Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
c573e7e6700eee84638c73f020c49c7c

The league commissioner approaches the TV screen, having received information from the assistant referees that rules may have been broken.

Let's investigate the source material.

relic00003.jpg

Hmm, player "deso" is constructing what looks to be a boyz hut, but it could just be shoddy space marine buildings. Give me a close up on the field.

relic00004.jpg

Yep, those are orks sure as hell.

neymar-miranda-brazil-var-switzerland-world-cup-2018_1wrawgwiszao71dxp7l24dm59r.jpg

Round 2 between desocupado and Ninjerk is declared null and void and shall have to be repeated with the correct racial picks.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While we're already at the rules lawyering -
5. To prevent spergs being unable to start games due to endless "counterpicking" in lobby, you'll be limited to only 2 races for the entire tournament. 1st race you'll play in your 1st game, 2nd in 2nd game - 3rd game as you see fit (still within the same 2 races). Should this lead to mirror matches, the race orders for one of the players can be changed (because mirror matches are uncool).
I expected to see Ninjerk fielding the IG against Deso's Orks, not the Marines. Or are you free to choose between your races for the first game?
nevermind.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
While we're already at the rules lawyering -
5. To prevent spergs being unable to start games due to endless "counterpicking" in lobby, you'll be limited to only 2 races for the entire tournament. 1st race you'll play in your 1st game, 2nd in 2nd game - 3rd game as you see fit (still within the same 2 races). Should this lead to mirror matches, the race orders for one of the players can be changed (because mirror matches are uncool).
I expected to see Ninjerk fielding the IG against Deso's Orks, not the Marines. Or are you free to choose between your races for the first game?
nevermind.

Trust me, I've raised this question to the commish yesterday.
But he said no one objected to the plan at the start, so why should changes be done now?

:lol: Enjoy the Warp Cup, Братан

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Probably be no problem, but I've had significant connection stability issues last 16 or so hours. Might be fixed now. If I disconnect during my face-off with Snorkack, or don't show up at all, count it as a forfeit.
Thanks mate. But I'd rather lose in a fair match than to receive points through a no-show. If your network issues haven't been resolved by tomorrow, let's just postpone it.

What happened to the rest of the virgins? Our division still hasn't seen first blood :[

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I've had one against deso. I can do matches Thursday-Sunday this week. I've only got my phone right now. I don't think you'll see me square off against the Chad though lol.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I must have played like 15 sparring matches and I'm having fun.

I haven't played a single tourney match, tho. I'm wondering if I can get people to play 2vs2, the quality increase from random pubbies is staggering.

RK47

Patron
lol i will sponsor your team thru patreon if u use (RK47) clan tag

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
I like how so far there has been played one single match in this tournament, yet people are already fantasizing about the next one *.

hello friend , does our date for tonight stand or does your isp still give you troubles?

*: Count me in for S2 ofc.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I like how so far there has been played one single match in this tournament, yet people are already fantasizing about the next one *.

you'd love codex blood bowl leagues

hello friend

Arcane
Snorkack Like I said, problem seems to be fixed, but you never know. Played two games yesterday where there was a disc. I don't know if it was on my end or the other end. I'll be in-game and ready at 2100hrs GMT+1, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Played two games yesterday where there was a disc.

Was it a disconnect in the middle of the match or at start?

Because DC at start seems to be an unsolved/unsolvable netcode bug, we've been getting it often in 2v2.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
holy shit, that dude got gud in no time. GG!

Got drawn in pointless micro battles over and over and started floating like mad in both games. Not happy with my performance. Let's see what I can manage to improve til tomorrow

Dayyālu

Arcane
First game down, Snorkack v hello friend (SM v Eldar) - Moonbase | hello friend victory

Training and devotion!

Oh shit lol

Second game, Snorkack v hello friend (Tau v SoB) - Shrine of Excellion | Snorkack victory

Told ya we should have practiced more Tau. Shit is brutal. Maybe tomorrow morning we can get a practice match or two if you want.

RK47

Patron
Snorkack v hello friend - Game 2

:shredder:
I was like this near the end.

Vd82gXm.jpg

What can I say?
hello friend sisters proved that hard work can be undone by slight inexperience. And Snorkack didn't give up when 3 Battle Sisters Squads arrived at his base with his army decimated.
That loss was hard to take. But you should be proud of taking the match up to that point when barely a week ago you'd be nothing but dust on the ground.
One of the most competitive match so far. Bring on match 3!

5:20 AM - Ex: im really mad sob lost
5:20 AM - Ex: lol
5:20 AM - RK47: me 2
5:20 AM - Ex: could have won easily twice
5:20 AM - RK47: he worked so hard
5:20 AM - RK47: and got so far
5:20 AM - RK47: in the end
5:20 AM - RK47: it doesnt even matter

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom