Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DarkUnderlord vs Menckenstein Official Betting Thread

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ok I got it working, I suppose I can challenge DU now, AU vs AU

rofl at the sniper headbox size in this game, it's enormous

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't know if they are playing games on dedicated servers or not but most servers in AU are hosted in either Adelaide or Sydney. I get ~50 ping to either. DU is closer to Adelaide than I am.

Temaperacl

Erudite
No Add-Free Status day bets accepted? Following my standard MO of gambling on things I know nothing about, I'd be willing to throw in 7305 days on a DarkUnderlord victory.
Nice try...
These have been done, with the following caveats.
[...]
Invalid bets were ignored (betting things not up for betting).

Aww, I'd even gotten ready for it, too:
Ad-Free Status

adfree.png

Ad-free for another
15,712 days until
23rd May 2058

A horse of course

Ed123's bet was an exception as it was accepted to commence the competition, even though we don't actually have a CUCK tag.

Y5ftnXn.png

And now you do.

Infinitron m8

For the record this graphic was made by agentorange because, and I quote, "I'm sick of bitches and whores being able to get away with whatever they like. They're basically asking for it. Men's Rights 2015."

MrMarbles

Cipher
These have been done, with the following caveats.

Cannot into betting = dumbfuck Sulaco shows you how it's done people). Kz3r0, Broseph, Irenaeus, MrMarbles, Icewater, hoodoo

Invalid bets were ignored (betting things not up for betting).

Since no one has asked an obvious question, I'll take the bait: What is the distinction between betting tags you don't have (ie. "not up for betting") and invalid bets ignored for betting other shit "not up for betting"?

If the answer is "at least tags were on the table", then the penalized bets were actually closer to being valid bets than the bets that were ignored. (The tag transference rules themselves grew p fluid. There are some egregious examples of blurred lines, new forms of tag bets and "invalid" tag bets that were ignored, in the interests of not being a stinking rat the relevant users will not be named. Theses errors may also have been a consequence of outsourcing.)

Much more importantly, when will this blatant miscarriage of justice be fixed by an even bloodier coathanger-abortion of justice another round of betting?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Cannot into betting is people who tried but failed. Despite clearly outlined rules and even examples, they still failed. They wanted the bet to be a valid bet but they fucked up.

People who made bets with things not on the table are more strong independent individuals who don't need no man.

You don't fuck with those.

MrMarbles

Cipher
Your argument is completely lamebrained and arbitrary, and it sounds about right

LundB

Mistakes were made.
One's just a fuckup, the other might also be a fuckup but is at worst a fuckup with balls. You have to respect a man's balls. Or a woman's balls because this is the Codex and you know what that means.

Argument is legally sound due to Kodex Legal Kode Secret Statute XVIIc: Proper Respect for Guts, Heart, and Balls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom