Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News David Gaider leaves BioWare

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is this an early indication that Bioware is taking steps to improve the quality of it's products?
After fishishing The Witcher 3 he said to himself:
" What is this ? How could i stray from path of good ? I am corrupted ! UnWORTHY ! "
He took his pen broke it on his knee hissing loudly, put on his fedora and looked at the door saying this:
" I will make it right !, GODS, I SWEAR IT ! "
Then he looked at his mailbox and started to type: obsidi...@.. , lar... cdp...

No one heard his voice, no one saw him laughing in silence, staring at his monitor,
only his broken pen lying it its own dark blood.

Guess we need a new short story contest. Premise: What mysterious event spurred Gaider to change his place of employment?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
He is actually one of the better writers from the old school Bioware and has enough pull to be able to kickstart something with his name... Hell an Avellone Gaider RPG story based turn combat game sounds like a match made in hevan! Fargo should sign them up for his Van Buren project

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Maybe he's going to work on New Vegas 2 from Behaviour Interactive/Bethesda Montreal.

Bethesda Montreal opens in December, Gaider leaves in January - plausible, all too plausible.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
He will be joining Obsidian and Bethesda announced that Obsidian will get another chance with Fallout.

I'm curious, what contribution he will be to Fallout (Be it Lore, Design or whatever).

Septaryeth

Augur
I'm not sure why people still say DAII was a badly written game, when it was in fact a fairly well written visual novel, better than almost all the stuff the Japanese write. Unlike Origins, the writing didn't buttress up the RPG systems because there weren't any systems to be boosted.

Maybe he's good as a writer but not a lead writer?

Seriously, that mage/templar confrontations and the obnoxious white haired companion...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
DA2 is a game where most character development happens off-screen during time jumps and where everything the writing tries to set up is instantly destroyed by gameplay - like "You are a poor, oppressed, war refugee trying to keep your family safe and fed... while slaughtering armies of guards, orcs, demons and looting hordes of treasure!" or "Beware of the Templars, for they are hunting mages... except that you can go around town casting meteor swarms and no one gives a fuck".

I dont' buy it's "good writing with bad gameplay", because the writers were the ones who wrote a grimdark war refugee story that becomes a generic power fantasy/dating simulator.

Seriously, fuck DA2. Magic being restricted was a minor plot point in Baldur's Gate II (mostly just to get Irenicus and Imoen to Spellhold) and yet had Cowled Wizards policing you, raping your low-level party with Time-Stop, Finger Death and whatnnot. In DA2 the Templars and hiding your/your sister's mage powers is a key plot point, but you can do whatever you want and no one cares.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Maybe he got into a fight with the BioWare resident anti-white guy :)
This sad little fuck?
ld4N3nV.png

https://twitter.com/manveerheir

Unsurprisingly, he likes 'epic quotes'.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Everybody in corporate denies this, but DA:I was a considerable flop.

And your evidence for this is what exactly?

Check out how EA's stock did since Inquisition was released.

Deleted member 7219

David Gaider is a good writer, he just isn't a good character writer.

fanta

Arcane
There still is good in Gaydar buried beneath the passive-aggressiveness, SJWism and general decline. Prove me right, Dave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom