Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just seen on RPGWatch that Cinemax put some news on Inquisitor. The game's been in dev for ten years and should be released in a couple or months.

All the info's there

The trailer's quite pretty and got me really interested. Hope the translation will be decent and that the gameplay won't be too much diabloesque.

A very important part of the inquisitional process constitutes the right of torture which alows you to use up to four torturals when interrogating the worst criminals (rack, strappado, whipping post and iron maiden).

Well, this should be right down the Codex's alley

Anyway, any previews or anything? The site's a bit sketchy on the actual details of the game. I'd rather know what the combat system was like than know that it has "interrogation, torture, doom".

Admiral jimbob said:
A very important part of the inquisitional process constitutes the right of torture which alows you to use up to four torturals when interrogating the worst criminals (rack, strappado, whipping post and iron maiden).

Well, this should be right down the Codex's alley

Anyway, any previews or anything? The site's a bit sketchy on the actual details of the game. I'd rather know what the combat system was like than know that it has "interrogation, torture, doom".

If it doesn't mention the combat system, it is safe to say that it will follow the current next gen model.

Strappado? Perhaps one of the more warped Codexians could enlighten us as to what this is? A Spanish Daddy using his belt perhaps?

Phelot

Arcane
The art and sprites look nice enough.

Does anyone care to translate what all this means? Looks like an alignment meter in there and a fair amount of skills. I see a scroll bar for the skills, which means there's a lot which means I now have a boner.

inquisitor-24-max.jpg

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
When I posted this piece of news, I expected the Codex would've offered some more precise and exclusive information, an old preview in a czech magazine or somethig like that. But until now, nothing. Codex, you disappoint me.

Ogg said:
Just seen on RPGWatch that Cinemax put some news on Inquisitor. The game's been in dev for ten years and should be released in a couple or months.

Dev time longer than two years = shit game.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
Ogg said:

That I just know too well. I find it funny they're putting this long overdue dev time as an asset.

ever

Scholar
why have 2d visuals stagnated? Its been like Icewind dale 2 and then nothing :S

Rakanishu said:
I don't see why dev time more than two years means shit games
Could you explain to me

Why do you need an explanation? It's an universal law, like gravity.

But fine, any dev time longer than two years means either dev hell or utter incompetence or many large-scale game changes.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Emotional Vampire said:
Rakanishu said:
I don't see why dev time more than two years means shit games
Could you explain to me

Why do you need an explanation? It's an universal law, like gravity.

But fine, any dev time longer than two years means either dev hell or utter incompetence or many large-scale game changes.
You're a fucking moron. Most awesome games needed at least 3-4 years development time.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Quick, call Blizzard. Somebody has cloned Diablo!

Seriously, it looks like a stilted Diablo-clone with some nice atmosphere and graphics. I don't really see why we should get excited about this. Well, maybe apart from the guys who like Divine Divinity or the beginning of Lionheart...

ever

Scholar
I don't like the graphics. You'd think 2d could exhibit some breathtaking beauty by now with cool lighting but nope. The spell effects aren't even pretty ;_;

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Shannow said:
Seriously, it looks like a stilted Diablo-clone with some nice atmosphere and graphics. I don't really see why we should get excited about this. Well, maybe apart from the guys who like Divine Divinity or the beginning of Lionheart...
I'm one of those guys, it seems.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I'm not sure where this Diablo clone thing has come from. Sure the trailer is fairly combat heavy, but that's just the way of things. I don't personally remember an Arcanum trailer, but I'd be surprised if that wouldn't have also given away distinctly Diablo-y impression.

Sure it might end up being a cheap Eastern Euro Diablo clone, but it's a bit too soon to be passing judgement yet.

also:
The game story is mainly about investigating different crimes – the core of players destiny forms exposing of the malefactors, gaining evidences against them and proving their guilty at the court (according to both the religious and secular law of the Empire). One of the most important law represents the Inquisitional codex which integrates the rules and principles of the inquisitional process and also determines your methods and acting while hunting for heretics and witches who threaten the whole Empire with their obscure plots.

Now that doesn't really sound terribly Diablo like to me.

Needles

Scholar
phelot said:
The art and sprites look nice enough.

Does anyone care to translate what all this means? Looks like an alignment meter in there and a fair amount of skills. I see a scroll bar for the skills, which means there's a lot which means I now have a boner.

inquisitor-24-max.jpg

Translation (and no, I don't have anything to do with the devs or the game, just a guy who knows some czech, so it's likely that their translation will not be the same):

1st column

Maximilian Conti
Inquisitor
Exp
Lvl

Str
Dex
Int
End
Speed

Attack
Damage
Defense

2nd column:

Health
Stamina
Mana

Fire resistance
Cold resistance
Lightning resistance
Poison resistance
Magic resistance

Attribute Points
Ability Points

Abilities (3rd column):

Magic of God
Magic of the true faith
Magic of miracles
Inquisitive magic
Heretic magic
Pagan magic
Hell's magic
Melee Combat
Ranged Combat
Armored combat
Perception
Holy Aura
Flagellating (whipping)
Authority
Wisdom
Alchemy
Mana regeneration
Insight
Identification of items (=lore?)

Norfleet

I call scam. Notice how they want you to give them money NOW for something which doesn't exist. When they've gotten enough suckers to bite, they take the money and run. That, or due to "unforseen difficulties", there are some fees which need to be paid before they can send you your game. This all sounding a bit familiar?

Rakanishu

Novice
I call scam. Notice how they want you to give them money NOW for something which doesn't exist. When they've gotten enough suckers to bite, they take the money and run. That, or due to "unforseen difficulties", there are some fees which need to be paid before they can send you your game. This all sounding a bit familiar?
I didn't think about that thanks for the reminder that this is a hasrsh world,but I certainly hope time will prove you wrong because I' looking for this one since I discovered it two years ago,was not knowing that it was 10 years in the making and
might be true also.Time will tell

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom