Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

grimace

Arcane
"Heya!

Here, this our game we want you to back on kickstarter.

You can't play any demo, the mechanics are still in development... but don't fret!!
This is how the game looks like and read some backstory to get a feel of the game and make some kind of semi-informed decision when I am sure you'll spend money on it!

What you say? You've read me saying that this art style is not set in stone?
You've got that right! You're one scrutinous motherfucker!
We didn't have/had a style in mind for the game when we start/started with it.

We also don't have a release date for ya but be sure that all that time will be invested in NOT changing the art style more than 7 (seven) times.
Thank you for your attention and now go and hit that pledge button with confidence!"

-- The next kickstarted game that has this kind of rhetoric has a sure pledge from me because imbeciles on rpgcodex told me so... :)

You are correct. These Kickstarter elevator pitches do not inspire confidence.

Kickstarter/Crowd Funding/etc are not investments. Treat them like a gamble if you have the money budgeted ahead of time.

Responsible adults can act irresponsibly with their money however they choose to do so. Even if someone on the internet calls them dumb.

almondblight

Arcane
You can't play any demo, the mechanics are still in development... but don't fret!!
This is how the game looks like and read some backstory to get a feel of the game and make some kind of semi-informed decision when I am sure you'll spend money on it!

What you say? You've read me saying that this art style is not set in stone?
You've got that right! You're one scrutinous motherfucker!
We didn't have/had a style in mind for the game when we start/started with it.

We also don't have a release date for ya but be sure that all that time will be invested in NOT changing the art style more than 7 (seven) times.
Thank you for your attention and now go and hit that pledge button with confidence!"

Hey! I see you're new to Kickstarter. It's a great system that let's developers make a game without interference from publishers. Famous Kickstarter success stories include Double Fine, InXile, Otherside Entertainment and Yogscast. Legends like Neil Stephenson, Richard Garriott, Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts and Two Guys from Andromeda have even gotten in on the act!

Last edited:

gaussgunner

Arcane
May 12, 2016 Project launched

"We didn't have a style in mind for Copper Dreams when we started with it"
Oct 23 2016

Yeah? But they stuck with that same basic style well into 2017, up to page 50+. Then they went to the flat washed-out look and said it was "the last art pass". And now this.

If it has good gameplay it can look like this for all I care >>>> :prosper:

I just don't understand why they'd change the art style so much when they're still working out mechanics and they haven't even released an alpha.

ArchAngel

Arcane
May 12, 2016 Project launched

"We didn't have a style in mind for Copper Dreams when we started with it"
Oct 23 2016

Yeah? But they stuck with that same basic style well into 2017, up to page 50+. Then they went to the flat washed-out look and said it was "the last art pass". And now this.

If it has good gameplay it can look like this for all I care >>>> :prosper:

I just don't understand why they'd change the art style so much when they're still working out mechanics and they haven't even released an alpha.
From what I have been following it they spent most of their time refining the engine and their RPG mechanics and combat.
For this last art style change I think they said they were able to make some changes that allowed this, they probably didn't have time to work on this before.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I like the art style, it has character and doesn't look like yet another drab and boring brown grey generic crap.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer

Copper Dreams Kickstarter Update 18
Like Dislike Share

Whalenought Studios
Published on Apr 4, 2018

Hexagons? Custom Lighting? And more!

Whalenought_Joe whalenought_hannah

Is there a new video update in the works? I have greatly enjoyed seeing the past videos and have shared them with many people.

Thanks! Big one before the alpha should be next week, need to pick up some more alcohol for it. We will have a play-through of a map or two and are finishing a few of the Social action buttons for the alpha and wanted to talk about those, we haven't talked about the Social skill yet.

In brief: Social builds have the equivalent of a gun for actual gameplay, despite playstyles being wildly different, rather than just augmenting text-dump fodder. Dialogue tags can be used like any other action during gameplay to roll to convince NPCs to do stuff you'd want to. Bums to follow you or cause a scene, Rent-a-cops to take the night off, alerted NPCs to calm down, etc. Something a player would want to do to potentially anybody that doesn't require to rip you out of the game and into a dialogue event. The tags we're keeping as vague as possible, so various NPC types will have something to act on.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is the last/new art revamp.

T1iyQ0c.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom