Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Not going to watch it. Last time fucktards from Namco spoiled the whole AoA in their "gameplay" trailer. Its last Souls content for a long time so it will be nice going absolutely blind to finally finish the trilogy. Even in comments on fucking facebook people already complained about some ambushes being shown etc. Fuck it.

Its only 6 weeks right? :rage:

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Sometimes I wonder, from a technical/modding/hacking standpoint, how (im)possible is to reintroduce armor reinforcement in the game, combine it with the poise mod, turn off the lights and walk away.

Silva

Arcane
imo lorewise this trailer does a lot.

Angels. Confirms all angelic faith community finds, That chick from trailer earlier is probably Gertrude. Which also confirms a lot about Rosaria, Gwynevre and rest of fuckup family.

Dark Wrights using pyromancy wearing dark sign. This basically confirms everything from ashen hollow video i posted earlier. Dark and pyromancy are connected.

Considering how much lore this DLC will pack my main question is where Gael and Painter Girl are in it.
What the theory on the angels ? Are they some kingseeker Frampt -blessed goons ? I mean, Frampt statues are seen in various places around Lothric in angel wings. And what is Gertrude exactly ?

And is this "Ringed City" tied to Londor somehow ? I see what seems to be corrupted humanities in the trailer. And who is the third sister of Londor ? We have Yuria and Elfriede but no sign of the third one.

About the trailer, I like it. Don't know why but it gives me some strong Dark Souls 1 vibe.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer

Mmm I wouldn't say so. If anything, he's done a pretty good analysis on the Mass Effect series and some of his posts are actually quite good. But simply reading that DS has "trash mobs" as filler on the way to the boss makes it pretty much clear that the guy hasn't even bothered playing at all. Regardless, if you take a look at the comments, that's where the real gems are. People asking for optional story modes for all games, failing to realize that in an age of marketing, target groups and profit maxing this will result in a downgrade of both gameplay and storytelling aspects.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Shield hidden flamethrower wieldding enemies, were have I seen that one before?

OIP-M8d4b873f47f7e6e91ee3297f6cb32806o0.jpg

Bought the game - 85 €

the game started freezing my PC randomly

refunded

fuckin lol

Just ugrade your toaster, the game isn't very taxing and it's well optimazed (I could run it on low - at 30-45 fps - in my 5 year old 500 euros laptop).

Also buy the game at a 3rd party seller, you can save alot money and there's plenty of trust whorthy sites.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/857-buy-key-steam-dark-souls-3/

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Shield hidden flamethrower wieldding enemies, were have I seen that one before?

OIP-M8d4b873f47f7e6e91ee3297f6cb32806o0.jpg

Bought the game - 85 €

the game started freezing my PC randomly

refunded

fuckin lol

Just ugrade your toaster, the game isn't very taxing and it's well optimazed (I could run it on low - at 30-45 fps - in my 5 year old 500 euros laptop).

Also buy the game at a 3rd party seller, you can save alot money and there's plenty of trust whorthy sites.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/857-buy-key-steam-dark-souls-3/
get fucked, the game is bugged and it's a shit port. there's tons of topics on steam about the freezing with no definite solution.
don't need to upgrade shit, my toaster well exceeds the recommended specs

Perkel

Arcane
Caitha is FairLady/OldWitch from DS1 after she managed to shed spider body. Up until last 1/4 i wasn't convinced but it was believable but last 1/4 drove it home.

Cromwell

Arcane
Guys I need help. I started playing this again and now stand before the nameless King. Every Time I try to kill him I get beaten, usually because I lose sight of him and dont see his attacks coming, or I try to keep my distance and cant close it in the short windows were he is landing.

any tipps?

sullynathan

Arcane
Guys I need help. I started playing this again and now stand before the nameless King. Every Time I try to kill him I get beaten, usually because I lose sight of him and dont see his attacks coming, or I try to keep my distance and cant close it in the short windows were he is landing.

any tipps?
Just be patient. Attack after he's finished with a combo, also use that spell that allows you to survive after losing all your health

Cromwell

Arcane
Dont know which spell that should be, I never used any spells. Will try with two handing and just rolling, since shields dont seem to be all that useful against him. now that someone said it lock on could have killed me a few times.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

any tipps?

Nameless King is one of the most difficult bosses in the entire series. I've read it's mildly challenging even for the hardcores. I couldn't even come close to beat him, the first stage is trivial but his non-dragon moves are just insane.

If you're just an average/kashul player don't even bother, you have a snowball-in-hell chance against him. Just summon a sunbro or two, it's challenging even then. An amazing boss.

Cromwell

Arcane

any tipps?

Nameless King is one of the most difficult bosses in the entire series. I've read it's mildly challenging even for the hardcores. I couldn't even come close to beat him, the first stage is trivial but his non-dragon moves are just insane.

If you're just an average/kashul player don't even bother, you have a snowball-in-hell chance against him. Just summon a sunbro or two, it's challenging even then. An amazing boss.

Yeah I am just a casual at such games, but I also didnt notice any summon signs and I fought my way through to him ( I found the game rather easy compared to the first two up until lothric castle) so now I have to at least try a dozen times. Else my rage through consumed gardens and dragon peak was wasted.

Perkel

Arcane
NK and Champion Gundyr are two DS3 bosses idk what is so hard about them.

CG is literally Ludex with few new moves. (that nasty shoulder)
NK first stage is easy as fuck. Just hit dragon head and most of the fight dragon will lie down stunned.
Second stage is just dodge

Now Friede.... that is fucking hard boss. I think easily hardest in all Souls games.

sullynathan

Arcane
NK and Champion Gundyr are two DS3 bosses idk what is so hard about them.
Nameless King is like artorias because they rely on you dodging their attacks and hit hard as hell while having really far jumping attacks.

Champion gundyr is just ridiculous with his attacks.

Cromwell

Arcane
finished it now and used co op for the nameless king. Is the dlc worth it? I have read its mainly bought for the pvp arena but I dont know if thats true, I am not really interested in pvp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom