all the raiders near Splendid City Hall came to life simultaneously and killed my party.

It's pretty damn random.

Sort of like noise: Clearing out the apartment complex in Austin, for once zombies could hear more than 3 tiles. Go into the center of the building and suddenly one is running from the other side at me, triggering a bunch of others. Go pack to one of the strip malls, and they don't hear you until you kill them.

Makes it hard to judge things.

Last edited:
This has likely been asked long ago but, the "infection" is not viric right? What are the antibiotics for otherwise?

set

Cipher
There's a pretty awful bug in the lucky bunny motel. Thanks to two bugged out zombies on the map, you can never leave combat once you enter it on this zone. You have to kill all the enemies to finish combat. This area is full of enemies stuck in awkward places, too, so it will take you quite some time to finish it.

I just attacked one of the gang HQs - SO MANY COYOTES holy shit there were easily 8 sledge hammer guys and 8 gunners. There's no feasible way to take this place out in one go without either abusing their total lack of AI (you can trap bikers behind their own fence) or zombie spawning.

EG

Nullified
Lots of spoilers in this one . . .

Awful bug in Austin Outskirts, as well. Managed to get trapped, forever, behind a wondering NPC that just happened to stop in a door way. The only option was to kill her.

Also, there's no way to select an alternative action on the first crisis event (water purification): this requires you keep a store of materials on the off chance something breaks down, in order to get the option to fix it. Otherwise, you're railed into supporting Vic against the Todd, making your focus the security of the base.

Minor nitpick at the 38 hour mark: if I build a watchtower, a week later, Dodgson demands we build a watch tower. Sleep, and he congratulates me on building a watch tower. Same thing happened with the Wooden Fence, and is likely to happen with the workshop, recycler, greenhouse .etc This is also true of locations (go get the sensitive medical kit, go raid the store house, go to the truckstop .etc).

Bows appear to have no downsides: much longer range than any other gun, easy to find/make ammo, almost silent. A great cheat weapon.

Is there any method to deal with ovcercrowding in the shelter?
That said, have had quite a bit of fun with it, particularly as my number of survivors has grown. The dialog is much better when there's conversation after conservation. Makes it much harder to bother trying to poke holes in the system.

I'm at the point now (around 29 days) where zombies are very rarely a threat, but humans still remain a good adversary that threatens to kill my part, despite a cluster of lever-action rifles, particularly if their group is bigger than about 8 and armed with guns. Of course, if you're fighting with a door between you and them, this gets much easier.

tindrli

Arcane
Bros, im havin a problem. in data decrypt section im unable to press "Q" letter. For some reason every time i press Q letter "\" symbol appears and now im stuck at the input screen, cant exit a mini game.. nothing and i just decipherd 15 data items and truly i know that i didnt save before starting to decipher so if i end this crap in task manager im likely to start a day before so its not an option.. can someone help??
oIax91.jpg

Running gaydows 8.1 English and croation keyboard

:rage:

Last edited:

EG

Nullified
The fuck is that.

(Haven't used any of the data items yet, despite Library Guy's insistence on doing work.)

tindrli

Arcane
The fuck is that.

(Haven't used any of the data items yet, despite Library Guy's insistence on doing work.)
me neither.. i found that option by lucky mouse scanning and look now.. crap.. still on a god damn screen.. maybe if i change keyboard layout to english?? does anyone knows how to do it on 8.1

nah.. i just switched keyboard on english and no luck.. FFS

i even tried ASCII type alt+113 and no luck.. seems like its not supported.. shit... does anyone knows any of developers.. maybe they have solution

LOL!!! BROS. I forgot to use A MOUSE!!!! its working and i successfully turned off the damn minigame

Last edited:

EG

Nullified
Found the damn thing. Neat. Didn't expect that . . . Q works fine on my end, though. Just enter it in the input field, press enter, and it seems to get the message.

5 == otter

Seems like a legit password.

tindrli

Arcane
t9ljBO.jpg

bros, currently im dooing a hell of a job here at Noisy Mausoleum but i cant get my team to get on the first floor.. is it even possible???

tindrli

Arcane
how to take them.. i saw that others are blocked but no matter where i click it does not goes up

Your cursor should change when pointing to the stair. maybe there is a zombie upstairs blocking your path?

EG

Nullified
If you find one character second story up, just run around a bit. The rest of them will pop up (assuming you've found the stairs, as Entitled indicates).

tindrli

Arcane
i manage to get up .. strangely the cursor does not change.. i made it coz i found a locked door and ordered them to bash it

EG

Nullified
Welp, rendered down everything that's outright useless to 4 wondering survivors or isn't necessary in a crafting recipe. Got 200 parts . . . enough to build everything that hasn't been yet (half the tree, including the stone fence).

Wonder if there's any other use later on for these bags of cement, tool boxes .etc

tindrli

Arcane
sadly its true.. at this point i didnt encounter any game breaking story BUG but its noticeable from outer space that the game is far from finnish

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yesterday evening, an update was uploaded which caused a critical party issue in the build. We rolled back the build to the previous version. This caused some issues with saves made after the update. Those save games are not broken - we will be issuing a new patch today which will allow you to continue from those saved games.
lulz

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom