Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
finished it now and used co op for the nameless king. Is the dlc worth it? I have read its mainly bought for the pvp arena but I dont know if thats true, I am not really interested in pvp.
You consider buying it?

Perkel

Arcane
finished it now and used co op for the nameless king. Is the dlc worth it? I have read its mainly bought for the pvp arena but I dont know if thats true, I am not really interested in pvp.

Frankly wait for 2 DLC and play them both. 1st one is kind of short but it has best boss in all souls games. 2nd one is supposed to be longer.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Should've just waited for the all-encompassing GOTY version, like me. It'll be priced at 2/3rds of the original retail price and include all the DLC.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah but then I'd have known about half the game before ever playing it.

I've even played a few boss fights in DaS3 over at a friends house and I still know jack shit about this game, really. With the constant autistic DaS2 vs X shitposting and sour grapes over Bloodborne, nothing of value gets discussed in Souls threads in /v/ anymore so it has been really easy to avoid spoilers.

praetor

Arcane

wait for the season pass or some kind 2dlc bundle to be discounted. the dlc has one great boss, one shitty boss, okayish area design (most is just meh, with the crow city being above average), some cool weapon loot. but yeah, waaaay too short and not worth 15jewros (maybe half that)

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm just about to start NG++. I have very little bad to say about DS3, but at the same time I admit that I haven't been as obsessed with it as I was with DS1 or DS2. Despite there being some incredibly cool moments, I think the magic and novelty are just wearing off. When playing DS1 and DS2 I made a point of beating every boss solo, but with DS3 I'm mostly just saying, "Fuck it" and using summons. I'm going for the achievements, which is really more of a headache than it's worth as some of the covenants are impossible to level up. The wolf one, for example, depends almost exclusively on not only getting called into another world when some random requirements are met, but also killing someone when you do get called. You have to do that 30 times and I think I've been summoned maybe once in the 5 hours of play that I had the covenant item equiped. The only other option is grinding for the rare covenant drops, but From seems to have made them much harder to get in DS3. But it's my own fault for being an achievement whore I guess (I'm usually not....I only am with DS games which I always 100%).

As to the DLC, I think it's definitely worth playing, it just feels more like an additional area of the game that was cut out more so than an expansion level "event" unto itself like the DS2 DLC was. The only thing that really makes it stand out from the other areas of the game is the epic first boss fight. Also, it's very, very, pretty if you into gawking at level design.

Anyhow, I stopped leveling at 120 and will probably wait to finish NG++ until the DLC is released. I haven't found PVP terribly exciting, though, so I might just start leveling into the stratosphere when I do pick up the game again.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys I have a doubt, I found the pyromancer gear from DS1 and decided to equip it just to try it out and while checking the armor protection it actually showed negatives... is that some sort of glitch? Would that have anything to do with Flynn's Ring?

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Invictus Are you wearing the fire clutch ring?

Cadmus Do you have an SSD? Game ran really well on my old piece of junk until an update fucked everything up. Seems like an SSD thing for me.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yes but the funny thing is I noticed the negatives on the armor vs piercing, crushing etc columns

sullynathan

Arcane
That demon boss looks great, it seems to change depending on who is defeated first. I need to get Souls 3 & Bloodborne DLC to complete my Souls collection.

Vorark

Erudite
Damn, I'm tempted to buy the season pass.

That "Fire Fades" version is just the main game + DLC, right?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Damn, I'm tempted to buy the season pass.

That "Fire Fades" version is just the main game + DLC, right?
It's GOTY.
game_of_the_year_edition.jpg

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Had a long session with my new chars since the GF took Zelda and the Switch to a buisness trip :( decided to take both chars up until Farron's keep (oh and btw Zelda TW has a Faron Wood Spirit) and honestly the combat wasnt my cup of tea but after playing Dark Souls 2 this just feels so right.
DS2 feels really slow as if the delay between my imput and the actions of my char were lagging and I really noticed the difference

While DS & DS3 feel really responsive and the timing is great compared with DS2 where I felt the responsiveness, the targeting system and the multiple enemies make me feel that of I miss a swing or run out of stamina against a group I can get overwhelmed by the multiple enemies that DS2 has

Also, playing as a Pyro vs a Knight felt like night and day, while the Knight is balanced in everything and he does good damage, has good defense and health he ultimately can tank maybe an extra hit and the staggering effect from getting hit with a buttering knife made him ultimately a stamina management mini game; if he ran out of stamina leaving his enemy alive I usually would get stun locked and killed

The pyro on the other hand can be more of a glass canon but that offensive approach seems to work more here, since armor is not upgradable (easily my biggest issue with this game) it ls geared towards getting more damage to the pyro attacks and honestly it felt oh so much more satisfying than my first run with an assassin
All in all I am getting the same great feeling with DS3 that I did with the original where I know well the setup and understand how to move forward and just focus om enjoying the game
Some people say that the first playthrough is the best and whatever but for me the second or third playthroughs where I can plan ahead for my chars and builds is when I get this fantastic feeling

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
as if the delay between my imput and the actions of my char were lagging
DS2 has noticeable input lag, and I played it earlier this week. I thought it was a frame rate thing at first but it was the same at higher framerates.
It is so fucking terrible, you have to be constantly planning ahead each move to compensate and the modified lock on and weapon tracking gets me killed more than the enemies. Places like No Mans it is absolutely terrible when I might target one of the vilkings hiding under the planks and after hitting him the fucking targeting might pull me right after him
I honestly didnt remember it beign that bad but between laggy response and the camera I really found the game frustrating and slow
Bloodbourne feels too fast and hectic but definetly it felt better and more responsive than that slow ass shit
I really wanted to do the Scholar of the First Sin before the next DS3 DLC but now I really dont know if I can handdle it or have the patience...plus the pacing of the games upgrades seem so off and frankly stupid; I get 3 large shards per giant basilisk kill on the cave at the entrance of the undead woods yet I cannot most of my gear because I wasted some of my small shards on different armor and since no enemies drop titanite before the poisoned valley I am struck with a handful of +2 gear ffs

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
So, started up DS 3 again figuring maybe this time I can power through and actually play the DLC.

Got to the swamp area again (aka, barrier 1) and had about 3 PVP incursions. All three times, same pattern -- other guy runs at me and gets smacked 2-3 times. He rolls away, heals, and switches his offhand shield to caestus and begins to spam parry. It's worse than when monscim was broken in DS 2. I just flinch my shield up and they start spamming parry, I backstab them.

Bleh.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I completely forgot about that last DLC for Dark Souls 3.

What's the current weeboo build that rekts everything in PvP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom