Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #30: Appearance at PAX Prime

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

If you recall, last month's Kickstarter update for Dead State spoke of an incoming "big announcement". Today's update reveals what the team at DoubleBear was so excited about:

We can finally share a big announcement with everyone – we will be showing Dead State in the Indie Megabooth at PAX Prime this year! If you’re going to be at PAX on any of the four days this year, swing by the Indie Megabooth and come play a demo of Dead State.

We’ve been working hard all summer to add functionality to Dead State’s build and to get our demo ready for PAX. You’ll be able to see both the progress we’ve made and get a look at the WIP demo which showcases the first two days of Dead State. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve been up to. Swing by the booth and meet Annie, Christina, Oscar, or me, and we’ll give you a guided tour of the demo. Being a part of the Indie Megabooth has been a huge goal for us and we’re in good company – there are dozens of indie developers to come see in the booth this year (we will be just as excited to see their work as some of you will be to see Dead State.)

For those who can’t make it to PAX, fear not, as we will make sure that between press and our YouTube channel that you get a good look at the state of Dead State. Indie Megabooth and PAX coverage should start appearing around the end of August. Expect a lot more information about Dead State from now on. We’re really excited to be able to finally show off our progress on Dead State to the gaming community, so please look for us at PAX and keep watching our forums and Kickstarter for the latest info on Dead State!

For more information on the Indie Megabooth, here’s a link to the site:

http://indiemegabooth.com/

Uh, okay. More information is good!

likaq

Arcane
We should send someone as our official representative.
Jeasun maybe?

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Road trip!

Schwarzenegger-Commando-Dead-tired.jpg

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am disappointed. :(

You would think that KS backers would get to try the demo instead this just seems to now be a trend with many KS projects: get the money from backers then proceed to show off to the gaming "press" and market your game just like any other publisher controlled model. I know there was no implicit guarantee that backers would get early access but I just thought they'd show a little more love to those of us who help fund this thing...

Don't know why this bothers me as much as it does but it just seems like almost no news comes from them except a few hints that they have something great to show/ talk about then... BAM! "we've got this great demo to show off but only a very few get to actually see or play it. OK, thanks, goodby."

Ah, maybe I'm just grouchy today.... :rpgcodex:

himmy

Arcane
RPGCodex 2011: Why won't the mainstream media care about our games? :(

RPGCodex 2013: Why does the mainstream media care about our games? :mad:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I am disappointed. :(

You would think that KS backers would get to try the demo instead this just seems to now be a trend with many KS projects: get the money from backers then proceed to show off to the gaming "press" and market your game just like any other publisher controlled model. I know there was no implicit guarantee that backers would get early access but I just thought they'd show a little more love to those of us who help fund this thing...

Don't know why this bothers me as much as it does but it just seems like almost no news comes from them except a few hints that they have something great to show/ talk about then... BAM! "we've got this great demo to show off but only a very few get to actually see or play it. OK, thanks, goodby."

Ah, maybe I'm just grouchy today.... :rpgcodex:

Don't lose your hope too soon ;)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGCodex 2011: Why won't the mainstream media care about our games? :(

RPGCodex 2013: Why does the mainstream media care about our games? :mad:

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that these games are getting press coverage (I want them to spread the gospel and make lot's of capitalist dollars to make more good/ great cRPGs) but just felt here that they have basically ignored backers and now show up with a whole demo that backers can't try.

Don't lose your hope too soon ;)

OK, but maybe a little more information would be nice. Silence in this instance is definitely not golden...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll need my review copy, plane ticket, hotel reservation, and press pass stat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Enjoy your dickwolves and all-women-have-vaginas, DoubleBear.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Barkley 2 and Telepath Tactics will also be there.

Y NO AOD, @Vault Dweller?
I'm too indie for that.

Because VD would need to be seen in public promoting the game
I'm no longer gainfully employed, so I can urinate in public and and do other exciting things.

You quit to take up the gaming thing full time?

I'm glad they're actually trying to market themselves. If the game is any good, I think the zombie craze could push them into self funding their next game. That is of course, if people actually know about the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really enjoy threads with short comments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom