Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update #9: Mega Box and Design Talk With Sensuki

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Copper Dreams; Whalenought Studios

Whalenought Studios, consisting of the celebrity couple Joe and Hannah, just published another Kickstarter update. With 54 hours left on the campaign, they're on the final stretch with only ~500 dollars to go to reach their $40k goal.

The news in this update are:

1. PRODUCT NEWS

Miniatures
We wanted to show our mockup of what we have planned for the available miniatures to select from any Miniature+ reward tiers. We'll have photos of the 3d printed models we get as proofs before any of you make final decisions on which one you'd like to have! Miniatures will be available colored plastic sandstone, or in a matte white which you can color!

The Mega Box Tier
Throughout the campaign we had some requests to have larger tiers, or tiers that include a compilation of all the rewards. We have to be careful with how much we can actually do with physical rewards, of course, that's time out of our two-person team. However we could easily oblige providing more exclusives that are simply coming from other tiers or making the game.
Thus we wanted to create a mega box tier here at the end of all things. A few of you have so graciously donated beyond the highest tier, and anyone who has will be receiving this upgraded tier regardless if they change their pledge.​

2. SENSUKI NEWS

Our good friend Sensuki gives MattChat a run for his money and has filmed an interview with the power couple, discussing game design and such. In two parts, holy shit!

Pledge some money to their Kickstarter now!

M0RBUS

Augur
Only 380 USD left to go.
I guess we can count this as in the bag, which is awesome news :D
I'm really glad for them, the jump from 10k to 40k was pretty bold for essentially the same team, but I think they deserve it. Their kickstarter campaign takes some time to read but it's really promising.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
That megabox is calling to me, but $500 might be a bit steep, even if it includes a SitS booklet. Well done, Sensuki.

Edit: Sensuki, aren't you Australian? Why are you wearing a hat? It can't be that cold.

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
Great video Sensuki! Shame because of those occasional video problems - it is hard to masturbate to Hannah with so sudden stuttering and blurriness.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Great video Sensuki! Shame because of those occasional video problems

The artifacting only occurs in the first video. I think if I re-compiled Part 1 I could fix them but youtube doesn't allow you to replace videos so I don't think I'll bother.

Edit: Sensuki, aren't you Australian? Why are you wearing a hat? It can't be that cold.

It's winter here at the moment though. My eardrums often hurt in the cold, so I wear a beanie in the colder months!

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Nice work, was getting a bit sad when it looked like this wasn't going to make it. Always good to see videos where developers are genuinely passionate about what they are doing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Entertaining and informative, Matt has to step up his game

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Hopefully that is not the last interview you have made, Sensuki. Get Vault Dweller or Styg onto camera (or at least microphone) and start your own Sensuki Chat series of a bit more in-depth interviews than we see in Matt Chat.

We'll see. Whalenought said they'd like to do some more of these further along in development and I should be able to accomodate that. Glad you liked the interview. At the moment, there isn't too much on the near horizon that super interests me except Expeditions: Vikings.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Glad you liked the interview. At the moment, there isn't too much on the near horizon that super interests me except Expeditions: Vikings.
Honestly, the only association I had during video was Jay from duo Jay and Silent Bob, you should forgive me that because I'm very bad at listening comprehension, so I just watched moving pics. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom