Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dawnguard Preview at Eurogamer, New Screenshots Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Dawnguard; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim expansion Dawnguard has seen new screenshots released at E3, which include a picture of the Vampire Lord skill constellation. Head over to VG24/7 to watch them.

In related Dawnguard news, Eurogamer has put up a preview based on their experience with the E3 demo of the game. Among other things, it describes the abilities a Vampire Lord can have:

A Vampire Lord is different to a vampire in the normal Skyrim game. You shape-shift to become a Vampire Lord, a bit like becoming a Werewolf, and you can Revert Form if and when you like. A Vampire Lord has two arms and two bony wings that have sprouted from its gnarled and twisted back. It's a devilishly cool look. The Vampire Lord is primarily a caster, similar to how the Werewolf primarily uses melee. The Vampire Lord can hover and walk. When hovering, the Vampire Lord uses magical attacks. When walking - a state changed by clicking the left analogue stick - the Vampire lord swipes with its clawed hands. Holding down the left bumper has the Vampire Lord flap its wings and fly-sprint, and the effect can be sustained for a relatively long time. The Vampire Lord can also walk across water by virtue of its hovering.

A Vampire Lord's inherent abilities are Bats, Vampire Sight and Raise Dead. Bats is a teleport ability that has you disappear and pop up meters away in a swarm of bats. Vampire Sight allows you to see things normal eyes couldn't, and Raise Dead does what it says on the tin. In the right hand, a Vampire Lord always wields Drain Life, and using Drain Life and Bite (we're not sure how Bite works) to kill enemies is how you progress in the Vampire Lord perk tree.

The right branch of the Vampire Lord perk tree has Power of the Grave, which grants bonuses to health, magicka and stamina, and Vampire Grip - a fantastic ability that has you drag enemies towards you, drain the life out of them and then toss them away like a piece of rubbish. Further down, there's Summon Gargoyle, which is self-explanatory, and Corpse Curse, which paralyzes foes.

On the left branch of the Vampire Lord perk tree is Detect All Creatures - dwarven automatons included - and Mist Form, which renders you invulnerable while your health, magicka and stamina bars refill. There's also Supernatural Reflexes, which slows the world around you while also speeding you up.

The central Vampire Lord perk branch has Blood Healing and Unearthly Will. The former restores health when you kill with a Bite, and the latter reduces the cost of Night Powers and Blood Magic abilities by 33 per cent. Further down, there's Poison Talons, which adds 20 points of poison damage to melee attacks, and Night Cloak, which surrounds you with a cloud of bats in combat that feed on enemies within melee range.​

According to Eurogamer, the Dawnguard expansion lasts 10 to 20 hours. If true, that's pretty good for a piece of DLC, I guess.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Depends on the cost... which I'm sure will be $30.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was waiting for Akavir invasion or atleast march on Rome Imperial City and they give me the emo faggots Vampires instead? :mad:
And besides how can one be werewolf and vampire... nevermind Beth will find some cheap and easy way to cure them.... So no conslortard would be left behind. I weep manly teers for The Elder Scrolls. :decline:

I was waiting for Akavir invasion or atleast march on Rome Imperial City and they give me the emo faggots Vampires instead? :mad:

Be careful with what you desire.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing Atmora myself. Is not like they can screw up a frozen wasteland that badly. The Akavir on the other hand...

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
have you actually seen the pictures of the vampire lord? thing looks nothing like modern "woe is me" kind of vampire and more like the monstrous vampires of old like schreck/kinski played in the nosferatu movies.

i'm actually looking forward to this. obscure oblivion plane we last heard and seen in battlespire, new transformation with gameplay and according to interviews the new landmasses are integrated into the skyrim worldspace. reminds me alot of bloodmoon for morrowind.

but i will come to regret this, i guess.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
20120606skyrim_dawnguard_e3_11VampireCourt.jpeg

Is this... a folded elder scroll? :hmmm:
No, it's a royal rolling pin.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
It gives you +5 on diplomacy and other speech skills. Good thing if you don't want to play a combat-oriented character.

Ahahaha...
:oops:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
From the source of Mystery to Rolling Pin deluxe.... :point:Game will be Cheesy as hell hey but atleast they'll add Crossbows and Mounted Fighting! After only 7 years since Oblibion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom