Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Not like this is a huge surprise considering the other hints, but someone collected images from the recent Ork mission that looks very Necron-ish.

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8919/evidence-for-necrons-in-new-ork-footage
I made this image comparing Necron design elements (mostly GW minis, 1 piece of homemade terrain, and also some DOW1 screens) with the design elements of the new tileset/map we saw in the latest Ork gameplay footage from IGN.

http://imgur.com/a/8jVUp

You can see things match up quite closely. Now keep in mind this Ork mission takes place in the "Outer Vaults" (sounds like a place where Necrons would like to hang out). What lurks in the "Inner Vaults" which the Orks are heading to at the end of the mission?

If Necrons have not yet been revealed to the player at this point in the campaign, it would make sense that there are no overt symbols like Necron head statues etc, just more subtle design cues.

There's also a lot of other evidence for Necrons in the game.

• Both previous DoW games have had a secret "big bad" enemy towards the end of the campaign in addition to the standard SM, Orks and Eldar. It was Chaos in DOW1 and Tyranids in DOW2. Orks don't really have the "big bad evil" vibe, and Dark Eldar are more a nuisance than a major threat. That leaves Necrons.

• Before DOW2 came out, Relic kept Tyranids secret until after SM, Orks and Eldar had been revealed. They even cut them out of the cinematic trailer, only showing the full trailer later.

• The story of DOW3 reads "supremacy must be suspended for survival" meaning races must temporarily put aside hostilities in order to survive some greater threat.
  • The story of DOW3 has similarities to the story of Winter Assault: The races all go to an icy planet searching for a powerful weapon (a Titan vs the Spear of Khaine), only to find a greater threat (in Winter Assault it's non-playable Necrons).
  • Just before DOW3 was announced, Relic added the Necron Lord to DOW2 Last Stand, a game which had not received any new content in years.
However on the other hand, Relic has been firm about there being only 3 playable races at launch. If they had a 4th race, why wouldn't they want to advertise that as a selling point? So if Necrons are present, perhaps they are campaign enemies only and not playable at launch (ala Winter Assault).

Credit goes to Doobeedoo

Iludt82.jpg

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
This video and the previous two are a complete disaster, the washed up colors, the heroes jumping around, the shitty sound effects.
Not only they changed all the voice actors, the dialogue is shit. the orks says eldar instead of pointy-eared gits and/or pansees, the new filter for the eldar voices is shit and all the weapons sound weak as fuck. That fucking elevator music.
Base building is such cancer.
:negative:

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I dunno... I looked at the video, and was pleasantly surprised; DOW3 does not look and play like a Spacemarine 2, and that [no slight to Spacemarine] is a godsend in this day and age.

What I saw actually looks and appears to play like a recognizable series title, and that's a rare thing with today's game studios.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess I will be Arring this for the SP campaign and if MP turns out fun and it is still alive in 1 year get it on a deep discount in a Steam sale.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Found a video I have not seen yet. I do not want to over read into just one video, but it looks 1a 2a 3a gameplay. Granted, the opponent/AI put little to no resistance. Ork VA still bothers me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Or from a certain potato site for 185 potato dollars!

because this game will be terrible, mark my words

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom