Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Danganronpa on Steam - V3 released

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so danganronpa 2 just got released yesterday, any of you playing this right now? i just finished the first case and it's definitely alot longer than the first game. prologue + 1st chapter took me 10 hours.

overall and so far 2 is better than 1, but they managed to make hangman's gambit and bullet time battle / panic talk attack 1000 times more annoying

flyingjohn

Arcane
Danganronpa 2 is certainly better and longer then the first regardless of the horrible class trial gameplay present in the series.
And minus recycling a lot plot elements it stand as a good visual novel.
Just wish they used the visual novel setting to actually flesh out characters(most of the characters are walking tropes who get nothing on either backstory or development),i mean when zero escape series does better characterization with less text to work with there is a problem.
As for port vise i am amazed how solid of a port both games are.
As for added bonus Ibuki:
15%2B-%2B1

Martius

Liturgist
Just wish they used the visual novel setting to actually flesh out characters(most of the characters are walking tropes who get nothing on either backstory or development),i mean when zero escape series does better characterization with less text to work with there is a problem.
As for port vise i am amazed how solid of a port both games are.
I guess that is a perk of having Kotaro Uchikoshi on board as writer. So far I enjoyed both series for different reason, Zero Escape is more serious while Danganronpa revels in absurd and is over the top. Hopefully there is also some potential for Zero Time Dilemma on pc since that probably could mean more work for Uchikoshi other crappy anime to pay bills.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Well, they tried with VRL and still most sales came not from Japan. Hopefully Zero Time Dilemma will turn out nicely thanks to that.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Speaking of zero time dilemma the game seems to be made by a studio other then chunsoft,i hope that doesn't turn out to be a big mistake.(the dev called chime doesn't have any game listed on their website)
The animations and focus on more cinematic style kinda worries me.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (ダンガンロンパ3 –The End of 希望ヶ峰学園–) is an upcoming TV anime series scheduled for July 2016, which is being directed by Seiji Kishi at Lerche.

It is not an anime adaptation of any game, but a completely original new story supervised by the series creator Kazutaka Kodaka. The anime is intended to be the conclusion of the "Hope's Peak Academy" storyline within the Danganronpa franchise, as the upcoming New Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Killing will focus on new environment and new characters.
So I did right I didn't played first two. Now I can watch the last as well.

Perkel

Arcane
Soooo what is this about ? Is that 999/VLR quality or just weebo cringe ?

Theswweet

Literate

Think of a more weeaboo/edgy Ace Attorney. It's a very character-based story, and honestly the characters in the first game are shit. The series isn't terrible, but the second game is definitely the better of the two and the only reason I'd actively recommend people to play the series, since the second to last case is fantastic.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Pretty much just weboo cringe.
Ironically both the zero escape and ace attorney series have both better game play and characters(danganronpa characters are walking anime tropes with as little personality as possible)
Watch on youtube if interested,you loose nothing of value for not playing the series.(except a horrible post game grind mode)

Perkel

Arcane
pass then. I played 999 years after release because i though it was weebo cringe but it was fucking awesome and aside from 2-3 characters there was nothing weebo about it and even those character behaved realistically.

VLR on other hand seems to be more targeted toward otaku art wise but writing is fucking great for all characters and i actually liked change of tone. Luna arc was probably the best from VLR. It will be fucking interesting to see "her" part in new game.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finished the first game. Definitely my type of game. Would buy the second one.

Was it revealed if

the world was really destroyed of it was all a lie? I didn't get it from the ending.

Martius

Liturgist
So far its not a lie. Maybe that will be changed in V3 but after anime I doubt that.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Was it revealed if

the world was really destroyed of it was all a lie? I didn't get it from the ending.
Reread it and notice small details.
Monokuma is saying at one point, he can't replenish magazines.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

Was it revealed if

Oh, I remember that, but didn't connect those. Thanks.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Was it revealed if

thats and when he talk about money is when i starting to realize

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Finished the second game.

The ending is very cheesy. Also I didn't like the return of Junko as the main antagonist since she's a pretty annoying and uncharismatic character. The whole "it was a game" thing is of course banal but it explains all the crazy stuff happening in the game.
Aside from that I liked the story and cast of characters. The cases were good too.

Looking forward to V3.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

i played the demo, it's fun.

the demo isn't canon and dont spoil anything, plus you get bonus stuff when you transfer demo save to the real game.

divinity OS 2 and this gonna be my september wallet killer. d1p for both

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom