Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Does this new release completely fix the entire game?

Of course, buggy games can't get on Steam.

Psquit

Arcane
I was playing tomb raider and its shit... Cutscenes everywhere, popamole combat, horrible puzzles... The whole survivor thing is bullshit, you hunt animales for xp and of course the glorious health regen...
exploring is also fucking boring.

Psquit

Arcane
wow. Sorry wrong thread lol.

Soo inquisitor is worth playing or do i skip it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
BREAKING NEWS!:D
Inquisitor to be realesed on Steam in two hours. Mentioned in a now live podcast.
:thumbsup:
When, there is a version of Inquisitor where the same plot isn't copied and pasted three times in the same game and the combat system doesn't suck, I would care .

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Combat in that game is probably the most tedious combat I've ever had to play.
It's not challenging, it's more like "okay, you beat that ork. Now have 10 of them. With 10x as much health each. And fireballs."
I spent almost all my money in that game for potions alone. And I still had to walk all the way back to the store after fighting through one dungeon level.
And there are many, many dungeon levels. and you always have to walk the entire way back and return to the dungeon. Except if you find a teleport.. djinn.. or scroll, I can't remember. I chose to forget as much of this game as possible, I was just too disappointed (as it does have some promising moments).

Mirthless

Educated
wow. Sorry wrong thread lol.

Soo inquisitor is worth playing or do i skip it.
Skip it.

But if you play it for the love of god buy tons of seals or go thief.
Locked dungeon door one after another without enemies inbetween nevar 4get.

Terpsichore

Arcane
I got bored of the "clear a dungeon floor and go back to town to fill the inventory with potions again" mechanic and stopped playing.

Revenant

I got bored of the "clear a dungeon floor and go back to town to fill the inventory with potions again" mechanic and stopped playing.
That's exactly the late gameplay of Diablo with the Warrior :lol: Except that the inventory full of potions was enough to defeat a few bands of enemies, not the whole level by far. That's why I have only beaten Diablo with a Sorcerer.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's exactly the late gameplay of Diablo with the Warrior :lol: Except that the inventory full of potions was enough to defeat a few bands of enemies, not the whole level by far. That's why I have only beaten Diablo with a Sorcerer.
Except that you had Town Portals in Diablo. In Inquisitor, you have Spend 20 Minutes Walking Back To Town.

The real issue in Inquisitor's combat is that enemies all run as fast or faster than you, almost all of them are melee, and they're all capable of stunlocking you. HP bloat you'd think would be a problem, but it really isn't as much as you'd think - individual enemies go down fairly easily because they have no real AI to speak of, it's the huge mobs you have to fight that literally constantly drain your health faster than your potions can heal it that are the problem. The game literally devolves into an HP in vs. HP out equation, and mid-game and onwards there are literally no potions available that are capable of healing the damage enemies can do.

There are other really obvious and stupid mechanics/systems design problems too - like spells that allow priests to literally instakill every enemy on the screen, while the warrior has absolutely no equipment scaling past act 1 of the game so just gets weaker and weaker to the point where the game is near-impossible to finish using that class. I even cheated myself to level 100 as a warrior, maxed all my skills and attributes to numbers 3x higher than are possible to normally get. The game was still really fucking hard to the point of being unplayable.

And if you think the orcs are bad, oh man, you haven't seen anything yet - try those ghosts that can kill you in literally less than 1 second by spamming lightning magic at you, even with high resistances, and who take about 20 seconds each to kill in melee. I literally do not know what the fuck the developers were thinking in designing this game. It's like it was never even playtested once.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Is there a godmode or something?

I didn't have any real issues since I played as a thief and just shot stuff with my bow/stabbed them with my spear while the mercenaries took hits and chugged pots but it was still extremely aggravating.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Agree with @sea game is unplayable as Paladin of the Order; Which is fricking travesty cause graphics are very distinct 2D and setting is most original and done in Mature and Grim Dark way.

Played through it as Paladin on normal level.
Lure hard enemies out of their group, buy enough potions, learn the right spells to survive dungeons, use party members.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom