Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Ringhausen

Augur
It's a believable world at first as it makes some sense for the orc and lizard caves to be that long, but they throw believability out of the window later on. And the combat isn't sharp, fast, thrilling like Diablo. It's pointless busy work most of the time which occasionally gets spastic. The fact that you can issue commands, have a wide variety of useful spells and buffs make it more than a diablo clone but it still sucks. I didn't experience huge balancing issues with a priest except the stamina and mana loss early on and still enjoyed act 1-2 with all the flaws.

EDIT: Also another thing I want to bitch about is the pointless dialogue. You get to ask almost every NPC what they think about the crisis, have they heard anything about the upcoming war and general stories and rumors. This could've been a fun feature with every person giving his own version of the story, a wildly different version of a rumor and speculating about who they're going to war with, but nooo. It's the same shit over and over again. They've heard that war is coming but with whom? - every god damn npc says the exact same thing with minor variations. I shudder to think how much it cost to translate all this pointless crap.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Combat is indeed balanced for priests as he can use Paladins and dog as baits and then boof/heal them and fire later on his magic art. For Paladin it is work like in factory, kill the trash mob... doge the wizards spells and gob the stamina and health potions like crazy... rense and repeat throu 3-6 levels of dungeons.... with gear so shitty it breaks after each group of moles you whack and all unigue gear with cool descriptions turning to be shit. Where're the special attacks? Sweeps with 2 hander Sword or shield bashing or impaling the moles on spears? Game which makes my inner Storyfag :bounce: and my combatfag :flamesaw:a perfect :troll:.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I don't know what you're complaining about, I've got a paladin and never even had to pause. There are two special 'attacks', Divine Strike n' shit. You could try skilling them up...
Unique gear is pretty good if you re-roll for it, it seems to have more modifiers than other magic items.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gave them my jewgold so have right to bitch and moan.... rerolling unique gear means often replaying entire level for things found in chests and Boss Fights. Besides it is silly to find magical sword famous for being Flaming with some shity desease + 10 resistance... also being disoriented makes your mouse cursor quaking you still can gob potions but it takes more of your time... what next Monitor exploding when PC hit by lightning? :roll:

flabbyjack

Arcane
:hmmm: At least this 'Inquisitor' item all the NPCs have been talking about is going to rock, right? Maybe then these peasants will wise up and let me start trampling on their precious civil rights?!?!

On another note, I find the NPC intrigue pretty obvious! Their guilt is written all over their faces. Infidels be trying to frame the faithful n' shit. Not up in Convictus' house they ain't! Yes, my paladin has been ironically named Convictus, it's Latin-sounding so he's probably a heretic. The big twist at the end is that <PLAYER CHARACTER NAME> was the head vampire all along.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Finished the game and the GameBanshee review. Suffice to say, I was not especially kind to the game and act 3 especially tore at the very last vestiges of my sanity. Fucking Werewolf Lords, how do they die?

Also, I maxed out Divine Strike. As far as I can tell it does absolutely fucking nothing. I didn't notice a single damage boost using it throughout the game. Wish I'd have played a priest, at least then I could use different spells to reduce tedium slightly.

Welp, time to start writing the walkthrough. :troll:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm kinda stuck in the second level of the Iron Mines. Is there something obvious I'm missing? The bridge collapsed and I don't see any other way to progress.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm kinda stuck in the second level of the Iron Mines. Is there something obvious I'm missing? The bridge collapsed and I don't see any other way to progress.

Either use Levitation spell or look for a secret passage in north-western part of the mines (turn East a little bit).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Perception skill is vital for finding stuff and surviving traps.

ZorgNeo

Novice
I'm a bit stuck in ACT 3. Made a lot of progress, solved the king's murder, burned a lot of people (who were 100% guilty), but don't know what to do next. The western tomb in the Royal Cemetery is puzzling me.The secret room with 3 switches is doing nothing. Been flipping them all and still can't open 2 parts of the dungeon. And in that same cemetery in the middle church there is Cursed Joan, is there a way to help him or something? Didn't find a quest for him yet. And above that church there is a locked one with 4 fountains around it. Is this a puzzle to open the church? Been clicking them in different order to no avail.
Oh and I chose to help the wounded werewolf, but where do i get a Potion of Life for him? Haven't seen that one. Only potions of healing.
Any help greatly appreciated.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Has anyone figured out a god mode cheat that lets you skip all the shit combat and at least enjoy the story stuff?

Marsal

Arcane
I'll join the party here. I "took a break" in ACT 3. I'll get back to it eventually. If I managed to finish Lionheart, I'll finish this one too! I'm no quitter, god damnit! :mad:

Marsal

Arcane
I'll join the party here. I "took a break" in ACT 3. I'll get back to it eventually. If I managed to finish Lionheart, I'll finish this one too! I'm no quitter, god damnit! :mad:

You...... ACTUALLY finished Lionheart? :lol:

3Fjij.jpg

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
Lionheart is nothing compared to this one, pure mindless endless combat, i also finished Lionheart and managed to get to act 2 in Inquisitor almost to act 3 before i uninstalled it.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
JarlFrank

Click along the walls ... there's a hidden stone-door...

Commissar Draco

Patron
Left Lionheart after meeting UKwanian Templar, my disc died, lost all saves and had no stamina to replay it... but IRC it had better combat than Inquisitor. Quited in the kill all Paladin bros in fortress turned into Dungeon for NO REASON mission... it was Oblivious experience. :retarded:

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
BREAKING NEWS!:D
Inquisitor to be realesed on Steam in two hours. Mentioned in a now live podcast.
:thumbsup:

Revenant

As if anyone cares about a mediocre game being released on a shitty popamole delivery system

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
BREAKING NEWS!:D
Inquisitor to be realesed on Steam in two hours. Mentioned in a now live podcast.
:thumbsup:
Does this new release completely fix the entire game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom