Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D:OS 2 - what do attributes do?

John Keel

Savant
Haha, yeah, but then again, Lonewolf is Godmod soooo ..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cadmus

Arcane
How does Lucky Charm work? Do I need to use the Lucky Charm char to loot everything or is it shared among the party?
How does stealing work? I steal something from an NPC and they always come to my party and ask to search my inventory. How to avoid this? And then if I don't let them search they start a fight. I have to steal and throw stuff on the ground quickly...?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I loot everything with my Lucky Charm Dude. Special loot (mostly epics) comes pretty much in same intervals. So i assume there is some kind of chance and counter involved - because it is pretty reliable (as in every 8-10 lootables).

For stealing - if you cannot do it properly, maybe you lack the criminal energy :lol:

Seriously - just talk to all witnesses with other characters and steal from "in talk" NPC with you thief. Then run away with stolen shit, duh! End the dialog and let the NPC search your other party members and play dumb... Still - don't have stolen stuff on you - no matter where stolen, or NPC will demand atleast a bribe. NPCs will calm down and stop searching their shit.
Erm stealing woked best for me with skills - just learnt them, potions - mix with your own (LARP), gold. Other shit is hard to keep track of, i sell it.

Murk

Arcane
^ That works in most cases, though there are rare instances where the guy just goes ape-shit on you anyway.

For Reiker (riker? the elf in the cemetary) I looted some stuff from his desk (documents/journal thing), read it, and put it back in his desk. He then accosts me, inspects it and doesn't find anything, then attacks "because you look shady" anyway. Not that I minded since the stuff I read basically told me he was working against me in the first place, and so I planned to kill him anyhow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom