Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682999664

https://mechajammer.com

https://af.gog.com/game/mechajammer?as=1649904300

https://copper-dreams.com

copperdreams.jpg

THE LUCKY GET DRAFTED TO WAR.
THE REST GET DRAFTED TO CALITANA.

AN OPEN CITY
Dumped onto the island world of Calitana, you are one of hundreds drafted to ease the overcrowding that is rapidly miring the citizens of Earth in famine, violence and poverty. Once a beacon of hope, the isolated Calitana quickly devolved from lustrous to disastrous, unable to support its settlers, and overrun with unbridled corruption and lawless syndicates.

From waterways to rooftops, adaptability on the island means scaling the city heights, be it to avoid syndicate eyes or to explore the depths and secrets within. An isometric, fully 3d world allows for vertical freedom and movement. Traverse through districts by vaulting through windows, grappling hook to decks above, or jumping building to building. There's no way off Calitana, but there are a myriad of ways through it.

TURN-BASED COMBAT, TIME-BASED RESOLUTION
Engage enemies in strategic, turn-based combat with time-based resolution. Execution time for a turn's actions adds an extra tactical element, and gauging when to attack, hide, intercept or engage in a full-party assault can turn the tide of battle in your favor.

The means to survival not only rests in strategic planning, but the tools and training at your disposal. A variety of ammunition and weapons carry different strengths for different situations, and skills like engineering and chemistry widen your range of tactics in combat.

leaves.png
this.png

SHADOWS AND STEALTH
The best way to engage an enemy is on your own terms. Realtime shadows, sounds, and enemy vision are dangers and aides as you grapple to get the upper hand in encounters in a city that is suspicious at best and hostile at worst.

Learn to manipulate the electric grid, shoot out lights and cameras, and re-program patrols to control your environment. If an enemy can't see you, they can't put a bullet in you, saving precious healing resources to tape yourself up and avoiding critical ailments that require your precious time and money for clinics.

CYBERNETICS
Stagger the odds in your favor with good hardware. A torso shell to house the brain, a chainsaw arm, built in wrist recoil, cloaking rigs, and mobile eyes are among the specialties of the cybernetics artists in Calitana, where food is scarce but copper is cheap.

Construct your party with cybernetic enhancements, synergizing with skills and items, to create unique builds for your team.

city.png
alive.png

INTERACTIVE ITEMS
Giving you access to a vast amount of tools and technology to affect the world around you gives life to new gameplay scenarios you control. Keep item GUI on screen, such as scanners and terminals, as you survey your surroundings and fill your bags with weapons and goods that you pick up throughout the city.

http://whalenoughtstudios.com/copper-dreams/

Copper Dreams

Very excited to announce our newest game, Copper Dreams, and give you an idea of some of the new mechanics and systems we’ll be developing for it and future games. It’s a real neat package of systems, and is inspired by a lot of pen and paper along with more tactical gameplay like time-based combat, vertical environments, and stealth with realtime shadows. You can check out more information on the website here: copper-dreams.com.

While we’re waiting for the gameplay reveal trailer this December to show more details, we wanted to give you an idea of what’s in store for off-world deployed draftees in 2016.

We’ll have more development posts about bits and pieces of the game prior to that, along with the some details on the 100 physical editions.

We’ll also have a site to chronologically establish games in the Vol campaign, including the Serpent in the Staglands expansion early next month.

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Sounds great. I am confused about the 'time-based resolution' bit though. What does that mean?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds great. I am confused about the 'time-based resolution' bit though. What does that mean?

Sounds to me like it's either:

1) Some sort of high granularity turn-based system where actions can take more than one turn (so like, while you're preparing your plasma rifle to fire, the enemy can get off two shots with his laser pistol)

2) Not actually turn-based but something like Frozen Synapse.

getter77

Augur
Fantastic in every respect---if the first game was them nodding at least a bit at Darklands, then this one might as well be nodding at the sum of Shadowrun games among others.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh yeah, you're also a member of the Copper Dreams exclusive focus group.

agris mindx2 It's time to tell us what you know.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, this sounds interesting. It also gives a JA2 wibe with the whole island thing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
An isometric, fully 3d world allows for vertical freedom and movement. Traverse through districts by vaulting through windows, grappling hook to decks above, or jumping building to building. There's no way off Calitana, but there are a myriad of ways through it.
ITZ HAPPENING

CRPGs discovered z-axis.

Athelas

Arcane
Not super familiar with Frozen Synapse but yeah something like that. I think the closest thing is something like Grandia

?
I didn't know you were into jRPG's.

Though what you posted is simultaneous turn-based (with asynchronous turns). What they're describing sounds like something else - delayed execution of a turn order. I.e. order character to cast spell - three turns pass before spell is cast. Or what Infinitron said:
1) Some sort of high granularity turn-based system where actions can take more than one turn (so like, while you're preparing your plasma rifle to fire, the enemy can get off two shots with his laser pistol)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I didn't know you were into jRPG's.

I'm not, Joe told me that was the game that inspired the combat system when describing it to me initially. They're asleep atm so I don't think they'll mind if I jump in and answer some questions.

if this mean 3d gfx then massive butthurt on codex is coming.

It's isometric with a fixed perspective, the camera perspective is familiar to pretty much everyone. The character models are 2D though.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm not, Joe told me that was the game that inspired the combat system when describing it to me initially.
Oh ok. Well it is actually a pretty nifty combat system - although quite ambitious to design compared to your usual turn-based combat system.

They're asleep atm
You're aware of when they sleep?
tumblr_mnn50r2s4K1sosawio1_400.gif

You're getting heavily invested again, aren't you?

likaq

Arcane
It's isometric with a fixed perspective, the camera perspective is familiar to pretty much everyone. The character models are 2D though.

So, 3d gameworld ( maps ) with 2d character models + fixed perspective ?

Kinda like the opposite to shadowrun ( 2d maps + 3d character models + fixed camera ) ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom