Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #46: New gameplay video, beta next week

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

Today's Dead State Kickstarter update is mostly about the game's upcoming second showing at the PAX Prime Indie Megabooth. It does, however, also have some information more relevant to the average gamer. I quote:

We're very excited to announce that DoubleBear Productions will joining the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX Prime again this year, showcasing Dead State alongside 60+ other awesome indie developers!

You can check out our Indie Megabooth page here: Dead State at IMB Take special note of the new gameplay video, too - it's sort of a sneak preview of new content and features coming in the public beta :) We'll have an exciting professional trailer coming soon that we can't wait to show off, too!

If you'll be at PAX and you'd like to check out the demo, buy a Steam code for a friend, or just say hi, you can find us at Booth #29 in the Indie MEGABOOTH, towards the back of the 4th floor exhibitor area. We're conveniently located by an exit aisle on the right so you can make a quick escape in case of sudden apocalypse ;)

Oh, also be sure to check out Annie's panel while you're at PAX: "Be So Good They Can't Ignore You: Tales of Successful Indies" at the Sandworm Theater on Friday, Aug. 29, at 11:30 a.m. Annie will be talking about her experience in the trenches of the industry along with Fryda Wolf, voice actor; Michelle Juett Silva of Ska Studios; Megan Fox of Glass Bottom Games; and Alix Stolzer of Robot Loves Kitty.

But wait, there's more!

I'm happy to say we appear to be on track for releasing public beta next week, barring any unforeseen complications. We've been working double-time to make sure both Dead State's public beta and our booth at PAX would be as awesome as possible, and we're pretty dang excited to show you everything we've done in the last couple of months! Next week is going to be really crazy for us, so forgive us if there's a bit of radio silence in the meantime. I promise the end results will be worth it :)
Here's that "new gameplay video", which was actually uploaded back on June 4th according to YouTube:

Looks pretty interesting. Why'd you hide it for so long, guys?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I happen to still like zombies so this should be awesome but somehow it feels a bit meh; the combat system of AoD is fine, the premise is fine, the inventory is fine, even the final zombie feeding frenzy kill is fine but I don't know...I would like to know more of the actual storyline or relevant NPCs.
I mean if it was some sort of survival horror game with your party looking to survive and the finding out that a local nuclear reactor is about to blow and you have to find a way to stop it, or finding out that the zombie apocalypse is beign caused by a mutant virus gone rogue; just soemthing other than "just survival"

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I happen to still like zombies so this should be awesome but somehow it feels a bit meh; the combat system of AoD is fine, the premise is fine, the inventory is fine, even the final zombie feeding frenzy kill is fine but I don't know...I would like to know more of the actual storyline or relevant NPCs.
I mean if it was some sort of survival horror game with your party looking to survive and the finding out that a local nuclear reactor is about to blow and you have to find a way to stop it, or finding out that the zombie apocalypse is beign caused by a mutant virus gone rogue; just soemthing other than "just survival"

There is something more than just survival that gives the story a definitive ending, plus there is a story progression with different factions.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Those overhead combat icons suck, they look amateurish.
Dialogue UI suck, not even russian shovelware level. Transparent black box, really? You could do better.
Dat throwing animation, man, dat animation. Overall, when every character moves it looks not good, in combat especially. It seems really slow and uninteresting.
Most 3D models and terrain texture still seems to be borrowed from Sterile State or Dead Plastic II: Revenge of Shiny Lego.
1980's B-class action movie music - I chuckled.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just saw this the other day, sound familiar?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/376160080/outbreak-new-day

Outbreak: New Day by Trisen Games

A turn-based strategy RPG where you must build a base, and then gather allies and supplies to survive in a city overrun by zombies.

(It is also on Steam Greenlight)
kickstarter said:
Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 15 hours ago.
greenlight said:
Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.
lol

Baron

Arcane
Dead State is looking beef supreme.

I wasn't sold on earlier videos even though I had liked everything I'd read; about the survival theme, other human enemies, decision making and dialogues.

But this latest video was everything I'd hoped for. Countless objects from the tool shed to smash into the heads' of others, one at a glorious time in turn based combat! Wearing motorbike helmets. Spraying mace! Really like the zombie bite/rape animations.

Time to buy.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom