Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyanide's Call of Cthulhu - "RPG-Investigation" game based on tabletop ruleset

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
http://www.callofcthulhu-game.com

12718238_965036256914872_534432774303732408_n.png

Not much yet, just a teaser website.

Made by Cyanide and published by Focus Home... It's going to be a bugs galore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky

Arcane
Always weird to see official versions of the works of dead writers.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wonder if it will be better than The Wasted Lands. It have sanity meter and it's turn based. Probably RTwP because it's always RTwP when you have hope for TB...

A user named cat

Will someone just fucking take Dark Corners of the Earth, remove all the retarded Bethesda action elements and make it a pure adventure game in the same exact setting? Thanks!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
callofcthulhu-02.jpg

callofcthulhu-01.jpg

I hate the use of green piss filter, but otherwise it looks good. I hope this game follows the footsteps of Amnesia: The Dark Descent in terms of story-telling and pacing. But then again this being Cyanide, I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything.

tormund

Arcane
Here's hoping that it won't be another interactive movie in the vein of Walking Dead or Heavy Rain... I can see how original story can be easily translated into something like that, and there is also the current popularity of that "genre".

Explorerbc

Arcane
Also, wasn't frogwares also working on a game titled Call of Cthulhu ?
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=242

Not anymore, apparently!

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I really enjoyed frogwares' latest most polished adventures and they were big fans of Lovecraft. An adventure similar to their Sherlock Holmes title would have been cool in a Lovecraft setting.

On the other hand I also liked cyanide's Game of Thrones and Orcs. Is this gonna be an RPG though ? I just hope they didn't toss them something unfinished from the other studio and told them to wrap it up and ship it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...Cthulhu_with_first_information_and_images.php

Cyanide Studio and Focus Home Interactive unveil Call of Cthulhu with first information and images

H. P. Lovecraft's famously twisted universe will be coming alive on consoles and PC in 2017, in the official video game adaptation of Chaosium's pen & paper RPG Call of Cthulhu. The Cthulhu Mythos has grown to become one of the largest shared universes ever envisioned, giving birth to countless stories, novels, and even movies ever since the original publication of Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. Today, discover the game's first screenshots, which showcase the dark, oppressive ambiance of the game's semi-open environments built in Unreal Engine 4.

Developed by seasoned studio Cyanide, Call of Cthulhu is an RPG-Investigation game with psychological horror and stealth mechanics, set in a deeply immersive world. On a mission to find the truth behind the death of an acclaimed artist and her family on a backwater island, the player will soon uncover a more disturbing truth as the Great Dreamer, Cthulhu, prepares its awakening...

"We are happy that Focus entrusted us with the development of a videogame adaptation of the legendary RPG Call of Cthulhu. As long-time fans of the license, working with longtime partner publisher Focus Home Interactive on such an original and exciting project is, once again, a privilege. We hope to offer fans the game they've long been waiting for."

Patrick Pligersdorffer - CEO of Cyanide Studio

"We are deeply honored to be partnering with Cyanide again. They've grown alongside us for the past 10 years, to become today one of the best independent developers in Europe. With titles such as Styx: Master of Shadows and the Blood Bowl series, they've proved their creativity and ability to offer strong gaming experiences in original worlds. Cyanide has been wanting to make a Call of Cthulhu adaptation for years. They now hold all the cards to create a game that will please fans of the Cthulhu mythos, as well as players eager for rich and original gaming experiences."

Cédric Lagarrigue - President of Focus Home Interactive

Call of Cthulhu will release in 2017 on consoles and PC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, wasn't frogwares also working on a game titled Call of Cthulhu ?
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=242

Not anymore, apparently!

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I really enjoyed frogwares' latest most polished adventures and they were big fans of Lovecraft. An adventure similar to their Sherlock Holmes title would have been cool in a Lovecraft setting.

On the other hand I also liked cyanide's Game of Thrones and Orcs. Is this gonna be an RPG though ? I just hope they didn't toss them something unfinished from the other studio and told them to wrap it up and ship it.

Weird - these screenshots with the Frogwares logo were published after that article: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...game-from-frogwares.89181/page-2#post-4102613

EDIT: Or maybe they were just old screenshots from 2014 that somehow resurfaced?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom