Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Game 1
Some uncharacteristic mistakes from deso's orks here. Maybe the latency is to blame?
However, experience wins out in the end.

:3/5:

Game 2
This mirror match is the perfect argument as to why Roxor doesn't want mirror matches to happen. Stormcrow's Marine actually has the advantage multiple times but simply refused to attack the enemy base. This gives deso's chance to hit Tier 2 and deploy better options to finish the game.

:2/5:

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

Game 1 - Orks vs Imperial Guard
Very nervy game by deso's orks. Early push saw them lost a Big Mek that has a teleport ready. Dayyalu's guardsmen confidently defends most situation and hits Tier 2. An ork push later on was only repulsed by a fully garrisoned mechanized command and a basilisk deployment. Despite losing the Basilisk shortly, a replacement was on the way and Orks kept trying to attack while still lacking critical mass. In the end the losses proved too much as Imperial Guardsmen hits Tier 3 and decimated the ork army.

:4/5:

Game 2 - Space Marines vs Chaos Marines
A classic. Solid showing by deso's marine squad in Tier 1.5 saw Dayyalu's Chaos rushing for Tier 2 Defilers with terrible economy. Deso's Tier 1.5 marines would've been decimated by this if it wasn't for his quick response with Skull Probe's vehicle shutdowns. This bought him enough time to hit tier 2 and deploy heavy weapons on his marines to bring the match back to 1-1.

:5/5:

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
What is this, I totally expected to see this tournament to be over by the time I'm back online. Now it's not just not over, I even have a realistic shot at a final placement. Anyways, I'm done wrestling bears in sweden but need 3 more days before I'm back at my computer and able to play games.
Unforeseen circumstances demanded that I leave home 2 days early and there's no way I'm able to play any matches until 6th.
Unfortunately I couldn't get hold of a name in time to play mi final match. But since neither one of us has a shot at reaching finals anymore, nor is it a matchup that many people will be particularly hyped about, I'm fine with conceding the point to him.

:smug:

RK47

Patron

Very, very scrappy game.
Deso's Space Marines were getting slaughtered by Grenade Launchers but weathered the storm long enough to hit tier 2 and deployed Landspeeder support and Grey Knights. But things are still grim with the guardsman constantly pushing forward with heavy bolter turrets on the left side of the map.

Despite the map control, the guardsman spends too much power on turrets in Tier 2, delaying Tier 3 while the Space Marines spared no expense in getting to Tier 3 earlier. The turning point was the Orbital Strike called by a dying Force Commander, wiping out 2/3 of Dayyalu army in one move. The arrival of Sentinels did little to stop the advancing sexual Predator Tanks and deep-struck Ass Terminators. It was a hard match for the marines but they achieved victory in Tier 3.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Awww, the second game was won through sheer economic superiority. Not a good defeat as it seemed from my perspective at first. My fault on a shitty economy. Should have gone Raptor or Marines and not CL, on that I agree. Sheer luck on choosing an effective opening on part of deso (seriously didn't expect that), good pick with Skull probes and launchers.

Also, I don't float as much so your continous "UPGRADE LISTENING POSTS" fall on deaf ears: upgrading is great but I rarely can afford particularly with shitty eco.

Third game I was tired and did some crappy micro on Command Squad and forgetting Commissars. Force Commander survived too long several times, getting out with a sliver of health. Lucky fuck. Pity you didn't notice the use of the garrison for the Heavy Weapon squad, that one amused me.

Also, Turrets saved my ass: IG turrets are cheap and effective while creeping on. First one was a bad mistake in position, if I had placed it juust a little further it would have mauled the first Tac squads. Another example of bad microing.

Well, GG. Deso was at least an opponent worthy of wasting effort on, compared to someone else :lol::lol::lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Game 1
Some uncharacteristic mistakes from deso's orks here. Maybe the latency is to blame?
However, experience wins out in the end.

:3/5:

Game 2
This mirror match is the perfect argument as to why Roxor doesn't want mirror matches to happen. Stormcrow's Marine actually has the advantage multiple times but simply refused to attack the enemy base. This gives deso's chance to hit Tier 2 and deploy better options to finish the game.

:2/5:

It's pretty sad how stormcrow could have won that game if he had attacked after wiping desos army. Instead he decided to stand around the critloc and admire the scenery.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Awww, the second game was won through sheer economic superiority. Not a good defeat as it seemed from my perspective at first. My fault on a shitty economy. Should have gone Raptor or Marines and not CL, on that I agree. Sheer luck on choosing an effective opening on part of deso (seriously didn't expect that), good pick with Skull probes and launchers.

Also, I don't float as much so your continous "UPGRADE LISTENING POSTS" fall on deaf ears: upgrading is great but I rarely can afford particularly with shitty eco.

Third game I was tired and did some crappy micro on Command Squad and forgetting Commissars. Force Commander survived too long several times, getting out with a sliver of health. Lucky fuck. Pity you didn't notice the use of the garrison for the Heavy Weapon squad, that one amused me.

Also, Turrets saved my ass: IG turrets are cheap and effective while creeping on. First one was a bad mistake in position, if I had placed it juust a little further it would have mauled the first Tac squads. Another example of bad microing.

Well, GG. Deso was at least an opponent worthy of wasting effort on, compared to someone else :lol::lol::lol:

Prosciutto_di_Parma_-_affettato2.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm rather curious how a commentary on why lost (bad economy, bad micro, unfortunate opening reply) is an example of "butthurt", but I guess it's another proof of why I should not bother.

Seriously, at least RK47's commentary is spot on.

bad loser detected

Elaborate. I'm curious. Re-read what I wrote and elaborate.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Very, very scrappy game.
Deso's Space Marines were getting slaughtered by Grenade Launchers but weathered the storm long enough to hit tier 2 and deployed Landspeeder support and Grey Knights. But things are still grim with the guardsman constantly pushing forward with heavy bolter turrets on the left side of the map.

Despite the map control, the guardsman spends too much power on turrets in Tier 2, delaying Tier 3 while the Space Marines spared no expense in getting to Tier 3 earlier. The turning point was the Orbital Strike called by a dying Force Commander, wiping out 2/3 of Dayyalu army in one move. The arrival of Sentinels did little to stop the advancing sexual Predator Tanks and deep-struck Ass Terminators. It was a hard match for the marines but they achieved victory in Tier 3.

I recommend watching this game, very exciting.

Beastro

Arcane
Yea, Virgin games are the best.
They made me realize games can be played up to T4, if you continue to focus on decap and recap instead of pressing your advantage.

That applies to everything. There's a nice happy medium when people know enough about something like a game or sport to know what to do, but not nearly enough to master it so they keep making mistakes that keep things lively.

Most boring thing is often masters of something going against one another.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
my only regret was not having more time in game 2 to cannibalise all those cucktists

RK47

Patron
Darth Roxor is lucky that Dayyalu wasn't trying his best on that match.

Dayyālu

Arcane
my only regret was not having more time in game 2 to cannibalise all those cucktists

Should have asked! I'm always up for experimenting.

One has to admire RK47's professionalism, trying to find sense where there is none. Those were very fun and relaxing games to play, for a change. I pity only not having started a merry-go-round with the Chimeras and not having reached 100 kills on the Cultists (Roxor killed just 98!). Should have done the same with Jaedar instead of half-assing a proper opening the GG'ing.

EDIT: Also RK ignored Roxor's pleas in game 2. Boohooo, bad.

Stormcrowfleet , want to play or not? Considering that our entire division was an exercise in futility, I'm up to both play or concede if you prefer. If you want to play, tell me when you are free and we'll organize something.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey, since my concession offer apparently was rejected - a name , how are you available? Can play tomorrow night, thursday night or sat/sun all day.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Sorry. I can mostly play on weekends. Depends if I stay at my parents, because my computer's there. Did you message me over steam?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry. I can mostly play on weekends. Depends if I stay at my parents, because my computer's there. Did you message me over steam?
Some days before my vacation I did. So is the upcoming weekend fine with you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom