Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal Video

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why couldn't this be Shadowrun.
Because it is boring as fuck. Get your gay ass elfs and orks out of mah cyberpunk.

Just put the video at 31:33. Clean day, not night nor raining. That is it, it's my fault for expecting it to be a comfy cyberpunk game.
I'm sure in cyberpunk worlds the planet stops spinning so it is always night, and thanks to global warming the weather crapped out, so it is always raining. Seems plausible.
Many people equal Cyberpunk to Blade Runner, and it is always raining in those movies. I mean, seriously, all the time (explained by pollution). Also, they are dark.

blade105.jpg

blade-runner-tears-in-rain.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-raining.jpg
Raining is just an extra, however, people usually doesn't equal cyberpunk = clean day because that makes no fucking sense in a fucked up tech world. There is also the first line in the most famous cyberpunk book:
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

OEn9XYms6YMpp_mQOL-795U5OG24ghomNbI-JsCQPcI.png

therealmaxmike=Mike Pondsmith

also

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/8q7evh/told_you_it_was_worth_waiting_for/

For those who wish it was more rainy and dark and stuff: Five words: Day/night Cycle Weather Algorithms

ANYONE can make it dark and rainy and neony. We already knew we could do that. We wanted to prove that it can be the Dark Future ANY TIME OF DAY OR NIGHT.

...I still think the sky should be darker...

gaussgunner

Arcane
:5/5: Titties
:4/5: Guns
:3/5: Vehicles
:2/5: RPG elements
:1/5: Voice acting
:0/5: Cutscenes

I don't know. Is it possible for a game this big to be any good? Witcher 1 was a proper 1st-person RPG that's all about stats, not skill. With each sequel comes enhanced graphic realism, more cutscenes, more emphasis on realtime combat skill. It looks like CDPR is going for the ultimate cinematic FPS experience. At least it won't be linear railed shit, if their dialogue system works out.

Could be good but as usual, not getting my hopes up.

ortucis

Prophet
Also, that was the least convincinng "THAT WAS INTENSE" ever spoken by a human being.

That female voice actor is fucking terrible. Most lines are delivered like she's reading a novel in her head (deadpan delivery). That latino guy was so fucking annoying that I stopped paying attention to her. Maybe that's why they created that shit character?

While we're at it, people who like this gameplay are probably big fans of Borderlands and Division. I still haven't finished either of them since bullet sponge enemies kinda piss me off.

"Oh you're leveling up, getting better gear? Here are new enemies that'll soak up all the damage you can throw at them derp." :hahano:

You can either make a good AI (FEAR) or make shit one which relies on soaking up damage. These games go for the latter. Can't have good AI on a console game afterall..

DeepOcean

Arcane
Two minds about this, the shooting is pretty average console shooting, seen all those things, the slow motion, the bullet sponges, the braindead retarded ai and the scripted shooting gallery stuff on plenty other average console shooters out there. Not really impressed, it is stuff you've seen on the Division, Rage 2, Far Cry 5, Borderlands 2, it is the same stuff.

I'm more interested on the RPG stuff, if the shooting stuff is just mediocre console shooter garbage but they actually deliver on the multiple solutions to quests rewarding player agency, it could be pretty cool. I'm just really skeptical of they being able to push such quality of detail to a good percentage of the quests of the game, the insane amount of work that stuff would take makes that claim sorta of unrealistic and hype baiting. We aren't talking about a game like Deus Ex with limited sized hubs (and even there, player agency wasn't all that free anyway, never was) but an open world game, I really don't see how they wont have to sacrifice detail to meet the budget.

Really hope they aren't bullshitting and they actually deliver on the player agency because the shooting part is pretty disappointing and I will be bored if it is the only real gameplay to it. About the art style, I don't mind the city having a day and night cycle but I do mind the washed out colors, at distance, things look lifeless, it is pre alpha, they could fix that stuff, the lighting and all that shit, it is that I like vibrant colours and I think they would make alot of sense on a cyberpunk game.

Didn't like the scripted stuff, that part where the dude shoot through walls with his rifle felt like a smoke and mirror scripting sequence, what is a pity, if you could actually open holes on walls with your guns everywhere, this could elevate the shooting from console trash status. The way the "cover" wasn't destructible doesn't make me hopeful for a more interesting application of that mechanic.

I think the city was a bit too clean too, without enough urban decay, really rope seeing that stuff on the shithole districts.

This will be a wait and see for me, I don't buy the hype machine.

That female voice actor is fucking terrible. Most lines are delivered like she's reading a novel in her head (deadpan delivery). That latino guy was so fucking annoying that I stopped paying attention to her. Maybe that's why they created that shit character?

They sound like they don't belong in the same conversation. Or rather, they sound like they are not in the same conversation.

Naraya

Arcane

Really? I liked her voice, felt natural. Of course the peak of VO is IMO femshep from ME but V's voice wasn't bad by any means.

Two minds about this, the shooting is pretty average console shooting, seen all those things, the slow motion, the bullet sponges, the braindead retarded ai and the scripted shooting gallery stuff on plenty other average console shooters out there. Not really impressed, it is stuff you've seen on the Division, Rage 2, Far Cry 5, Borderlands 2, it is the same stuff.

I'm more interested on the RPG stuff, if the shooting stuff is just mediocre console shooter garbage but they actually deliver on the multiple solutions to quests rewarding player agency, it could be pretty cool. I'm just really skeptical of they being able to push such quality of detail to a good percentage of the quests of the game, the insane amount of work that stuff would take makes that claim sorta of unrealistic and hype baiting. We aren't talking about a game like Deus Ex with limited sized hubs (and even there, player agency wasn't all that free anyway, never was) but an open world game, I really don't see how they wont have to sacrifice detail to meet the budget.

Really hope they aren't bullshitting and they actually deliver on the player agency because the shooting part is pretty disappointing.

I am fairly sure that the shooting mechanic is something that is going to heavily evolve before the final release. I mean, they put a bigass banner that this is a WIP and does not represent the final state of the game. Shooting felt railroad-y and artificial (however we are in cyberpunk after all, he he), to me it was definitely one of the lower points of the reveal.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm not really happy with this, but for the most part (and I understand the audience and the times, and financial obligations) this is something I'd probably play (I'm SO fucking fucking sick of Fantasy).

Not expecting much more, but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Yawn.

Looks like an overly scripted dime-a-dozen shooter with a cyberpunk theme glued on top of it.

Visuals ruined by the use of chromatic aberration and motion blur. Using a gamepad for the demo was also a big minus.

Can't wait for the inevitable downgrade:

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Can't wait for the inevitable downgrade:

HimCVhC.jpg
Don't want to ruin your fun, but the first picture was never said to be ingame. I think that was a promotional concept art.
It seems that some textures in the lol area didn't load as is appears to be under the blur area on athe asphalt. Overall it seems that the gamma correction is different in the trailer and the gameplay video.

Btw. If some is interested i have wrote down all the spoken lines and the spanish words used by Jackie and counted following occurrences:
Jackie speaks in the whole gameplay 110 times with around avg 6-7 words per line.
He uses the following 15 different spanish words for 34 times:
Jaina, Muy bien!, Órale, Terminado, Cabrónes, Mierda, Fuera, Hijole, Culo, Culo, Señor, Pendejo, Carnal, Pinche ( cocksuckers), Vámonos and Por favor.
Jaina is used 13 times towards and only V and means (slang - had to google it) chicka / Girl. It is derived from the english "Honey". Seems to be the pet name that Jackie has given V. The second in occuring frequency is Pendejo, that is used 4 times. 8 times Jackie is swearing in fight and outside an encounter with Pendejo, Cabrónes, Mierda and Pinche cocksuckers (constriced by code switching). If we exclude Jaina and the swear words than he uses 10 different words and phrases 13 times, from 110 occasions and ~640 words.
Only once i find the use of spanish and even the spoken phrases awkward and that is the use of Señor:
Órale, I'll be at señor ripper's. Get news to me there.(14:06)
Jackies accent seem strongly indicating that he is not a native english speaker.

If Jackie [Jacek] would be from a polish ghetto, then he would speak like that in the first 8 minutes:
01) Kurwa, lead the way V! (2:11)
02) Kurwa, are we fuckin' late? Is that her, that our target V?! (2:22)
03) Kurwa! They're coming! (3:00)
04) V, head down! (3:05)
05) Want more?! Kurwa! Dobrze! (3:18)
06) V, take cover! (3:28)
07) He's movin'! (3:37)
08) Kurwa! Find cover! (3:44)
09) Blast the wall, you'll get him! (3:50)
10) Kurwa! Use your fuckin' scanner! (3:53)
11) We out of options, here...Kurwa no! (4:01)
12) Kurwa, get his attention. I'll do the rest. (4:06)
13) Kurrrwaa! (4:13)
14) Ty Chuju! (4:19)
15) Won't be needin' this anymore. Jaka cipa. (4:21)
16) Sure hope our target's in there. (4:29)
17) Skurwysyny. (4:36)
18) This does not look good... (4:45)
19) Platinum? Shit TT shoulda swooped in if she sneezed. (5:07)
20) Like the fuckin' cavalry. Heheh. (5:41)
21) C'mon, let's get her outta here. (5:44)
22) Oh, kurwa! She's flatlinin'! (5:55)
23) Catch! (6:02)
24) Ohh Kurwa... (6:11)
25) Outside. Kurwa! Get her outside! (6:12)
26) I'll cover you. (6:14)
27) Outside, get 'er out, Terrace. (6:28)
28) All clear. Let's you and me blow. (7:28)
29) Don't have much time from what Bug said. (7:32)
30) I got the eddies for new wheels, now Eyein'somethin real fine, too. (7:43)
31) How 'bout you? Prolly blow it all on booze in three days. Ohh Kurwa. (7:48)
[/joke]

Last edited:

Tao

Savant
The problem from Jackie is that he just swap a word in a sentence and it seems pretty random most of time, not part of a culture or a lingo; and sometimes they are no mean to be used like he use them.

Besides CDP should make their mind about if they want him talk "latino" or "castellano".

Syme

Arbiter

Agreed, but that's one part I believe that mods can fix. Fallout 4 on highest difficulty was utter bullshit until I installed a mod that increased damage across the board. The game was still shit, but the shooting was a lot more enjoyable from then on out.

Darkzone

Arcane
The problem from Jackie is that he just swap a word in a sentence and it seems pretty random most of time, not part of a culture or a lingo; and sometimes they are no mean to be used like he use them.
Besides CDP should make their mind about if they want him talk "latino" or "castellano".
I think that his word choices are quite in line and not random. He uses clearly spanish for swearing and small phrases, like "Mui bien", "Por favor", "Vámonos" or to address someone or his emotions. What sticks out is the Fuera (Outside), but it is in an stress situation.
I have only learned "castellano" at school so i cannot line out all the differences between them. Jaina is clearly latino slang. But it is difficult to discuss it without an explicit example, therefore i will paste my notations:
01) Orale, lead the way jaina! (2:11)
02) Grr, are we fuckin' late? Is that her, that our target V?! (2:22)
03) They're coming! (3:00)
04) V, head down! (3:05)
05) Want more?! Hahah! Muy bien! (3:18)
06) V, take cover! (3:28)
07) He's movin'! (3:37)
08) Cover! Find cover! (3:44)
09) Blast the wall, you'll get him! (3:50)
10) Jesus! Use your fuckin' scanner! (3:53)
11) We out of options, here...! (4:01)
12) Jaina, get his attention. I'll do the rest. (4:06)
13) Grrragh! (4:13)
14) Terminado! (4:19)
15) Won't be needin' this anymore. Pussy. (4:21)
16) Sure hope our target's in there. (4:29)
17) Cabrones. (4:36)
18) This does not look good... (4:45)
19) Platinum? Shit TT shoulda swooped in if she sneezed, (5:07)
20) Like the fuckin' cavalry. Heheh. (5:41)
21) C'mon, let's get her outta here. (5:44)
22) Oh, mierda! She's flatlinin'! (5:55)
23) Catch, jaina! (6:02)
24) Phew... (6:11)
25) Fuera, jaina. Get her outside! (6:12)
26) I'll cover you. (6:14)
27) Fura, get 'er out, Terrace. (6:28)
28) All clear. Let's you and me blow. (7:28)
29) Don't have much time from what Bug said (7:32)
30) I got the eddies for new wheels, now Eyein'somethin real fine, too. (7:43)
31) How 'bout you jaina? Prolly blow it all on booze in three days. (7:48)
32) Hey, 'sup, V! Look, need to talk to you. Got news big as my balls. (8:51)
33) C'mon, jaina, mke the doc wait. Pull some pants on your culo and get down here. Subway entrance, and bring your Iron. (8:59)
34) Hijole. Fuckin' finally. (13:37)
35) Buckle up, shit's happening. (13:39)
36) Dexter DeShawn -eh? Sound familiar? Hombre wants to talk to you. One of Night City's top fixers, eh? (13:44)
37) OK, ya see that Caddie? Need to walk on over there and get us a job, jaina. (13:54)
38) Orale, I'll be at senor ripper's. Get news to me there. (14:06)
39) G'luck, V! (14:10)
40) V! (18:26)
41) How'd it play out with Dex? (18:27)
42) All right. I'll check it out while i wait for you. (18:30)
43) Well,well, well... Kiroshi (23:42)
44) Mhm! Ol' Vick's got a soft spot on you, jaina. (23:45)
45) C'mon, how 'bout you use them fancy-ass optics to scan my new wheels. (23:49)
46) Eyl. Just watch the paint job. (23:57)
47) Who's this pendejo?! (24:08)
48) Hey, carnal! (24:12)
49) Hey! You got a problem? (24:15)
50) Somethin' tells me that wasn't no coincidence, eh? (24:31)
51) This does not look good... (25:06)
52) Puta madre! (25:08)
53) Oh, fuck! (25:12)
54) They're pullin' ahead, jaina! Watch it now! (25:18)
55) Got him! (25:23)
56) Hard right. (25:27)
57) Pendejos... (25:38)
58) Let's get the fuck outta here, (25:54)
59) Scavs? Sure, maybe... (26:02)
60) Should be lookin'for a new spot to slice'n' dice, not gunnin' after us. (26:05)
61) But who knows? Real messed-up pendejos, scavs. Saw it yourself. (26:10)
62) Why we stoppin'? (26:33)
63) Lemme guess - she's in hot corpo water, desperate, and you think you can use that? (26:43)
64) There. Let's take a closer look. (27:13)
65) Yeah, Militech - no doubt about it. You sure you still wanna meet 'em? (27:20)
66) Looked a little fishy, you know, un poquito tense? But no signal, so i stayed put. (30:50)
67) Mhm. (31:01)
68) Corps don't forgive or forget. (31:21)
69) Even these borg fucks sense that, feel the pressure. That's why they're holed up in this shithole, prayin'to the almighty trip-six. (31:27)
70) They gotta move the tech, but they can't. 'Cause your new best friend from the tripped-out, tanked-out SUV is just beggin''em to try. (31:32)
71) How you wanna do this? (31:40)
72) I dunno, but... you're callin' this one. (31:52)
73) Uh... Hmm (31:58)
74) They look damn well prepared. (32:31)
75) Psycho borgs chromed out with military grade hardware worth millions... Should be fun (32:35)
76) Gangoons gettin' creative with their gear... (33:01)
77) Another one? Seriously? (33:12)
78) Little late for regrets like that... Got us in their sights now. Just keep movin' (33:18)
79) Stay cool... They're just tryin'to spook us. (33:30)
80) I'll stand. (34:23)
81) Can't move on your culo. Makes you an easy target. (34:24)
82) That really necessary, hombre? (34:30)
83) This ain't gonna end well, but... shit... (34:41)
84) Jaina, pay up and let's get the fuck out of here. (35:50)
85) We'll pay for the bot and be on our way. (36:33)
86) Ahm fuck, we're cut off Virus must've tripped a security protocol! (37:21)
87) Maelstom. Militech... Heh had to end this way. (37:25)
88) Right, behind you! (38:56)
89) Mph, stinks somethin' awfull of feed... (39:01)
90) And we're gonna pass through with it. (39:06)
91) Let's ride. (39:14)
92) Heads up! They're here! (39:22)
93) Find cover! (39:22)
94) Pinche cocksuckers! (39:36)
95) Hey, had enough, pendejo?! (39:53)
96) Pinche Cocksuckers! (40:04)
97) Clear. Follow me, think the exit's that way! (40:18)
98) Had the thoughest bastards guarding this route... Probably some reason for that. (40:51)
99) I'll check down here! (43:46)
100) Heads up! Aaaaaargh! (44:27)
101) Fuck em... I'll cover you! (44:37)
102) Fuck... I'm spent (45:29)
103) Need some air. (45:33)
104) 'Bout goddamn time. Let's get outta here. (46:02)
105) It's time we are on our way, jaina. (46:57)
106) Fuckin' shit-eating suits. (47:07)
107) Vamonos. (47:08)
108) Shit, can't believe it, jaina. Major leagues - we're in, I mean, we fuckin'pried the door open (47:31)
109) Oh, no. Not another three-nighter, por favor. (47:43)
110) Amen, jaina. Amen. (47:54)

Tao

Savant
33) C'mon, jaina, mke the doc wait. Pull some pants on your culo and get down here. Subway entrance, and bring your Iron. (8:59)
36) Dexter DeShawn -eh? Sound familiar? Hombre wants to talk to you. One of Night City's top fixers, eh? (13:44)
38) Orale, I'll be at senor ripper's. Get news to me there. (14:06)
48) Hey, carnal! (24:12)
66) Looked a little fishy, you know, un poquito tense? But no signal, so i stayed put. (30:50)

I'll stop there bc im not autist.

Vamonos=castellano Orale(andale)=latino (mexican i think)
Cabrones=castellano Pendejos=latino

Sure latinos use vamonos or cabrones too but they rarely use them instead of theirs outside a more formal neutral speaking

I could try to go deeper but i dont see the point. So let me try with a general example:

In english you can say: "this man...wtf". To implie he is retard, to insult him.

-What a castilian would say: "Este tio... wtf" They could use slang "Este colega(tronco,pargela,etc)". They almost never will use "Este hombre...wtf" Bc it's not despective enough in a street talk context, you would use it in a genuine surprise from what that guy is doing.
-What a latino would say: "Este pendejo...wtf" Again there are other slangs. Dunno if they are cool with "This pendejo... wtf" I think latino americans would probably use it but idk.
-What CDP seems to be doing: "this hombre... wtf" They just swap a word (for the formal/literal translation no less) when the disrespect part come from the combination of the article with the lingo name . NO slang ever will come to be like this in the future

Anyway, all this is pretty autist as i said. Is a very minor complain to spent so much time on it.

If it tell you something, i'm from spain and all my friends (spanish and latinos) include me think Jackie sounded jar

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Weird that pretty much nobody on the internet is talking about the dialog system. It's the only interesting piece so far, as far as gameplay is concerned. Cyperpunk 2077 will be the first major title to copy Consortium's dynamic nonmodal dialog system. It might become a standard in the future if CDPR does it well.

Too bad the dialogue options themselves are tainted by modern game design bullshit. You never know what your character is going to say based on the choice you select.

The thing that has me excited was when you had the gun to your head during the conversation with the Corp lady. When you looked at her, you had dialogue options. When you looked at the guy with the gun, you had a “grab the gun” option. That’s fucking awesome, and it has a ton of role playing potential. I know they said this kind of stuff is why they made it first person, so I hope there’s a lot of it, with your dialogue options changing based on where you look.

Indeed. The system is present in many other places in the video. When they find the girl in bathtub, looking at Jackie shows the option to have him grab her, dialog options pop up while V walks by a named street vendor NPC, and so on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird that pretty much nobody on the internet is talking about the dialog system. It's the only interesting piece so far, as far as gameplay is concerned. Cyperpunk 2077 will be the first major title to copy Consortium's dynamic nonmodal dialog system. It might become a standard in the future if CDPR does it well.

Didn't Fallout 4 have this :M

epeli

Arcane

Didn't Fallout 4 have this :M

I genuinely don't know and don't care much after seeing the dialog of Fallout 3, which felt like it was written by some middle school kid doing internship for a school course. Anyways, I'm under the impression Fallout 4 has standard modal dialog (you are locked in dialog mode with NPC and your controls change to accommodate that) with shitty YES/NO/IRRELEVANT COMEDY OPTION/FUCK OFF wheel control for gamepads. Is that wrong?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some conversations are locked, but more minor ones aren't. Sometimes with amusing results:

molotov.

Novice
No one noticed the shite dialogue system?

14:49 the dialogue system shows, "Could be. Go on, sing your song." However, the character says: "Interested? Sure. Tell me more." That is just stupidity. Didn’t they see the failure that was Fallout 4 dialogue?

By the looks of it we’ll have to play as an edgy mercenary lad/lass. NOT a RPG…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom