Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cuphead

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Could beat the potato, the tombstone on first try but fucking flower bitch whoops me sub 30 seconds.

Also lel watched a vid of some fuck beating her and his boss fight glitched with flower just dancing for half the fight. Thx for the help, faggot.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is quite a good game.

My only complaint is the fact that it is mostly boss battles. There is enough art, music, personality and charm for this to be an actual platformer ala Shovel Knight or a Metroidvania. Or even an RPG. Here's to hoping they do more with the franchise and not just farm out some dumb mobile games or a piece of shit card game.
What the fuck is it with people being so used to a stage-boss-stage-boss structure for games that an all-boss game somehow comes off as having less content? There's no rule dictating stages should be like this and bosses should be like that.

I like the boss rush style, reminds me a little bit of Alien Soldier even though the game is obviously very different.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

My only complaint is the fact that it is mostly boss battles. There is enough art, music, personality and charm for this to be an actual platformer ala Shovel Knight or a Metroidvania. Or even an RPG. Here's to hoping they do more with the franchise and not just farm out some dumb mobile games or a piece of shit card game.
What the fuck is it with people being so used to a stage-boss-stage-boss structure for games that an all-boss game somehow comes off as having less content? There's no rule dictating stages should be like this and bosses should be like that.

I didn't say it had less content.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm being beaten to death over and over by the second boss on the first world, is it possible to play this with a keyboard or should I stop sucking? With all the shit going on on the screen and you not being able to use the mouse, this appears to be a game that requires a controller.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I'm being beaten to death over and over by the second boss on the first world, is it possible to play this with a keyboard or should I stop sucking? With all the shit going on on the screen and you not being able to use the mouse, this appears to be a game that requires a controller.

It is. Just get a cheap Xbox controller if you don't already have one.

DS3 is also better with a controller on PC, anyone who says otherwise is a Russian hacker.

Durandal

Arcane

Then what's your complaint of "it has too much bosses and not enough stages" supposed to mean?

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014

Then what's your complaint of "it has too much bosses and not enough stages" supposed to mean?

Exactly what the fuck I said it was, which was not a complaint about the amount of content.

Durandal

Arcane

Exactly what the fuck I said it was, which was not a complaint about the amount of content.
I'm not sure how I'm otherwise supposed to interpret the lack of stages as anything but a lack of content.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014

I'm not sure how I'm otherwise supposed to interpret the lack of stages as anything but a lack of content.

It's a good thing I don't give a flying fuck about your level of sureness.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
A sequel/DLC is probably guaranteed. What I'd really like though is a Cuphead RPG in style of Paper Mario.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

It's a good thing I don't give a flying fuck about your level of sureness.

And now

tumblr_n10obaTlm41s2wio8o1_500.gif

Kiss!

Ezekiel

Arcane
Expressed my enthusiasm too soon. It looks and sounds good, but I'm not happy about it mainly having bosses. The platforming isn't remarkable either. Good on them for making the game they wanted to make. Not sure it's for me, though.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
How far the Walker hath fallen...

Looking back, I'm wondering if this was why Jim Rossignol and Quintin Smith left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom