Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I am stuck. Where to find enough evidence to accuse

Lady Yulliette Hedrick. I have a testimony of Raimond and the gravedigger. The thief also saw "some woman" kill the bishop but my char cannot connect these facts. There's also the shred of cloak in my inventory. Still, no evidence whatsoever.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Lady Yulliette Hedrick. I have a testimony of Raimond and the gravedigger. The thief also saw "some woman" kill the bishop but my char cannot connect these facts. There's also the shred of cloak in my inventory. Still, no evidence whatsoever.

Cloak points towards her Husband.... How did you nailed Raymond? I get testimony from executioner but it is too little.

Mrowak

Arcane

Cloak points towards her Husband.... How did you nailed Raymond? I get testimony from executioner but it is too little.

You must exorcise that girl in the jail - she will point at him. He will tell you about the Duchess... but that's still not enough.

Ringhausen

Augur
Mrowak iirc you also need a second testimony
the paladin who lost his necklace, it's beneath the execution site

Mrowak

Arcane
Mrowak iirc you also need a second testimony
the paladin who lost his necklace, it's beneath the execution site

But he won't tell me anything, and I can't accuse him either. Any tips? I've got testimony and that necklace against him.

EDIT: Ok, it was some weird bug in the game. I couldn't accuse him once I gave him the chain back - I had to leave the area first and then return.

LizardKing

Scholar
Aaaaargh!!
I hope this game ends soon, getting really tired of these dungeons and the plot indicates that there's at least two more to go! :mad:
That would be 4 dungeons in a row! Talk about shitty design decisions..

LizardKing

Scholar
I managed to finish the game, it was much longer than I anticipated.
As a whole the game was a huge disappointment. It was very enjoyable at it's best and infuriatingly tedious at it's worst.
It sure had it's moments, but those boring filler dungeons and broken game mechanics ruined the game for me.
Plotline was ok and setting/atmosphere great.
I still have to praise the art direction, very detailed and beautiful art, some of the best I've seen in a game.

The game is flawed and definitely not a diamond.

Raapys

Arcane
As a whole the game was a huge disappointment. It was very enjoyable at it's best and infuriatingly tedious at it's worst.
It sure had it's moments, but those boring filler dungeons and broken game mechanics ruined the game for me.
I still have to praise the art direction, very detailed and beautiful art, some of the best I've seen in a game.

Pretty much this. I certainly don't regret playing the game, but I doubt I'll do another character class. It had lots of potential, but ultimately ends up being poor in too many aspects for it to become a classic. I'd love more games of more similar nature though, but with more varied and personal dialog and less shitty combat and dungeons. And an even bigger focus on the detective work stuff, which mostly consisted of running back and forth talking to people.

Best moment was when hitting level 45 and getting access to the Instant Death and Dark Mass spells, which removed all the tedium of combat.

Morkar Left

Well, I play on easy trying to solo the game. It makes normal enemies less of a chore but you still get instakills from enemies. I will see how far I make it. The problem with easy is you get less advanced loot and - major drawback - your companions have less hp.
But no matter the difficulty you will be on a long and repeating ride chugging potions like mad. No work around for this.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
How do i exorcise the girl in Act 2! How many Acts this gaem have?

Terpsichore

Arcane
Will i meet Alphonso again if i let him go? The idea of getting his whole inventory is very appealing :jew:

Terpsichore

Arcane
Ok, i am stuck in that ancient-whatever tomb (where the hag sends you to), i cleared it, clicked on the 4 statues and looted the golden chest, but the gate simply won't open, equipping the amulet or the axe does nothing.

Mrowak

Arcane
How do i exorcise the girl in Act 2! How many Acts this gaem have?

Get the exorcist's diary from the second crypt in the graveyard. Next get scriptures, rosary (buy them from thepriest in cathedral) and mandragora root (Wasteland- south-east). Then go to the prison and talk with the girl.

Repressed Homosexual

Thanks for your post, you're convincing me to give up on that game. It's just too long and not worth the bother.

Would be great to read as an LP for the investigation scenes, though I doubt anyone has the patience.

ironyuri

Thanks for your post, you're convincing me to give up on that game. It's just too long and not worth the bother.

Would be great to read as an LP for the investigation scenes, though I doubt anyone has the patience.

Kill yourself.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This game is ridiculous. At the end of act 2, you basically burn half the town alive and then go on a rampage slaughtering dozens of priests inside the church. The fact that such a ridiculous series of catacombs exists is pretty hilarious in itself, but even thinking about how these massive conspiracies with hundreds of evil followers could even remain hidden is painful. It's like at every turn, the need for Diablo-style dungeons is there to completely undermine the seriousness of the story. Though, at least it's nice to see that "shit is now getting real" and you're not just dealing with a few crazed wackos anymore.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Planet reached the stage when chaos cult launched planet wide rebellion? After First Inquisitor I burned and seeing that all Zeelus Battle Brothers from my chapter Knights are exiled into wilderness I didn't expected nothing less. Is the Brotherhood of Righteus lay organisation like Knights from Witcher or is this monastic order like Templars and Hospitalliers? They're sworn to King not Pope but they have all abilities and rights Paladins and Monks have... Including right to marry People. :lol:

Which threat was enough for Julian to escape and leave kidnapped Maiden intact. :P

Psquit

Arcane
For anyone who beat the game already, does Baphomet appears?. I know one of the soundtrack themes is called "Baphomet" and is lucifer the final boss?.

ironyuri

This game is ridiculous. At the end of act 2, you basically burn half the town alive and then go on a rampage slaughtering dozens of priests inside the church. The fact that such a ridiculous series of catacombs exists is pretty hilarious in itself, but even thinking about how these massive conspiracies with hundreds of evil followers could even remain hidden is painful. It's like at every turn, the need for Diablo-style dungeons is there to completely undermine the seriousness of the story. Though, at least it's nice to see that "shit is now getting real" and you're not just dealing with a few crazed wackos anymore.

Wait til you slaughter 200+ paladins in Act 3.

:yeah:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So compared to paying through all of Lionheart, would this game be more tedious combat-wise, or are they similar ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom