Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&DNext Art Thread

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
DEV_11-07_FemaleHalfling.jpg

DEV_11-07_MaleHalfling.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dreye/20121107

Halfling art revealed! Looks like they did away with the huge hairy feet...

catfood

AGAIN
:what:

The second one simply screams PIXAR right in your face. Maybe if Pixar's art design was any good I'd understand but it's not. Horrid. Terrible. Vomitive. Ugh.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Filthy hobbitses. We hates them all!

At least they've gotten over the 4E "EVERYONE MUST HAVE BUCKLES AND DOODADS AND FLAPPY BITZ EVERYWHERE!" spam that made images extremely noisy.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Why don't they just go the rest of the way and call them Kender? The rights to dragonlance reverted back to wotc a couple of years ago, so they can easily do it. And to be honest, Kender always seemed more fun than halflings. (except tasslehoff...he needed to be gangraped by deathknights)

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
And to be honest, Kender always seemed more fun than halflings.
Fuck off Andhaira and never return. Kender are a lol so rundumb blight upon gaming. Way worse than fish Malks.

At least they have an identity. Halflings do not. They are simply renamed Hobbits. (so are kender in a way, but at least some thought has gone into making them different)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mother Russia
And in the process they managed to make them even shittier than the bland ersatz they are in the core. Good job.

felipepepe
They have not so far, but there are some rumours circulating that they intend to buy Hasbro.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
First one looks ok, though. But if you just showed it to me I'd probably say it's a gnome.

But I don't understand. They don't want to make them exactly like hobbits, but them they make them look like hobbits and have a culture similar to hobbits? Wut?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bottom ones look like those cretins from Oblivion.
So the idea is to change art from anime to western animation? :?

deuxhero

Arcane
The first one is awful. Dat neck

Second is acceptable. It needs an object to communicate scale though. I can't tell if the left is supposed to be a human or an older Halfling (the proportions say human, but the face says Halfling. I think it may even potentially be a half orc).

Wow. Did Disney also bought Wizards of the Coast while I wasn't looking?

Actually, analyst think Hasbro is the next potential acquisition by them. I think it was something about A: shoring up Disney's weakness in the young boy market B: Making your shitload of toys in house will reduce costs drastically in the long term

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't get why people are complaining. That art is cool and actually some genuinely original fantasy art. We've been used to FIST-BIGGER-THAN-HEAD WoW art style for so long now I welcome any change. For every point where Pathfinder is great, its art style was the most shitty in any D&D iteration yet.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't see what's original about it.

Anyway, the reason people don't like it is because it looks too cartoony, the art in an RPG book is supposed to pass the general tone and aesthetics of the setting, and I don't know about ya but most people don't imagine the FR as a Pixar movie.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't see what's original about it.

I don't see what's not original about it.

AWW YEAH, I GOT THE ONE-LINERS LIKE EXCIDIUM

EDIT: That post. You choose that post to actually edit in more than one line to your argument, making me look like a jackass. Really, Excidium?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom