Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
even though the view is completely irrelevant to its gameplay. it doesn't use first person to select enemies, that is done from a list. it doesn't use first person to in any way influence the gameworld, that is also done via lists. you could play it entirely top-down on the map if encounters didn't force you into first person view. they could just as well pop up over the map. no problem there. still first person?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The perspective is indeed first-person. It in no way defines the game, it's more of a traditional choice, specially considering the name it carries. But alright I concede to you. Call Darkest Dungeons a side-scroller, never has a more misleading term been used to categorize a game.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Art direction reminds me of Dark Spire.

EDIT:
EARLY ACCESS will be available on Steam only.

533596_304100776372925_1970513617_n.jpg

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks like they'll have little trouble getting this funded. Already at around $55k. Hopefully they can hit a few of those stretch goals because they really look good.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fags might as well trash your PC if you can't deal with Steam. GabeN has taken over.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
I just love the name, DARKEST DUNGEON™, I gotta say. The combat animations look good, but is there any discussion of the UI?

Murk

Arcane
Some minor combat stuff, wish we could see a full fight play out but eh.

I feel like the script for the narrator was systematically laced with 'nerd' words like antideluvean and cyclopean.

Murk

Arcane
It's a common word used in the WoD games. I never played any table-top but it still has a pseudo-cocktail effect on me.

Dank - 19

blaze it 4:20 bra

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like they'll have little trouble getting this funded. Already at around $55k. Hopefully they can hit a few of those stretch goals because they really look good.

This works well as a reminder to all potential kickstarting parties:

Don't kickstart a game when you don't have a game yet.

Having a game in some form ready beforehand shows commitment and leaves little for the imagination to embellish.
Not having anything only works in certain cases where the idea is too good for the masses not to back it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
It's a common word used in the WoD games. I never played any table-top but it still has a pseudo-cocktail effect on me.
it sees fairly common usage outside of the emo wod nerdosphere when people want to emphasize just how badly if not outright ridiculously outdated or antiquated something is.
like.. my university's management and general organization is so antediluvian they might as well be using cuneiform on clay tablets (true story).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
In the meantime, has there been any talk of mod support?
game looks like it will be made with adobe air, just like banner saga. don't think it will support mods beyond editing files manually yourself.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guess that's something to clarify when possible. Allowing people to mod their own class/character in might be a good idea.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
game looks like it will be made with adobe air

Wait what?
what what? you didn't notice that it looks like typical stuff made with air/flash/mmf? banner saga was made with air, spirit engine, to which this looks very similar, was made with mmf. if they made it with mmf or air or something similar, it would partially explain the low target for their kickstarter as well as explain why there are so neat looking gameplay vids so early into develeopment (assuming it is actually early in development). stuff like air allows you to prototype quickly and then just dump more assets into your game and flesh it out progressively at the cost of running like crap on older machines.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And backed. Now to push for a Psycho class that loses sanity if he's not fighting or you do anything to keep him alive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom