Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Looks wayyy better than the first graphics. But I hope we will see more stuff in action before the game is out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see they are still sticking with this new art style. They changed mechanics of the game how many times now? 3? 4?
Art style they changed twice already I think. So I guess we can expect 1 or 2 more by release :D

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jeebus. That artstyle when you see it in action. I'm thinking it might be a bit much for me to be honest. Not even sure I can make out what is supposed to be what.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
301ab02276ed465f149abbf2bc64dbe0_original.gif

buffalo bill

Arcane
I think this update has changed my mind—now I think I like the new art style, especially in motion. Better than the previous early-3D-style art styles imo (which I wasn't a fan of at all).

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New art style is a big improvement. It's not amazing, but it's miles better than the original. I already trying to rationalize all the cool things that would be in the game so I could force myself to play through it despite the horrid graphics. The new art however is good enough that it won't make it painful to play the game.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
We have some starting AI setup where they avoid running over other civilians and you unless they are fleeing making civilians get some pep in their step to get moving. If you attack a driving civilian, they'll kindly give up their vehicle for you. If enemies are after you and you get on a vehicle, they'll try to commandeer one themselves to give chase.

This sounds nice in theory.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
From comments:
Whalenought Studios 2-time creator 15 minutes ago
Colors will certainly vary depending on the theme of the map, but more grays and drab still works well within our illustrative look. We're just happy to be out of the shovel-ware technology range of visuals we've been at for a while now and working with a style we're loving to use — will be tweaking it through alpha, of course.

Events happening in the game have simple goals in very system-rich environments, we've been working on a lot of simulation systems to that end, so hopefully you'll enjoy it! We'll make a post about that specifically closer to the alpha as we finish some of them off. Civilians for instance use telephone booths if they are near them to call in MFI troops to sweep an area for trouble if they see you as a threat — lots of small-scale ai additions and more large scale simulations make up a lot of the challenge.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Honestly, the reaction to these graphics is why we end up with such drab palettes -- people mutter about them being boring, but no one gets up in arms, whereas a more boisterous look provokes a stronger backlash. I hope they stick with this. As people note, it is quite clearly inspired by a long pedigree of genre-appropriate comic books.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I've read most of the updates till now, watched the videos etc. But I have 0 idea of what kind of game this currently is.

I guess the alpha will answer some of that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh my, the new art style is terrible. It looks like a psychedelic trip in a bad way and like some phone camera filter is smeared all over. Where's my early 3D aesthetic that I praised so much during the kickstarter? Is it still the same game in terms of mechanics?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Honestly, the reaction to these graphics is why we end up with such drab palettes -- people mutter about them being boring, but no one gets up in arms, whereas a more boisterous look provokes a stronger backlash. I hope they stick with this. As people note, it is quite clearly inspired by a long pedigree of genre-appropriate comic books.
I don't mind different, but once it gets muddy/confusing (I can't tell what that animated gif is supposed to be), I have issues.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Lacrymas They took "early PS1" seriously and gave you Cloud Strife from FF7, complete with futuristic motorcycle! Be careful with monkey-paw wishes.

SQE_FFVII_CLOUD_N_DAYTONA.jpg

santino27 Not sure which animated gif you're referring to. All the ones with the Doc Ock arms are weird looking because the arms are themselves a weird element that's hard to show in small models, but the most recent forklift (which isn't a forklift, since it's rear-loading, it's more like a tow truck/trailer) is pretty clear to me?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom