Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders Warmaster Edition

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I guess Nordic is gathering their dosh reserves for Darksiders 3 funding proper. Will PC owners get Warmaster Edition for free? Time will tell. :|

http://www.pcinvasion.com/darksiders-edition-4k-added

Nordic Games will be releasing a new updated version of Darksiders on 25 October.

Called the Darksiders Warmaster Edition, the game is being brought up to speed with a slew of enhancements including PC-specific enhancements such as 4k support and other additional video options for PC. All texture resolutions have been doubled, there’s rendering improvements, improved shadow rendering quality, post processing effects and a solid 60FPS is promised.

This enhanced version is being developed by KAIKO who worked on the Xbone version of Darksiders 2.

Citizen

This game just reminded how much mainstream hack&slashes changed in the last decade, mostly by adopting jap-style dodge move with i-frames. I played DS1 on release and always remembered it as being pretty easy combat-wise, but playing it now I'm struggling with some combat encounters on apocalyptic difficulty, even though I'm generally ok at hack&slash like MGR:R or Bayo.

The thing is, there's no i-frames on dodge and you can't dodge/dash through enemies so you really need to rewire your brain to actually leave the attack zone before it goes off and not just mash a dodge button in time for them sweet sweet i-frames. That's a pretty interesting change of pace and it actually took me a few hours to break the habit of timing the dodge and stop playing it as if it was a jap game

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Wow, this is actually a pretty good game, I never knew! A long time ago I had tried the original for a few tens of minutes and then left. I now know why. The somewhat long and quite axed beginning is actually something like a tutorial. But the game doesn't say that! Once Vulgrim is reached, the game blooms into a classic well-done ARPG with secrets, leveling, traversing the architecture, finding items and stuff.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Indeed, Darksiders 1 is criminally underrated. It boogles my mind that they chose to change the formula so much in part two which was pure decline.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Indeed, Darksiders 1 is criminally underrated. It boogles my mind that they chose to change the formula so much in part two which was pure decline.
Part 2 was alright, it was still in the similar genre. Part 3 was the real decline.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Part 2 was alright, it was still in the similar genre. Part 3 was the real decline.
You're right, it just omitted part 3 because it wasn't done by the original studio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom