Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update #10: Base Funding Goal Reached, Alpha Details

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Copper Dreams; Whalenought Studios

The Copper Dreams Kickstarter campaign reached its funding goal last night, with 48 hours on the clock. In the latest Kickstarter update, Joe and Hannah celebrate their victory, and also provide some details on the game's backer alpha, which it seems they've already planned out in detail. I quote:

And we're funded!! We're so gracious for all the support getting here, we couldn't have done this without you all helping spread the news about the game. We're so thankful and happy to have you on board for this project! Some of you have been spamming the internet and forums for the last month, and that word of mouth got us ~900 backers! Thank you all so much. We are truly grateful for your help and support.

Goals

Our other two big goals are comprised of funds for continued development on our end as well as the external work we'd need to allocate resources for. We'll be assessing how much we make at the end of the Kickstarter along with any paypal orders in the future to see what we can do about attaining any of those goals. We'll keep you all informed on progress!

Paypal Available

Not really news for you backers, but we wanted to announce that we will have a paypal option to pre-order the game up to beta release. Once we have those alpha/beta releases we'll remove those and will just have the base game for preorder prior to release. Any additional funding will count toward said stretch goals.

Modular Reward Purchases

We've had a few messages and emails asking us about being able to purchase the miniatures/handbooks separately after the campaign ends or through paypal. All the rewards after the first three are Kickstarter exclusive to Kickstarter backers. Our fingers (and time) can only endure so much needlework, so the books made during this time will be it for Copper Dreams! We do plan on making more miniatures for Copper Dreams and Vol characters in the future, but need to plan out costs for those down the road. However as said, the ones available in this Kickstarter will be exclusive for our backers now, so we won't make these exact ones again.

Agro-Fax: Supply Drop

Creating a new kind of user control and mechanic setup is both extremely challenging and exciting. We're constantly tweaking and changing things as we get to the vertical slice for what plays and feels right for the game and ruleset. We have a great boon with this Kickstarter in having so many alpha testers, and we're excited to get it in your hands later this year.

While the beta will involve the game proper, part one of the alpha will involve a small mission on the island before presenting the start of the game in a second alpha stage. You'll be playing a team of Agro-Fax agents being dropped off via helicopter over a derelict factory to steal data drives believed to be stored within. This gives some flavor into other syndicate operations and includes all of the game mechanics. Agro-Fax culture is quite different from Wolffz Bay, led by a bunch of aloof, groovy scientists hell bent on their own ambitions without much care of the rest of the island. The agents they send on missions are still as dangerous as any though. You'll see to it. We'll be releasing more information on the release timeline for this down the road.

We're still tweaking mechanics and setting up the vertical slice with a group of our *top men*, but will be posting details here when we're getting there!

The alpha will be available for Mac, Windows and Linux users.​

Congratulations, you kids. It was a near thing, but you made it. Now let's see how the final 36 hours shake out.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Waiting for this and the expansion of staglands

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Really happy to see it picked up some traction over the last few days, I was a little worried over the middle slump for a while. I haven't backed much on kickstarter in a while so I got quite excited again with this game. Big congrats to Whalenought on their second successful kickstarter! It's definitely not easy! Cheers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom