Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Convoy

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Convoy; Kickstarter

Never thought I'd see the legacy of Roadwar 2000 and Autoduel continued but here it seemingly is. Convoy is marketed as FTL meets Mad Max and has a lot of the hallmarks of the earlier classics. As a huge Roadwar fan I must say that the prospect of once again navigating a convoy across a dangerous postapocalyptic wasteland while scrounging for supplies and upgrades is a tantalising one. Them not naming those old classics on the other hand is rather disappointing to me. Perhaps I'm just getting old. Check out their Kickstarter if you're interested.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Asked them if they were influenced by ye olde Roadwar 2000 and Autoduel. Turns out they weren't. Hope they'll at least take a look at those classics. Lots of ideas they could simply copy into theirs.

'Thanks for covering us! A few people have been asking if we were inspired by Roadwar 2000, Autoduel, and Car Wars. We weren't... In fact we haven't actually heard of any of these games (shame on us!) but I suspect it's because they were mostly "before our time". :)'

Seems pretty cool. Hope they make it. Wasn't something similar offered recently on KS? From the guys that made Banner Saga (was it Bedlam?)? Wonder what are the differences, except that the Banner Saga guys will get a lot more money for their KS, of course...

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bedlam was familiar, yeah.. But the combat system there was basically reskin of Banner Saga. (TB, guys against guys)

The combat in Convoy seems much more interesting imo.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aight, gave in and backed it. Looks really up my alley, and the theme is also cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom