Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

LizardKing

Scholar
I feel like a moron right now, but...

Where the hell is Devil's Cavern? I've cleared out every single area of act II and I can't find it.

Right next to pagan temple/ruins/coliseum. Have fun!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I feel like a moron right now, but...

Where the hell is Devil's Cavern? I've cleared out every single area of act II and I can't find it.

Right next to pagan temple/ruins/coliseum. Have fun!
There's no marker on my map for that...

EDIT: Never mind, had to advance a quest first. Lame.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't read other posts on forum, and let the story surprise you.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I started this... and cheated my stats up to get the tedious combat over with more quickly and have it be less of a kite-fest. The game is pretty good - apart from the atrocious combat which is like Diablo with all the fun removed. Add to that huge amounts of enemies that often respawn (what the fuck were they thinking) and often unfair difficulty (hurr every time a zombie hits you you get a str penalty that stays until you heal it, have fun killing 50 zombies on this map, and btw they respawn haha).

Apart from the combat it's fun though and I like the setting so I will go on.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Version 1.01 had every time zombie hits you, you'd get illness which must be healed in temple, or by spell, and affects several stats. That strength penalty wears off by itself.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Version 1.01 had every time zombie hits you, you'd get illness which must be healed in temple, or by spell, and affects several stats. That strength penalty wears off by itself.

Cheated myself... Even when you're 10 levels above NPCs and with good gear you can die in seconds... Any other companion for Paladin aside from Broknight, Dog and Archer from Part 1?

Ringhausen

Augur
I don't think the game's total shit. It's incredibly flawed but what rpg isn't? It's true that there are walls of irrelevant text and most nobles, peasants and orcs end up sounding the same, since the writing lacks style that even BG1 had. The main story has been kind of cliched
The chivalrous knight is falsely accused, the eevil inquisitor was the real heretic, he's part of a cult that's trying to bring satan back to the world. The only guy you can trust is murdered and they try to frame you for it
But it's still interesting, it has charm, humor, all the quests are good and the lore and setting haven't been done before. It's gotten me interested in the inquisition, christianity and medieval law.

Yeah, you spend the game going around asking everyone about the cases or you pick up some object and then get a new dialogue option.But it's not like the IE and Tim Cain games were any different for the most part. Torture sucks because at least so far torturing innocents won't lead to them to giving false testimonials. If they're innocent then they endure pain. It's not broken it's just simplistic.

The combat is a mix of diablo and arcanum. I'm sitting back spamming harm most of the time, occasionally a dispel or certain buff is needed. Or leaving the companions behind, dodging the projectiles, paralyzing and then ganging up on the tougher guys. It's not good but still somehow compelling and there are a lot of useful spells. I hit level 35 and it feels good insta killing all the undead. The dungeon have no bussiness being so long tho, they even advertise it with "100 km of tortuous corridors," assholes.

Overall it's at least worth checking out and rage quitting in the mines.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Another question for people who are farther than me - any idea what to do in the Elenian temple? I've reached a huge stone door (trapped) that I can't interact with in any way. I found a secret room in the area but nothing to open the door. I've exhausted every other quest so I must be missing something.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What grinding? The begining is simple:
Say to guards then can fuck up, and mention the judge that awaits you. Talk with judge, get some equipment. Then either kill the bats anyway. Or do some investigation and perhaps arrest Paladin, or try to find everything in city. And run fast when neccessary. Get few levels, then get few companions and go ask few questions to gallows.
Arrest of paladin, if you want to do that, would give you 500 xp. Bats around the city would move you from 1 level to 2 level, or perhaps even 3. Then you might go around to find some companions. Talking with paladin, or arresting him, would arrange meeting with one companion, the second can be found even before.
As long as you have enough healing potions, and allow them to drink them, they would survive, and you'd gain levels quickly.
Orc caves are rough. Mainly level 2, and level 3. (Also known as iron mines level 5 and 6.)

flabbyjack

Arcane
FYI to cheaters: apparently if you add skill points or attribute points you can break the game(No details on this, just something I heard on GOG). The proper way to cheat is to add experience points which then of course adds attribute/skill points. Have fun!

Cheated myself... Even when you're 10 levels above NPCs and with good gear you can die in seconds... Any other companion for Paladin aside from Broknight, Dog and Archer from Part 1?
Act 2 has a paladin that can join you... but you will want to ditch those companions ASAP. Their stats suck and they do crap damage, and insta-chug all your potions. Re-roll the traders in act 2 for a decent double-damage weapon(+100% damage against all enemy types) then ditch the companions -- they are more trouble than they are worth. At the minimum get a +100% or more vs undead weapon for Act 2. Remember to pump the elemental resist skill and re-roll the traders for some +resist gear(Magic resist is nice too, also int adds magic resist... Magic resist is not listed on the character screen :retarded:. Magic resist spell will also save ur ass.
PS - Lizardmen will break your weapon and you'll have to repair it after almost every fight in Devil's Caverns. Unless of course you have an 'indestructible' magic weapon.

Another question for people who are farther than me - any idea what to do in the Elenian temple? I've reached a huge stone door (trapped) that I can't interact with in any way. I found a secret room in the area but nothing to open the door. I've exhausted every other quest so I must be missing something.
Use all four statues in the area. The door at the back is now open!

ironyuri

I'm stuck mid Act 3, it seems that to advance Curial Inquisitor and Main Quest, you need to solve more than a few side quests outside the city. There are also a huge number of spirits, ghosts, phantoms, shadows, fear-wraiths, etc. in the Act 3 cemetery, so your companions will be fried at some point or other. Summon hellhounds is insta-win, however.

I can have 20+ summoned hounds on screen at once, sometimes more.

LizardKing

Scholar
I need some help with Act III, some serious spoilers here..
Btw.. How do I hide the text?

SPOILER:

I have talked to everyone about everything (afaik) and I have explored every location on the map.
Right now I don't know what to do.

Testimony of the dead girl (Kathryn Winhold)..
I found her grave, but I can't do anything.
I have the necklace of dead + the book.
Where do I find the skull? My journal says that cardinal Letti should know something, but he doesn't want to talk to me.

What should I do with Joan the Stryx?
I don't know where his father is and it seems that she's immortal.

Where's the cursed mansion?
I have the quest, but there's no location on the map.

The gardener is dead and he revealed one of his accomplices.

When it comes to Brotherhood of Righteous quests, I've managed to fail at least 2 of them.
I can't do anything in Citadel. Hector de Froix doesn't like me, because I killed that cursed paladin (before I got the quest).
I also sold decapitator sword which means that I can't complete that quest either.

Testament of Saint Bartholomeus:
I have 2 statuettes and I have an idea how to acquire the third one, but I can't get to the cellars of the cathedral yet.

Terpsichore

Arcane
Getting a weapon with Azrael's (+100% damage to all enemies) prefix is the minimum basic.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well once you have high INT and Holy Defence the game is not as frustrating... Found Greatsword with + 9 damage and + 100 to all this plus spell adding fire damage mows the poor Draq people... OK back to those MF caves. :salute:

P.S. Smithing is a must take skill for Paladin.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Someone up to upload some screenshots? Couldn't buy the game yet but I'd like some eyecandy. :oops:

LizardKing

Scholar
Ignore my previous post, problems solved.
I just missed 2 doors (had to do some pixel hunting).

Repressed Homosexual
Yes the setting and investigations are very intriguing, but the gameplay, speed, loot, music and overall fun factor are pitiful in comparison to it.

I'm still trying to grind walking cadavers in order to get into either the iron mine or the underground complex at the cemetery at the north. This is really an exercise in tedium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom