Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Wouldn’t surprise me if CDPR intentionally leaked that they were planning on revealing 2077 soon, keeps the hype going after that nothing tweet.
What's the point, they could have just announced it if the wanted. Unless they are unsure they will be able to make something presentable by the time, and want to have the option to dial it back.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I was going to ask if this was going to be more like Witcher 1 or Witcher 3 but seeing that it's debuting at E3 I imagine it will be even further from W1 than W3 was

:negative:
uh im pretty sure even the witcher 1 was at E3... what does that have to do with the type of game it is?

but that being said of course it's going to be an evolution of what you saw in witcher 3

Unwanted

MI.Tex

Unwanted
Every next open world game copies each other, so we can only hope the gameplay is more like Zelda Botw with the story and quests like witcher 3

best deal

vonAchdorf

Arcane
If Bethesda presents their game at E3, it will be an 2018 release. I kinda doubt that for Cyberpunk.

Perkel

Arcane
I was going to ask if this was going to be more like Witcher 1 or Witcher 3 but seeing that it's debuting at E3 I imagine it will be even further from W1 than W3 was

:negative:

Witcher 1 was at E3 i think 2005-6. Bioware kind of liked what they were doing with their game and proposed them desk with chair at e3. Everyone back then was focused on Jade Empire so all the press was checking it out while Bioware was like "BTW here are some Eastern Yurop dudes with their game"

It is a story CDPR loves to brag about. Well i would also brag about being at the biggest game trade show while being completely not known lol.

Keppo

Arbiter
Im fucking tired with all these retarded leaks, speculation and rumours, clickbait articles, clickbait videos because Cyberpunk is hot topic and gives money and attention. I really hope that they will finally push this game out of their basement into the world and also give release date right away to cut out all the speculation about it, it must be frustrating even for the developers... And i hope that this game will have both first and third person.. I like sometimes have look on my character... In terms of gameplay/rpg mechanics they should just copy games like Vampire Masquarade and first Deus Ex, this game doesnt need to have turn based combat. Masquarade dont have and its perfectly fine. Exploration and open world stuff from Nintento. The rest im pretty confident that they will pretty much nail: feeling, quests, mood, story, content, attention to detail, even soundtrack should be good with contributors like Perturbator etc...

Zer0wing

Cipher
Im fucking tired with all these retarded leaks, speculation and rumours, clickbait articles, clickbait videos because Cyberpunk is hot topic and gives money and attention. I really hope that they will finally push this game out of their basement into the world and also give release date right away to cut out all the speculation about it, it must be frustrating even for the developers... And i hope that this game will have both first and third person.. I like sometimes have look on my character... In terms of gameplay/rpg mechanics they should just copy games like Vampire Masquarade and first Deus Ex, this game doesnt need to have turn based combat. Masquarade dont have and its perfectly fine. Exploration and open world stuff from Nintento. The rest im pretty confident that they will pretty much nail: feeling, quests, mood, story, content, attention to detail, even soundtrack should be good with contributors like Perturbator etc...
:russiastronk:
Deus Ex and Vampires aren't called best games for nothing.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Im fucking tired with all these retarded leaks, speculation and rumours, clickbait articles, clickbait videos because Cyberpunk is hot topic and gives money and attention. I really hope that they will finally push this game out of their basement into the world and also give release date right away to cut out all the speculation about it
No, you don't. Releasing a game before it's ready is an awful idea, and 5 minutes after your download is over you're going to forget entirely about your impatience now. I'll be looking for your post a year from now saying "Good game, but they shouldn't have spent so long developing it." :crickets:

jolene

Literate
I'm pretty excited for this game. CD Projekt did a splendid job with the Witcher series and you could clearly see how they grew over time. I'm curious to know what they'd manage to pull off with this theme. :)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait for all the CD Projekt dick sucking fanbois (that were impressed with Witcher 3 clickamole exquisitely boring combat that quickly became a chore) to praise Cyberpunk's 2077 FPS combat even if it's a reheated pile of shit with slight variation (like Deus EX mankind divided was) and where player skill is way more important than player's avatar capabilities which is an afterthought design wise.

Cyberpunk's 2020 vicious Friday Night Firefight reduced to bullet sponges galore and left mouse holding firefights where the only tactical element is the reflex of reloading a weapon even if the magazine is 3/4 full.

If CD Projekt has shown anything with the Witcher series is that they're better at making interactive movies instead of a proper RPG, let alone an innovative first person/3rd person/isometric/bird's eye view tactical RPG hybrid, anything but the same old lame ass FPS recipe since Quake.

I disagree, I think with Witcher 3, CDProjekt showed that they were actually going more into the gameplay direction, and away from interactive movies. Witcher 2 was the game that was pretty much a movie, even climbing a ladder or opening a door were cinematics.

In Witcher 3, they introduced all sorts of gameplay elements. Being an open world game, it had the inherent freedom of direction (which is unmovie-like), even if it wasn't implemented that well (point of interest markers, etc). The combat, while not perfect, was by FAR the best in the series, and had sound underlying principles. If they didn't dumb it down for casuals (by disabling NPC parries/dodges at the beginning of fights, the code is there), it would've been really good. You could climb and overcome obstacles, a first for the series, ride your horse in a fun way, including mounted combat, use signs for world interaction (breaking through weak walls, knocking people off horses, etc). Gwent is also a type of gameplay, and while the witcher senses mode was pretty dumbed down, it's still gameplay.

So while things could've been done better, overall, Witcher 3 is the best of the series when it comes to actual gameplay by a significant margin. I keep saying that if they can improve the gameplat from Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk 2077 by the same amount as from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3, this could be an absolutely amazing game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
However not so good character development wise (nasty power scaling trough level and tiered equipment, with level gating) and absolutely terrible itemization wise...

RepHope

Savant
I can't wait for all the CD Projekt dick sucking fanbois (that were impressed with Witcher 3 clickamole exquisitely boring combat that quickly became a chore) to praise Cyberpunk's 2077 FPS combat even if it's a reheated pile of shit with slight variation (like Deus EX mankind divided was) and where player skill is way more important than player's avatar capabilities which is an afterthought design wise.

Cyberpunk's 2020 vicious Friday Night Firefight reduced to bullet sponges galore and left mouse holding firefights where the only tactical element is the reflex of reloading a weapon even if the magazine is 3/4 full.

If CD Projekt has shown anything with the Witcher series is that they're better at making interactive movies instead of a proper RPG, let alone an innovative first person/3rd person/isometric/bird's eye view tactical RPG hybrid, anything but the same old lame ass FPS recipe since Quake.
I can’t wait for it to get voted one of Codex’s favorite games just like Witcher 3. You’ll probably vote for it on one of your alts.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
However not so good character development wise (nasty power scaling trough level and tiered equipment, with level gating) and absolutely terrible itemization wise...
This. Very bad'n'boring chardev, TERRIBAD itemization system, combat serviceable at most - mostly button mashing, very little skill/time based features.

I also disagree with PorkyThePaladin about CD Projekt movie/game progression. When I look back at the series the first game is lodged in my foggy memory as the best gameplay-wise and the third one the worst. When I played TW3 it probably wasn't as pronounced but now, in hindsight, it's really more of an interactive movie with open-world instead of linear transitions. Sometimes it's literally "go to X, watch a cutscene, go to Y, watch a cutscene...".

Luckily, as interactive movies go, this one is by far the best bar none. The game is actually stronger the more it focuses on its movie element. The reason my favourite TW3 piece of content is the Heart of Stone DLC is because they went balls to the wall with the cinematic approach here. And it's great, because CD Projekt writing, storytelling and characters are extremely strong. As an RPG tho TW3 is actually quite bad.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, personally I prefer W3 to the cinematic W2 with far worse combat.

But yeah, W1 wins in game systems, itemization and atmosphere - by a mile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom