Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Title

• OP is a gigantic fag

Votes: 163 48.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Of course, Torment as a series has always been shit, its expected.

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Nah, the pissbaby butthurt gigameltdown would cause legions of self ejections

Votes: 31 9.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 93 27.7%

• Total voters

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I am going to do the Alpha and Beta though, and provide the same style of testing. But yes with not as much devotion. Should be able to provide lots of bug reports regarding UI/usability and whatnot.

Fairfax

Arcane
There will only be a meltdown if most people expect it to be nearly as good as PST. Does anyone believe that? I honestly don't know what the majority here thinks about this game, but I think WL2 and PoE have taught most people a lesson on having unrealistic expectations.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
There's gonna be at least one guy claiming PST combat was amazing and TToN ruined everything that was good about it.

buzz

Arcane
Nothing is going to top the PoE stuff. Remember how we used to have a 1200+ pages thread about the game before the beta was released? :lol: The amount of D&D wankery, extreme nitpicky discussions about ANYTHING from floating bricks to economical systems and shit. All the quoting and stalking and the what-ifs about a game months or years before its release. Not to mention the whole review fiasco. No one is going to top that drama, not even a new Torment game.

The reception for ToN will probably be somewhere at Mask of the Betrayer levels or lower, with some people going :incline: just cause it has turn-based combat. It will be forgettable dreck, a "hidden gem" for the few who will bother downloading a 20giga video game for some mildly okay storytelling.

Now Fallout 4 on the other hand :M, that might cause some ruckus.

imweasel

The Codex as we know it would cease to exist without epic fails and pure shit RPGs. The Codex thrives on disappointment.

So no.

Shammy

Learned
The Codex as we know it would cease to exist without epic fails and pure shit RPGs. The Codex thrives on disappointment.

So no.
Pretty much this. Codex will survive, but we will probably never hear the end of how bad the game turns out assuming it did turn out awful.

Zeriel

Arcane
Not only could the Codex survive, but it would emerge all the stronger. Torment being good would be a lesser outcome for the Codex, resulting in smaller threads and less meme gifs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The failure of TToN depends only on number of reviews on the Codex, if there will be more than 7 it means it failed.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Codex is shit anyways. Let it die.

Regardless, these hypocritical motherfuckers will pretend it's a good game because it came out of Fargo's ass. Plus, you have all the Fargo cronies on his pay-roll that will of course say it's a great game. This place survived the absolute, mediocre shit that was Wasteland: 2. Also, you have that abortion of a review on it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Expectations is the best poison for games especially kickstarted
Just calling it Torment means "hey remember all those wonderful feelings from that game you played ~10 years ago? our game is supposed to bring them back!"
And you're basically liek - "no it won't"

But then without the name kickstarter wouldn't have happened, so there is no way to solve all this
To like a game you should be surprised by it and so approach it without any real expectations to appreciate the effort

everything is shit.

:cmcc:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Codex is THE shit anyways. Let ME die.

Regardless, these hypocritical motherfuckers will pretend it's a good game because it came out of Fargo's ass. Plus, you have all the Fargo cronies on his pay-roll that will of course say it's a great game. This place survived the absolute, mediocre shit that was Wasteland: 2. Also, you have that abortion of a review on it.
I fixed that for you.

Mustawd

Codex is shit anyways. Let it die.

I love shit out of Fargo's ass. Will definitely buy and play Bard's Tale remake in which a band of adventurers delve in a labyrinth design based on MRIs of Fargo's intestinal system. It's the shit. Literally.

pippin

I think I'm beyond hating games after playing through Oblivion and FO3. Especially FO3. I also never follow kickstarter updates, and I don't do D1Ps. I do think I'll enjoy the game, unless the devs REALLY give me a reason to hate it.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
A point

Planescape only received 6 more votes than Fallout 1 in the all time list. So even on the Codex it is not considered the best RPG by a bunch of people. Planescape received not quite 9% of the total points available.

Secondly - a story

In 1999, before the turn of the Millennium, a guy rose from a group in the West and gathered a huge following of lefties and wishy-washy types. He walked on wine and turned storytelling into the sweetest mana from heaven. His opponents jealous of his charisma and intelligence plotted to kill him and in fact succeeded. But he showed incredible resilience and arose from the cold dark state of eternal silence and traveled the realms again.

What is the power of a name? His opponents surmised once this was discovered they would hold power over him and a Blobber called Judas completed a long quest over 3 CDs and in a moment vanquished him forever from the realms.

The nameless one died but his following did not. Words are power and in an enormous library sited in the lands of honey and dates a cult of the Codex took hold and preserved the values of AR PEE GEE and they had much wisdom. They also had Strength prosecuted by a deranged High Priest and emotional following.

Before his death from this realm, the nameless one predicted his second coming and revealed signs of truth to his disciples at the time. These were kept secret for eons and lost as whispers as civilization declined.

The tides turned and seasons passed. Whispers of a rebirth were heard. Oh, how they were heard and longed for. The Nameless one re-appeared as he promised and made it known to the Codex of his followers. He was tested for sure and knew all the answers to questions posed by the high priests.

"Have I not come back as promised?"

"Here now begins the True Incline to the promised land!"

The high priest was ready to make his judgement, his face in rapture

"F off you turd, we don't like gays. Say hello to your mum. The combat was shit"

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
As long as Fallout 4 is a proper slamdunk hit, amirite guys.

Depends on what you mean by "shit". If you mean liked by 90%(Or at the very least the majority) of codexers with a few butthurt posters treating it as a travesty then it'll be fine. Vocal Minority shits over every game, to various extent.

If it actually manages to be mixed or generally disliked by most of the dex it'd be pretty catastrophic, at least for the hero worship relating to all the codex memes involved in the project. But there'd still be Larian, storyfags would commit suicide en masse however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom