Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

ColCol

Arcane
I'm confused about how party management works. The fact that you are encouraged to leave party members behind if they are having problems makes me think that you can manage a large team or group with active-inactive members. Yet, nothing else really hints at that.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe they are just nerds and not a small studio where you'd even bother with shit like a dedicated concept artist
Fucking raptors!
Well I got burned by Unwritten which asked for a similar amount of money. The least funded project I have actually received a completed game from was FTL, their game was almost done and they got 200k.

*Although, it looks like Xenonauts will deliver with ~150k in funding, but they also were pretty far along in development when they went to kickstarter.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Sigh, why do so many keep falling into the trap of Backer Exclusive classes? Granted, this looks incredibly promising and I want them to succeed, but this really needs to get chiseled into some sort of Unwritten Rule territory.

That's pretty much the only thing making me hesitant to back the project, at least for the time being. I've sent the devs a PM, strongly encouraging them to reconsider this idea.

Behelit

Augur
I'm confused about how party management works. The fact that you are encouraged to leave party members behind if they are having problems makes me think that you can manage a large team or group with active-inactive members. Yet, nothing else really hints at that.
This looks like a really cool idea, but I have to point out they are not asking for enough money

So unless they have another funding source like Logic Artists did or plan to self fund significantly, I won't be pledging.

Paper Sorcerer was made with $13,151.
$75k is plenty...

IIRC that game was a one man project. That eliminates most of the logistic costs for instance.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Paper Sorcerer was made with $13,151.
$75k is plenty...
Paper Sorcerer was made by 1 dude, and I think he had a working prototype. I see no evidence of a working prototype here, and there are at least 7 people involved.

It's all smoke and mirrors, kewl graphics, atmosphere, xtreme voiceover.

Anything positive you think about this game is your imagination filling in the gaps.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Side scrolling combat does look odd
Only if you've never seen a jRPG in your life.

It's all smoke and mirrors, kewl graphics, atmosphere, xtreme voiceover.

Anything positive you think about this game is your imagination filling in the gaps.
So you didn't read the kickstarter page? I mean writing about things and implementing them well are two different things, but there's information about the systems there.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The art style looks very nice and the combat certainly looks like the old school Final Fantasy Active Battle System with and insanity meter too! The KS goal seems a bit low, but this looks more like a indie developed by college students who want to finish the game with some extra income.
I normaly would back this straight away but I am holding on till we get some more information on the game itself; there is a lot that is beign implied but not properly explained (like the revolving door squad system this could use but hasn't been explained so far)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Man, this is a cool idea. Why couldn't this have been a blobber? I'd give a kidney for a game like that.
But it is a blobber.
With sideview JRPG combat? Meh.
What's the bloody difference? That combat could just as easily be first person or top-down. Just wouldn't be as good visually in first person because of the multiple rows.

Side scrolling combat does look odd
Only if you've never seen a jRPG in your life.
I think I'm too young to have experienced that in any mainstream jRPGs.
So you never played Final Fantasy?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom