Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Souls II Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dark Souls 2; From Software; Namco Bandai

Sequel to the 14th best computer RPG of all time according to our recent poll, Dark Souls II is now available for pre-order on Steam, with the release date set to April 25th, more than one month after the PS3/XBox release next week.

10837.jpg

Developed by FROM SOFTWARE, Dark Souls™ II is the highly anticipated sequel to the gruelling 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls. The unique old-school action RPG experience captivated imaginations of gamers worldwide with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward.

Dark Souls II brings the franchise’s renowned obscurity & gripping gameplay innovations to both single and multiplayer experiences.

Join the dark journey and experience overwhelming enemy encounters, diabolical hazards, and the unrelenting challenge that only FROM SOFTWARE can deliver.​

According to Namco Bandai, the PC version will be enhanced compared to the console ones:

PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.​

The price is $49.99/49.99€. Users who pre-order the game will receive some digital goodies, namely 10 early access weapons and shields, the original game soundtrack consisting of "35 tracks to immerse yourself in the gripping world of Dark Souls II", the Official Dark Souls II Artbook in pdf, as well as the Dark Souls II Digital Comic Book written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art by Simon Coleby.

Brb, preordering.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
nghhh. I didn't really like the first one, but I didn't really hate it. I'll wait until I hear if the multiplayer functionality's much improved, I guess. it was great when it worked and, on PC, didn't work most of the time, for me.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
How the fuck can you have "renowned obscurity"? Who wrote that?

Linden

Arcane
Fuck. I enjoyed Dark Souls but its fanbase is the worst. I won't be able to handle the tsunami of memes, sperging and smug lore videos that DS2 will bring. It will break me.

I think I'll just wait until 2017 and play the game then, when the sperglords have moved on to the next highly anticipated gruelling breakout hit with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It will have to wait, I just grabbed my friend's PS3 and ordered Demon Souls

:martini:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can use a 6 year old mid-tier Geforce, but need a high-tier 4 year old or newer Radeon.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fuck. I enjoyed Dark Souls but its fanbase is the worst. I won't be able to handle the tsunami of memes, sperging and smug lore videos that DS2 will bring. It will break me.

I think I'll just wait until 2017 and play the game then, when the sperglords have moved on to the next highly anticipated gruelling breakout hit with incredible challenge and intense emotional reward.

lol git gud casul scrub

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

yeah I was kind of hoping PC players would be in on the ground floor to avoid the stupid shit. learning to play the game with everyone else being new would be great, instead we're going to be 6 weeks behind the curve and hundreds of giantdad 2.0s will immediately hop ship from the consoles and spill their messy memejuice everywhere :(

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
First I need to finish Dark Souls, then and only then, I shall descend like a Onion Knight upon its sequel.

Repressed Homosexual
Pre-purchase Dark Souls™ II for PC today and get the following extra content:

10 early access weapons and shields:

• Black Flamestone Dagger
  • Black Flamestone Parma
  • Yellow Quartz Longsword
  • Yellow Quartz Shield
  • Bound Hand Axe
  • Bound Wooden Shield
  • Homunculus Mace
  • Homunculus Wooden Shield
  • Transgressor's Staff
  • Transgressor's Leather Shield
This is pure BS, to hell with that kind of garbage.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Pre-purchase Dark Souls™ II for PC today and get the following extra content:

10 early access weapons and shields:

• Black Flamestone Dagger
  • Black Flamestone Parma
  • Yellow Quartz Longsword
  • Yellow Quartz Shield
  • Bound Hand Axe
  • Bound Wooden Shield
  • Homunculus Mace
  • Homunculus Wooden Shield
  • Transgressor's Staff
  • Transgressor's Leather Shield
This is pure BS, to hell with that kind of garbage.

The way I understood this, the items are in the game regardless. If you preorder, you "just" have them in your inventory right from the start. Still doesn't change the fact that this is shit though

Johannes

Arcane

yeah I was kind of hoping PC players would be in on the ground floor to avoid the stupid shit. learning to play the game with everyone else being new would be great, instead we're going to be 6 weeks behind the curve and hundreds of giantdad 2.0s will immediately hop ship from the consoles and spill their messy memejuice everywhere :(
What's the issue with the playerbase exactly? I know there's some sort of MP component in the game, but what kind of memes are we talking about here how are they unavoidable

alternatively, you can play the game now and just avoid searching for the game on the internet

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Or you can disable online interactions, beat the game, then join the spergs on NG+. That's my plan at least.

Now, the difficult part is going to be avoiding 6 weeks worth of spoilers. Hopefully PewDiePie won't release a video until the PC version is ready, or else we're fucked because every DayZ/Rust manchild will swarm the servers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom