Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

Hmmm, haven't heard any of those I-wanna-choose-gender-of-class-baaaaw-sexist making news yet. Are the usual suspects ignoring this so far or do we have choice of gender? So far it seems classes are set to one gender.
As it should be. Cook is female. So is Maid. Increase morale and stuffies during camp downtime.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
6. Owning an Xbox

Don't.​

But Steam!

You're not referring to steam, the pc program, are you?

Or do you mean butt steam? Coming from the xbox owner? Because you're butthurt?

I can not accept Steam on my PC.

I refuse to use spyware DRM to play games. As much of a transgression playing it on Xbox is (would play it on PS3 but it plays like shit on it, fuck you Todd), it's preferable to supporting Gaben.

Have you called XBox Customer Support lately? I took over a call from one of my underlings from a mouth breather Xbawks faggot wanting his DLC NAAAAOOOWWWW!!!!!! I remember thinking, "this must be DragoFireheart!".

Paper Sorcerer was made by 1 dude, and I think he had a working prototype. I see no evidence of a working prototype here, and there are at least 7 people involved.
Did you make this comment before or after the video showcasing gameplay was up?

Snozgobler

Educated
Steamworks games can do the same thing.

Quit being a dumbfuck

Only if you log in once every couple of weeks or so.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828937979095845728/

Then again, the Codex will occasionally take it up the ass if they have a game they desperately must play.

Two weeks... Not to put a downer on the conspiracy theories, but my daughter wanted to have a puzzle game I have on steam on her computer, I set up my steam account in offline mode on her computer so she could play it ~january 2013. She still plays it to this day without me having needed to switch Steam to online mode at any point since then.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Steamworks games can do the same thing.

Quit being a dumbfuck

Only if you log in once every couple of weeks or so.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828937979095845728/

Then again, the Codex will occasionally take it up the ass if they have a game they desperately must play.

Two weeks... Not to put a downer on the conspiracy theories, but my daughter wanted to have a puzzle game I have on steam on her computer, I set up my steam account in offline mode on her computer so she could play it ~january 2013. She still plays it to this day without me having needed to switch Steam to online mode at any point since then.

I'd rather not deal with any potential issues.

GOG or go home.

DragoFireheart

This :butthurt: is amusing me.

Not as much as your :retarded: is amusing me.

Ah yes, Metro. Defender of the Gabe and Steam empire.

Tell me, o wise one, why Steam is such a great thing when GOG exists? Isn't supporting steam also supporting bad behavior of Devs? How quickly we have forgotten that Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics were removed from GoG per Bethesduh's request. But go ahead and tell me how wonderful Steam is. I'll admit, selling your soul to the Devil for whatever you want DOES feel pretty good.

EDIT: And what was preventing this group from having the game sold on GoG?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
that's nice. my personal experience with offline mode from two years ago was that steam still connects in the background when put into offline mode and then freaks out after a few weeks of being unable to do so and just blocked access to my games. they might have changed it since then, which i hope, because it really was frigging annoying.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think it's iconic that a thread about a game about paranoia, turns into real paranoia on this forum.

DragoFireheart

I think it's iconic that a thread about a game about paranoia, turns into real paranoia on this forum.

Says the X-CoX sucking faggot.

Gabe fanboys are funny.

Gabe may not be a bad person, but you better hope he dissolves the company when he dies/retires. If Microshit is any indication, the new CEO would happily abuse the data being stored about Steam users.

Gabe fanboys are funny.

Gabe may not be a bad person, but you better hope he dissolves the company when he dies/retires. If Microshit is any indication, the new CEO would happily abuse the data being stored about Steam users.
I am fr from being a Gabe Fanboy. Of course GoG is bes. But steam si better than XCox ewhich hides websites behind a pay-wall.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First sensible thing you've said in this platform fanboy tennis match. Strongly agree that Steam could go south very easily with less benign management.

ZombDraco. Post: 3121464 said:
First sensible thing you've said in this platform fanboy tennis match. Strongly agree that Steam could go south very easily with less benign management.
Hmm... Yeah Drago, Brain fart on my part. Still Present day Steam is better than XCoX. The future can be p. Grim with Gaben gone though.

LivingOne

Savant
$200k Stretch Goal: New Dungeon Unlocked! THE COVE
9fd5bad77d8514d75e2172b4cb959a31_large.jpg

Inspired by the Shadow Over Innsmouth and the crossover of things maritime and ancient: the Cove. Expect a challenging, sickening, and wet dungeon environment filled with blasphemous rituals to aquatic Gods. Your heroes will never look at the ocean the same way again...

8d248cb45834ded7fd29f8f89d1af7d2_large.jpg

You did this to yourself...
  • New environment--all new art and setting!
  • More monsters--hideous fishy things with obsidian eyes, grasping appendages, etc.
  • More curios--mysterious jade carvings, glowing lichens, etc.
  • More treasures--idols of submerged gods, fantastically rare gems, etc.
  • YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN! Your support is making Darkest Dungeon achieve its potential!
Meet the Jester / Watch Chris Draw It!
Last night, Chris drew the Jester wallpaper on the @IndieMegabooth Twitch.tv channel. He was joined by Kepa Auwae of RocketCat Games (@RocketCatGames, Punch Quest, and the upcoming Death Road to Canada and Wayward Souls) and our very own Tyler (Darkest Dungeon designer). It was a spirited 1.5 hrs of conversation about Chris' drawing technique, DD features, and the occasional toddler and cat interlude!

Watch the recorded stream HERE.

And feast your eyes on the finished Jester:

1d4d0af7d38387944f61066d6cf9a1c6_large.jpg

Why so serious?
Plague Doc Meets Beatdown City
Our very own Plague Doctor has been making the rounds! In fact, she's made it over to "Treachery in Beatdown City", where she sliced some fools up, had a quick bite of take-out, and then left her mark so other street thugs will remember this is HER turf. Word to the wise: don't mess with her.

05e61c99ac409e2b913d63fc96c8d57a_large.png

538f40fce34b9a0aa3ee4abf1657d24c_large.png

Treachery in Beatdown City is a really promising game by a fellow Kickstarter indie! Think of it like Double Dragon mixed with turn-based elements. We love cool hybrids, and of course have a soft spot for turn-based strategy!

Go over to the KS campaign and give it some love!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios/posts

Kron

Arcane
ERYFKRAD said:
Hmmm, haven't heard any of those I-wanna-choose-gender-of-class-baaaaw-sexist making news yet. Are the usual suspects ignoring this so far or do we have choice of gender? So far it seems classes are set to one gender.

Well, the original trailer featured both a male bearded cleric (the one that gets killed) and a male fighter with long hair. I personally would go for those; having a female in "dark medieval" moody dungeon feels unconsistent.

Them being in the town cooking food and weaving cloth is, on the other hand, perfectly acceptable.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
[jester pic]
definitely doesn't look like somebody i would want let alone expect to lower stress around my campfire in a dark dungeon....
Yeah ... I was disappointed. I know the game's supposed to be dark, but the jester role is traditionally a reversal of the prevailing idiom, the guy who can say the things no one else dares. A darkity serial killer in a game already filled with grimdark anti-heroes ... eh. A marginally cheerful character would have been way cooler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom