Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Basic rules:

1. To play you'll need Soulstorm 1.2 at the very least (aka current Steam version). Obviously you'll want more races unlocked than just bolter bitches/dark eldar, though.
2. There will be an actual league structure with playoffs and semis. The ladder will depend on the final player count, but it will most likely be 2 top players from their playoff divisions progressing forward to the (quarter/)semi/finals.
3. "Matches" will be resolved by way of best of 3 games. The player that wins two games against another player wins the match (and gains 1 point for playoffs).
4. You must be able to play at least 1 full match a week. However, keep in mind that Dawn of War is not that much of a time commitment, especially compared to something like Blood Bowl, so a full match will rarely take longer than an hour (although this will depend a lot on the relative skillz of the contestants).
5. To prevent spergs being unable to start games due to endless "counterpicking" in lobby, you'll be limited to only 2 races for the entire tournament. 1st race you'll play in your 1st game, 2nd in 2nd game - 3rd game as you see fit (still within the same 2 races). Should this lead to mirror matches, the race orders for one of the players can be changed (because mirror matches are uncool).
6. First game map will be fixed (as in assigned randomly during league seeding). Second and third game maps will be picked by losers of the previous games.
7. Since many 1v1 maps in DOW are not very cool, the following list of halal gudmaps will apply for the entire tournament:
Battle Marshes, Blood River, Fata Morga, Frazier's Demise, Frostbite River, Meeting of Minds, Moonbase, Quest's Triumph, Shrine of Excellion, Titan's Fall, Tranquility's End
8. Remember to save all game replays so that they may be inspected if accusations of foul play arise.
9. Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with using common sense.
10. To apply, provide the following information:
Steam name - timezone (in GMT format) - First race/Second race (can be changed before tournament start)

List of participants:

Codex Name | Steam Name | Timezone | Races
Darth Roxor - SORRY NOT IN SERVICE - GMT+1 - Chaos/Tau
Snorkack - Benny the Bennybarian - GMT+1 - Space Marines/Tau
Jaedar - Jaedar - GMT+1 - Dark Eldar/Necron
Dayyalu - Dayyalu - GMT+1 - Imperial Guard/Chaos
reject_666_6 - drugs - GMT-4 - Sisters of Battle/Necron
desocupado - deso - GMT-3 - Orks/Space Marines
Ninjerk - Ninjerk - GMT-4 - Imperial Guard/Space Marines
Stormcrowfleet - Leptitbourg - GMT-4 - Space Marines/Sisters of Battle
Quatlo - The Main Man - GMT+1 - Eldar/Imperial Guard
A name - ConjugalVisits - GMT-4 - Orks/Imperial Guard
hello friend - ( ゚_ゝ゚) ☕7 - GMT+1 - Eldar/Sisters of Battle
Brotherman Bill - herostratus - GMT+2 - Imperial Guard/Eldar

Tournament brackets:

dowleague3.png

Maps and matches:

dowleague2.png

Current standings (player + points):

CHAD Division:

Desocupado - 4
Darth Roxor - 4
Dayyalu - 2
Stormcrowfleet - 0
Ninjerk - 1
Jaedar - 4​

Virgin Division:

Snorkack - 2
Reject - 4
Quatlo - 0
A name - 0
Hello friend - 2
Brotherman Bill - 2​

Useful links:

1. The DOW wiki - For all your theorycrafting needs.
2. WH40Kveteran - The channel of our lord and saviour Astrohero, with pr0 replays from which you can steal 1337 strats.
3. Lexicanum - For the deep lores. Duh.

By applying to the Codex Dawn of War Tournament, you hereby agree that your User Name and Racial Preferences shall undergo data processing for the purposes of Kodex Kool Kompetitions, in compliance with the provisions of the EU regulation on data protection. Please be informed that the administrator of your data is Andhaira and you have the right to ask him to inspect or correct any of your data provided herein.

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
4. You must be able to play at least 1 full match a week.
Oops, didn't notice that rule initially. How strict is it? I'm going to live as an outcast in the wilderness, only armed with an axe, a boat and a tent for 10 consecutive days with no internet access and computer whatsoever (end july - early august). Can we postpone/reschedule in that case? Or is it an automatic loss?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyalu - Dayyalu - GMT+1 + Imperial Guard\Undecided

Also, give to the newbs the camera mod link, shit is unplayable without it

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
4. You must be able to play at least 1 full match a week.
Oops, didn't notice that rule initially. How strict is it? I'm going to live as an outcast in the wilderness, only armed with an axe, a boat and a tent for 10 consecutive days with no internet access and computer whatsoever (end july - early august). Can we postpone/reschedule in that case? Or is it an automatic loss?

It's 'k, we'll figure something out once this happens.

I mean FWIW the possibility is that this tourney will be done already by that point :M

Also, give to the newbs the camera mod link, shit is unplayable without it

I dont use no camera mod.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What are the game settings that are considered halal?

Feel free to add me if you're interested in playing a few pre-league friendlies btw.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Leptitbourg - East (GMT-4)* - Space Marine/SOB

* I am always unsure about that system. I live in Montreal in all cases, should be same as eastern USA.

EDIT: Also, I am sorry for whoever will play against me, but I have a horrible working schedule and it might be difficult for me to adapt.

EDIT 2: Added my second RACE choice after some game against computers.

EDIT 3: After having my ass handed over by RK and doing some more game, I changed my second race.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
accursed common harass

general is p. bad and u shud probably never get him tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom