Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic Daedalic recommendations

What to play?

• Anna's Quest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Memoria

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • The Night Of The Rabbit

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • These all suck, play something else (kc)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
So I recently played through all the Deponia and Whispered World games. Didn't care much for Silence, but the others were good.
However, I bought them all in some bundle or another and ended up with a bunch of extra Daedalic games that I don't know much about.
Are any of these worth playing?
  • Anna's Quest
  • Candle
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
  • Memoria
  • The Night Of The Rabbit
edit:
Finished all of them, they're all pretty gud.
Liked Memoria and Harvey's New Eyes the best, after playing their predecessors which were also pretty good but not quite as good.

Last edited:

Maxie

Memoria's easily the best one out of these, a real honest to God good adventure game which you will remember for years

play Chains of Satinav first, though

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I haven't played Candle yet, but I would recommend all the 4 other games.
And yes, you must play Chains of Satinav before Memoria.
(Harvey's New Eyes is the sequel to Edna & Harvey : The Breakout, which I would recommend too, but in that case I don't think it's that much of an issue to play the second episode first.)

Boleskine

Arcane
Memoria, The Night of the Rabbit, and Anna's Quest are all very good. Harvey's New Eyes is also pretty good but not as challenging as puzzles in other games like Deponia or The Whispered World.

They're all worth playing.

pippin

Play the Breakout, Harvey's New Eyes, Chains of Satinav and Memoria, in that order.
Breakout is radically different from any other Daedalic game, though. It was Poki's college project and it has verbs instead of regular pnc controls. This leads to some curious and hilarious interactions which are sometimes missing from the rest of their games.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And yes, you must play Chains of Satinav before Memoria.

Nope. I played Memoria before Chains, didn't feel like I lost much of the plot. Still, Chains are good enough themselves that might as well play them too.

Apart from that - Harvey's New Eyes is also very gud. Haven't played the other three.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
From the options you've mentioned I would go Memoria (Chains of Satinav first) > Edna & Harvey (The Breakout first) > Night of the Rabbit > Anna's Quest.

Haven't played Candle so I can't comment on that.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Alright. Bought Chains of Satinav, put that next on the to-play list, then Memoria after. Also put The Breakout on my wishlist, waiting for a sale. Summer sale coming up and all that.
Thanks a bunch guys.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nope. I played Memoria before Chains

:what:
Eh, it's not like the plot of Chains informs much of the happenings in Memoria, which is mostly flashbacks to a completely different MC, with the MC from Chains being relegated to a framing device. You get all the info you need (went on an adventure to save the town that nobody knows about, his friend is now stuck in a bird body) at the beginning and nothing else influences the story in any way.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Chain of satinav are great, deponia are good too, anna's quest are pretty good. I never really get night of the rabbit feels, but it is decent

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
deponia is good especially the second. 1 is good, 3 is ok, 4 was kinda meh, but still a decent game. plus the whole series trigger SJWs which is a good point.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
2 > 1 >> 4 >>> 3 IMO.

your impression of 3 might be different depending on how german you are however

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom