Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Campaign is Live

Mustawd

Hopefully that cell signal is pretty weak most of the time.

I think they should really put a hard mode that decreases how easily you can save. Because I can see a lot of people being turned off by a very hard save system, and others really enjoying a very difficult one, if it's a difficulty option.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was looking at this section:
Resting in Safety
In town hubs and clinics you can choose to rest, which allows a myriad of options for your characters to pursue individually over time. With missions and events only having an allotted time for completion, this type of action has to be carefully considered, for events can change or take a turn against your favor. The world moves without you, but you'll have to heal those 6 bullet wounds in your head eventually.
So it seems like every time you're wounded, it's a very serious decision to roll with it and keep going instead of loading a save. I'm actually delighted that rest spamming won't be an option, but ... I'm concerned that save spamming will be the reinforced alternative.

skyst

Augur
Looks pretty sweet. I really hated the ~PS1 era, early 3d graphics in the late 90s and still do in 2016, but everything else offered may make for one hell of a game. Cautiously fapping?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The interface of SitS was such a nightmare. Not worth it.

The interface in this should be easier to use and navigate than SitS. Whalenought wants to keep some of the elements old-school for specific reasons but general interaction, navigation and UI feedback will be more up to date.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I was looking at this section:
Resting in Safety
In town hubs and clinics you can choose to rest, which allows a myriad of options for your characters to pursue individually over time. With missions and events only having an allotted time for completion, this type of action has to be carefully considered, for events can change or take a turn against your favor. The world moves without you, but you'll have to heal those 6 bullet wounds in your head eventually.
So it seems like every time you're wounded, it's a very serious decision to roll with it and keep going instead of loading a save. I'm actually delighted that rest spamming won't be an option, but ... I'm concerned that save spamming will be the reinforced alternative.
There is the possibility of the injury system favoring avoidance over combat too, if you aren't hit, you aren't injuried afterall. It will be tricky to find a balance to not make stealth the obvious option all the time.

About saving spamming, this could be solved with a "I need to check your KKKredentials before you enter sir." difficulty mode where you can only save when you rest, the pussies can play on the other difficulties instead.:cool:

SniperHF

Arcane
Well it's gotten more money on 1 day than SiTS did in 1+2, not too bad I suppose though the higher goal should be considered.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice, I hope the kickstarter goes well.
gfs_37033_2_7.jpg

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Whalenought_Joe - the KS front page is seriously lacking in information. Make it more meaty and make sure you highlight those Deus Ex/Escape from New York influences a lot more. Name-dropping Metal Gear Solid should also be done as soon as possible. Could draw more weeaboo/mainstream crowd into the campaign.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Mmmm i was disappointed with SOTS but I'm backing this because at least they were trying to make the kind of game I want.
Can't not support indie devs who are fighting the good fight.
What's the alternative, lazy console rpg ports, getting another shitty mass effect game every year, or tranny surprise baldurs gate abominations?

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't think there will be separate difficulty modes. Just the one.
Dunno if this require super programmer skills from 2 dudes but some sort of optional iron man like mode would be welcomed for those times when your character is injuried as fuck and you are feeling lazy enough to hit that load game option to get what you want.

grimace

Arcane
It opened after I'd gone to bed and there only four collectors boxes left when I woke up. I obviously have too much money so now Whalenought has all of it.

:takemymoney:

Will they by numbered? Only 15 Boxed Collector's Edition ever made?

Limited (2 left of 15) as of posting.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Will they by numbered? Only 15 Boxed Collector's Edition ever made?

Limited (2 left of 15) as of posting.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple put aside for special (i.e. Codex) events, so they may not be quite as unique as the number suggests. That's not stopping me from bragging, though. I'm currently right up there with mindx2 in terms of the good stuff.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reminds me of Commandos, with all the sneaking and spotting mechanisms. I hope enemies will have similar patrolling behaviors as in Commandos. The rotating camera and vertical freedom of movement looks amazing. I truly hope this will downplay traditional RPG combat and tries to go for something more innovative, with more emphasis on how you decide to engage enemies rather than what happens after you've started the combat. From the video it seems Joe and Ann might be going for this kind of approach.

Looks nice, I would back this if I thought for a second I could have time to play this once it comes out.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Haven't touched KS for ages but how can I not when this beautiful RPG-developing alpha-couple comes with a fresh pitch.
Too bad boxed version is out... I must settle for 125 then.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Haven't touched KS for ages but how can I not when this beautiful RPG-developing alpha-couple comes with a fresh pitch.
Too bad boxed version is out... I must settle for 125 then.

I just think they underestimated the demand for it. I suggested they add a few more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom