Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cossacks 3

Cadmus

Arcane
I just started playing it. Never been good at Cossacks but I like the style. Here, after the tutorial, one map and one campaign map I'm not quite sure what to think. Seems a bit dumbed down, especially after Cossacks 2 which was a clusterfuck of control zones and reloading and all that shit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried playing it as well, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

The units, the buildings, the upgrades... it just all seems.... boring. There's absolutely nothing special about it.
Some mechanics are fairly nice like the guarding of buildings and I certainly like the speed of the building part (it is on the slower side).
The combat is in contrast to that, though, as it just seems to evolve into who got more units. It is extremely chaotic once two larger armies collide.
I guess it tries to be too historical to be much fun for me.

I'd only recommend it to people who are totally :bounce: about the setting.

Cadmus

Arcane
The combat is a clusterfuck which goes directly against that professional army feeling the game is trying to get. While the units clipping into each other is necessary for the huge numbers to even work I suppose, it also means that 30 units converge to an X point because there's no space restrictions and it's impossible to control unless you've got everybody under a keyboard shortcut. I gotta replay Cossacks 1 to see what the differences are but here it doesn't feel good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom