Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyanide's Call of Cthulhu - "RPG-Investigation" game based on tabletop ruleset

V_K

Arcane
Sounds too good to be true. I started following the project with mild curiousity but these reviews converted me to cautiously optimistic. Can it be that we'll finally have a worthy successor to Legacy: Realm of Terror?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If "adheres too faithfully to the genre" is the worst thing to be said, this will be the best game ever.

Seriously, I'm getting legit hyped.
200w.gif

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds more and more like an adventure game with rpg elements. I'm okay with that if that is the case.

Latelistener

Arcane
It will be a shame if they'll ditch combat systems. It's not like I wait this game for that, but I'm just tired of Amnesia clones where characters have no hands at all.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It will be a shame if they'll ditch combat systems. It's not like I wait this game for that, but I'm just tired of Amnesia clones where characters have no hands at all.
They've said you will actually have a gun in the game, it just won't be useful most of the time - monsters mostly laugh off bullets or maybe get slowed down. Also you don't bring a case of ammo with you like Rambo storming a beach (and I assume you won't find ammo and health by breaking open crates or barrels). To me this all sounds perfect.

V_K

Arcane
None of them are RPGs though. And none of RPGs are completely non-combat. So if this turned out to be the first non-combat RPG that would be great.
Although something like the aforementioned Legacy, where you can fight, but it just isn't a viable strategy, would work for me as well.

Latelistener

Arcane
They've said you will actually have a gun in the game, it just won't be useful most of the time - monsters mostly laugh off bullets or maybe get slowed down. Also you don't bring a case of ammo with you like Rambo storming a beach (and I assume you won't find ammo and health by breaking open crates or barrels). To me this all sounds perfect.
Sounds good to me.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I dunno where people got the monster=power in Lovecraft's works. It is all about the terror and the unknowable.

The evil spawn of a god beyond comprehension gets killed by a guard dog in the Dunwich Horror (his brother is a bit tougher to take down).

Zombra

Patron
I dunno where people got the monster=power in Lovecraft's works. It is all about the terror and the unknowable.
This particular point is not about loyalty to Lovecraft, it's about being a good horror game instead of a shooter. It's kind of hard to have terror of the unknowable when having a gun solves all your problems.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He turns the boat around and plows it into Cthulhu's fucking head (apparently Cthulhu doesn't have the reflexes to dodge A STEAM BOAT THAT HASN'T EVEN GATHERED FULL STEAM THAT HAD TO MAKE A U TURN FIRST). In response the great mighty unstoppable unknowable space god Cthulhu goes "fuck this I'm going home" and lets two survivors live. But OMG so unstoppable and ethereal and mysterious. You would be completely missing the point by making a story in which Cthulhu can be stopped by, for example, mildly inconveniencing him. He's unstoppable.

wk275-boat.jpg

This idea came to me while browsing a forum imagining the confrontation of the mightest beings and heros from Pop Culture... When Cthulhu was eventually evoked, someone came up with the irrefutable argument that this ubber-mighty God was defeated by a mere steamboat... Not so untrue. What make Him so feared afterward is still a mystery.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is Plague tale Innocence ?

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-plague-tale-innocence-may-give-you-rat-filled-nightmares/

It’s 1349 and France is having a pretty awful time, what with the whole apocalyptic plague being spread by rats. Players will have to look after a pair of orphans as they make their way through the blighted land, pursued not just by swarms of apparently supernatural rats, but by the Inquisition as well. They’re not having much luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom