Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #42: New Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

The latest Dead State Kickstarter update has a bunch of new screenshots of the game's new content that's currently in development, including the character creation GUI.

While we work to finalize the next big update for Dead State’s Early Access, we want to share some screenshots of the many new buildings, props, and levels we’ve been adding to the game. You’ll most likely see at least some of this content alongside a big ol’ truckload of new systems, including character creation, in the upcoming update. Thanks for your patience while we finish polishing up the next update - we hope you’re looking forward to checking out all the improvements and new content we’ve added!

Without further ado, here are some preview shots for you to enjoy.

See the full update for the rest of the screenshots. It's a shame that they're so small, though.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yep, even the bare-bones 7 days is fun to play. I think part of the reason people keep calling the art soulless / lifeless is how light is applied to the generic daytime scenes- something about the color balance is akin to fluorescent lights.

If you played the 7 days, you'd see the graffiti tags on houses giving you clues as to the inhabitant and interior set pieces revealing something about the lives of the people who once lived there. The game isn't lifeless.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
yeah, i like what they did with a lot of the zombie placement, interior design and graffiti. all those little stories that are just hinted at and you are left wondering about on the side without any explicit info in the form of journals or the like. it's pretty neat.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think part of the reason people keep calling the art soulless / lifeless is how light is applied to the generic daytime scenes-

I think the reason is that it has ZERO environmental assets. I could be wrong, though.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Yep. Typical Kickstarter. Incompetent assholes raise money from generous public to fuck over said public and their generosity.

BUT OH, IT'S AN INVESTMENT, NO IT'S A DONATION, NO IT'S A...

Fuck you. I paid for a video game to be made and now you're fucking late.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know, but what are you going to do about it?

I've backed Divinity, Dead State, Pillars, Torment, Wasteland 2 and I can't remember what else. Some of them have been poorly handled, yes. others got way more money than they anticipated which means the scope of the game rose. This should be obvious just by looking at different stretch goals the projects had.

A project needs 100% for funding. It will take 12 months to create.
A project needs 100% for funding. It gets 400% funding. The scope of the project is no longer the same. The game will no take longer to complete.

I'm not trying to make any excuses for the developers. Some of these projects, I feel, should be out now. Dead State being one of those. They didn't manage to pull that off. I am not surprised. I feel like the game has been in development for ages. Therefore, I am not surprised. This does not mean they should be excused.

Some of the other games got so much more than they asked for that I am not surprised they got delayed.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the kickstarter hasn't promised any specific release date other then mentioning a possible release this year in one of the very late updates and before that being rather vague about some possible rel in 2013 or not. the thing is still being made (unlike plenty of kickstarter that died after getting funded) and it's shaping up to be p. much what was promised so far (unlike even more kickstarters *cough*broken age*cough*), so what exactly are they doing to fuck people over or that should be somewhat excused?

Deleted member 7219

Yep. Typical Kickstarter. Incompetent assholes raise money from generous public to fuck over said public and their generosity.

Kickstarter isn't a pre-order, it is a way for kind hearted people to donate to projects that catch their interest.

DoubleBear owe you nothing. If they do end up spending it on booze and hookers, then Kickstarter will investigate, but this is quite clearly not the case. They are a team of less than 10 people wanting to deliver a quality RPG, of course it is going to take a while.

Iron Tower are making an RPG in the same engine and they haven't had that kind of funding.

It is often said by the gutter press like Rock Paper Shotgun, Eurogamer etc that gamers are entitled, and looking at your posts, I find it harder and harder to disagree with them.

I think we need a new tag here: "martyr of entitlement"

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think part of the reason people keep calling the art soulless / lifeless is how light is applied to the generic daytime scenes-

I think the reason is that it has ZERO environmental assets. I could be wrong, though.
More art assets and map variety would definitely help. Seems like DB recognize this though, which is why they focused on it in the update.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Bit of grime on the walls, grass and plants would make a huge difference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom