Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGAddict

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
:lol:

No surprise this douche is a giant lefturd, I have to say his blog is really quite arbitrary and retarded just like his politics. It is good to have some info on newold games but his analysis ability is pure shit and even totally ridiculous. And I am not talking about some random "social justice" comments the guy makes about muh diversity. The points he tries to argue themselves are always total shit or simply incorrect.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
As for being delusional about his blog's value - well, no one would do something like that unless they were laboring under such a delusion. And it does have value though mainly from the point of skimming posts to select a possible game to play. I don't think it's worth reading them in their entirety unless you are just super bored as fuck and desperate for ANY kind of RPG goodness.

crpgaddict

Educated
I always love the attitude over here. "Hey, here's a guy posting every couple of days on a subject we all claim to care about." "Let's tear him down as much as possible!"

I am just a guy who really enjoys RPGs and likes to write about them. You don't have to enjoy or even read my blog, but do you think maybe "douche" and "retarded" and "pure shit" and whatever are, I don't know, a little harsh when we're talking about a hobby that we all enjoy?

People ask why I don't participate here. This is why. These are games. Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games? I've disagreed with lots of commenters on my blog, but I don't think I've ever sworn at them or called them "retarded."

Mustawd

Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games?

Because rpgcodex.

Really, if you're going to read anything that's posted over here you just have to have the attitude that some people wanna talk about rpgs, some wanna talk about other things, some are trolling, some are genuinely mentally disturbed, and some are plain retarded.

For the record I found the codex through your blog, so I can understand the sentiment of someone who doesn't spend a lot of time here. But this is just one corner of the internet. Either read what people have to say and take it for what it is, or don't. No sense in getting butthurt about it IMO.

EDIT: I support your anti-Trump agenda and wish HRC had been elected. Don't left the alt-right retards in here make you feel bad about it. Although, now this thread is about Trump....ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
I always love the attitude over here. "Hey, here's a guy posting every couple of days on a subject we all claim to care about." "Let's tear him down as much as possible!"

I am just a guy who really enjoys RPGs and likes to write about them. You don't have to enjoy or even read my blog, but do you think maybe "douche" and "retarded" and "pure shit" and whatever are, I don't know, a little harsh when we're talking about a hobby that we all enjoy?

People ask why I don't participate here. This is why. These are games. Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games? I've disagreed with lots of commenters on my blog, but I don't think I've ever sworn at them or called them "retarded."

Makes a public website.

Upset that people read it and comment.

I forget most people (especially guys who just collect government money like you) never had serious criticism. It makes them cry.

Here is what I do when I get criticized about my work.

1. Note it all down in a bored manner.
2. Figure out WHY I get each criticism, figure out where the person is coming from, even if they are basically a retard they usually have some point to it.
3. Either fix the point, or note why I am not going to or why I disagree.
4. Move on with my life oh god it's so easy, not one tear shed :lol:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm, we don't all actively do those things, but we do come here for better or worse because the moderation is lax and the better people around here are really passionate about RPGs and will talk to you like a human being. As opposed to hugboxes and circlejerks (though that does happen here regardless).

I prefer it this way, but I can't fault you for feeling otherwise. That said, Assassin's Creed is still a pretty bad example of reusing assets, especially since almost every game is broken on release.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish you would, so you'd realize that underneath the harsh exterior of a codexer is a cold unforgiving heart, scarred by countless of disappointments.

Anyways, one can survive around here as a liberal and even enjoy the ride. Codex is like an amusement park for the less gifted, designed by the very same people. You never know whether it's a distorting mirror or just your physiognomy that reflects a disturbing picture.

Mustawd

Anyways, one can survive around here as a liberal and even enjoy the ride

Yes, you'll even get some cool jail backgrounds if your Dem candidate loses...:negative:

Makes a public website.

Upset that people read it and comment.

I forget most people (especially guys who just collect government money like you) never had serious criticism. It makes them cry.

I think he means he's writing the blog for fun and for people to enjoy it. So there's no need to get all uber hardcore about it. It's not his fucking work FFS. It's not like he or anyone else here gives a shit about your opinions or your stupid swollen foot.

How is that by the way? Did you get meds for it? Your opinions I mean. Not your foot. <3

V_K

Arcane
Why do you all like to get together and call each other horrible things over games?

Because rpgcodex.

Really, if you're going to read anything that's posted over here you just have to have the attitude that some people wanna talk about rpgs, some are trolling, some are genuinely mentally disturbed, and some are plain retarded.
It also helps to remember that etiquette isn't universal. Name-calling on the Codex is business is usual, so it doesn't really carry the same weight or even intent as it would in other places. People can "call each other horrible things" here and then carry on as if nothing happened, it's just the way local culture works.

almondblight

Arcane
Because rpgcodex.

Really, if you're going to read anything that's posted over here you just have to have the attitude that some people wanna talk about rpgs, some wanna talk about other things, some are trolling, some are genuinely mentally disturbed, and some are plain retarded.

Yeah, pretty much this. You just have to learn to ignore posts made by mentally unstable alt-right types who try to push their political agenda in threads about games, 15 year old edgelords who are excited that this is a gaming site that allows them to use profanity and racial epithets, or the SA wannabe "we're a forum for badasses!" people. It might seem like few are challenging them, but that's because relatively normal people aren't interested in turning every large game thread into a political discussion, and understand there's not much to gain from arguing with someone who thinks Anders Breivik is a hero.

Besides, the edgelords, political agenda folk, and video game badass people tend to have poor taste in games, so a lot of the more interesting threads are largely devoid of them.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

You must realize that this is one of the few sites where you are allowed to speak your mind without some overzealous netnanny moderator moderating your every word. Unfortunately that freedom means that degenerates like Charles Eli Cheese are free to spew their garbage. Just like you are free to spew garbage about Donald Trump on your own blog.

crpgaddict

Educated
Your Trump comment was pretty terrible though and you should feel bad about it

I'm satisfied with the way I wrote it and expressed my opinion. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted it at all on a non-political blog, but there's nothing I can do about that now. I'm not interested in debating politics here or there. My comments here were not about the reactions to my Clinton posting, which I understand, but my work in general. Mr. Cheese is hardly the only person, in the history of this 26-page thread, to dismiss the entirety of it with rudeness and obscenities and get "brofisted" in response. I don't claim everything I've written is pure gold--you try to keep up a consistent level of quality over 7 years, 900 postings, and 1.5 million words. But I've linked appreciatively to numerous Codex threads and articles, and I've done my best to contribute to this genre, and every time I bother to pop into this thread, someone's calling me a "retard."

Some of the comments above have been enlightening, though. I guess I need to regard this site more like Reddit--chaotic, little moderator control, silence not necessarily indicating approval--rather than the more close-knit community that I've always thought it was.

Mustawd

Some of the comments above have been enlightening, though. I guess I need to regard this site more like Reddit--chaotic, little moderator control, silence not necessarily indicating approval--rather than the more close-knit community that I've always thought it was.

It is pretty close knit, but you just need thick skin.

EDIT: Close knit as you see the same faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

crpgaddict

Educated
Figure out WHY I get each criticism, figure out where the person is coming from, even if they are basically a retard they usually have some point to it.

Sure. If you want to offer something more specific than "his analysis ability is pure shit and even totally ridiculous," I'll be happy to run with it. I'm not going to comb each one of my past 900 postings and ask, "I wonder if this is what ol' Chuck was talking about."

pomenitul

Arbiter

I'm thoroughly convinced that Trump is a bona fide neo-fascist puppet who is going to fuck us all up in his flamboyant philistinism—all of us, not just Americans—yet I enjoy reading the 'Dex because of the amusement and niche edification it provides. Since I'm a firm believer in ludo-aesthetic autonomy, the pill-popping logorrhoeas that get spewed here on an hourly basis aren't enough to drown out the CRPG talk, which is frankly some of the most engaging on the interwebz. I smugly, condescendingly, liberally roll my eyes whenever the discussion veers away from the heart of the matter, and I move on, unless I'm in the mood for crude entertainment. As a general rule, however, the pseudo-prophetic ravings and provocations of Bannon/Dugin epigones are best left unabetted.

Love your blog, btw.

Durian Eater

Learned
I'm satisfied with the way I wrote it and expressed my opinion. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted it at all on a non-political blog, but there's nothing I can do about that now. I'm not interested in debating politics here or there. My comments here were not about the reactions to my Clinton posting, which I understand, but my work in general. Mr. Cheese is hardly the only person, in the history of this 26-page thread, to dismiss the entirety of it with rudeness and obscenities and get "brofisted" in response. I don't claim everything I've written is pure gold--you try to keep up a consistent level of quality over 7 years, 900 postings, and 1.5 million words. But I've linked appreciatively to numerous Codex threads and articles, and I've done my best to contribute to this genre, and every time I bother to pop into this thread, someone's calling me a "retard."

I don't know why it should be necessary to explain this to an adult man, let alone a long-term blog author, but strangers on the Internet don't calibrate their tone to take into account the feelings of people who aren't even present in the conversation. I can't imagine anyone thinking that they should unless that person is a little too tied up in themselves.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
..and every time I bother to pop into this thread, someone's calling me a "retard."

made me lol

don't mind if someone calls you a retard, and if you really do mind, call them a retard back. thats how the Codex rolls; filter out the good stuff, ignore the stupid stuff, if someone pisses you off, call them names. don't take it too seriously, its just the internet, mate.

want something more supportive?

I really enjoy your blog, you are doing a great job and you made me interested in lots of games that I otherwise might not have dared playing. so thanks for that, keep up the good work! :salute:

Mustawd

don't mind if someone calls you a retard, and if you really do mind, call them a retard back.

crpgaddict , a lot of us here are 20 and 30 something, and we genuinely talk like that with our friends. I call my friends retarded all the time. It is what it is. I'm genuinely surprised that you're shocked at this.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Rather than waste time posting on the Codex, perhaps now that you're going back and filling in games that you missed / didn't finish, you could finally play and complete The Faery Tale Adventure in its original Amiga version. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom