Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

Nael

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
What movie is it from?

I think it's from a TV show, CSI. And that's Justin Bieber getting checked at the door.

EDIT: Oh. If you were talking about Gosling, that was "King of New York."

Alex

Arcane
DraQ said:
Alex said:
a huge amount of disadvantages, such as being unable to use certain material
Bah. Why, of all disadvantages/advantages, you had to pick one of the few that don't make sense (because hard restrictions tend to be this way)?

Yeah, this is a pretty crappy disadvantage. Not only it doesn't make sense, but since the materials were basically upgrades one from another, it wasn't a really disadvantage too (at least if you didn't pick Daedric).

DraQ said:
Try: You could make a character with reduced magic aptitude in the daylight and phobia of the undead - HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

I don't think I ever picked phobia. What did it do again?

DraQ

Arcane
Alex said:
DraQ said:
Alex said:
a huge amount of disadvantages, such as being unable to use certain material
Bah. Why, of all disadvantages/advantages, you had to pick one of the few that don't make sense (because hard restrictions tend to be this way)?

Yeah, this is a pretty crappy disadvantage. Not only it doesn't make sense, but since the materials were basically upgrades one from another, it wasn't a really disadvantage too (at least if you didn't pick Daedric).

DraQ said:
Try: You could make a character with reduced magic aptitude in the daylight and phobia of the undead - HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

I don't think I ever picked phobia. What did it do again?
I think it generally fudged your rolls when fighting creatures you feared, making the fights much harder.

Topher

Cipher
I just hope that it's stable. I've given up on playing Daggerfall because of the constant glitches.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Topher said:
I just hope that it's stable. I've given up on playing Daggerfall because of the constant glitches.

Can't be any worse than the original.

luciusDXL

Educated
DaggerXL Update

I thought I'd drop in and let you know that there is a new version of DaggerXL. You can read that blog post for all the details, but the jist of it is that most dungeons in Daggerfall are now explorable. There are still issues and unsupported features, such as teleports, but I'll start filling those in starting with version 0.20.

mariog

Educated
Re: DaggerXL Update

luciusDXL said:
I thought I'd drop in and let you know that there is a new version of DaggerXL. You can read that blog post for all the details, but the jist of it is that most dungeons in Daggerfall are now explorable. There are still issues and unsupported features, such as teleports, but I'll start filling those in starting with version 0.20.

Wow, two new versions in two days - this is what I call fast progress.

Oh, and if you finish this and re-implement all the missing features, I'll build a temple in your honour in my garden and start worship you as the new God in the Pantheon of Tamriel.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Re: DaggerXL Update

luciusDXL said:
I also noticed you're resuming work on DarkXL in preparation for the beta soon. You're awesome Lucius :love:

Xi

Arcane
This is looking awesome. Seems like the enhanced artwork is even coming along nicely. This will definitely be a worthwhile play-through once you are finely done.

18210comparison.jpg
18210test.jpg

Is there a collection being made so that all of these enhanced art pieces can be added to the game easily?

luciusDXL

Educated
Nael said:
I have one question: Will there be nudity?
The original art work is used by default, though as people above have demonstrated high quality texture packs and other mods will also be possible. Anyway, none of the original game is being censored. This means where the original had nudity, DaggerXL also has nudity - unless you use the child guard feature (useful if you don't want to see the nudity for some reason).

Nael

Arcane
luciusDXL said:
Nael said:
The original art work is used by default, though as people above have demonstrated high quality texture packs and other mods will also be possible. Anyway, none of the original game is being censored. This means where the original had nudity, DaggerXL also has nudity - unless you use the child guard feature (useful if you don't want to see the nudity for some reason).

You are the motherfuckin man!

:salute:

DraQ

Arcane
Jaesun said:
But is there Male nudity?
luciusDXL said:
Nael said:

Jaesun, :M , stop fapping for a moment and focus.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DraQ said:
Jaesun said:
But is there Male nudity?
luciusDXL said:
Nael said:

Jaesun, :M , stop fapping for a moment and focus.

:oops:

Fine, I'll go back to typing with 2 hands.

MCA
Topher said:

Constant glitches? The most I had back in 1998 were the occasional crashes, once in every 5-10 hours. Nay, the game run pretty good.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
as long as you don't jump too much when you're in dungeon, you should be fine. but the game's mileage may vary. either you struggle like crazy or become overpowered in such a short while.

i really really hate it when my cousin discovered open magic and recall. It ruined the game for us :(

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Luzur said:
Open magic? i just bashed down doors with my Mighty Foot.

and Recall is kinda essential.

Open = Freebie from stores.

I just can't resist doing it in middle of night.

Also paper doll browsing during day time - so wrong!

"Capes don't do anything ...but.."

"The black one looks nice!"

"Wait we can combine the fur cape and a cloak too! Holy shit. This is cool!"

"Wow this Khajitt ninja suit looks cool!"

mondblut

Arcane
Why do you lie? There was no black cloaks and capes in DF. Half the DF forums back in early 97 were crying over that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom